What are you playing?

This forum is for members to discuss topics that do not relate to anime music videos.

Re: What are you playing?

Postby javywhite » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:20 am

Ni no Kuni! Awesome game.
javywhite
You belong in a museum

Postby tipsd9video » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:16 pm

Wishing my Game Stop didn't sell out of FE Awakening T^T
youtube accounts:
tipsd9video for animations and AMVs
animefxnstuff for live action videos
tipsd9video

Postby Amaterasu » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:42 pm

Just beat Persona 1. Working on Digital Devil Saga now. TIME FOR CANNIBALISM!
Amaterasu
Lets Positive Thinking

Postby Enigma » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:13 pm

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid

Postby Amaterasu » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:43 am

While I'm working on DDS. I'm also working on a new file of Skyrim. Named myself MC Ride after the rapper from Death Grips and I'm mostly just using shouts (any Death Grips fan would get the joke).

Also playing Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2. I've got to say it's pretty great so far, but I don't like how every level becomes available after you beat the first act of zone 2.
Amaterasu
Lets Positive Thinking

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:15 am

Okay, now it's just getting silly. This is like three bosses from three different games that I've broken now. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Y0K8kaaKI
dj_ultima_the_great

What are you playing?

Postby ngsilver » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:31 am

Since I'm on a bit of a retro game kick lately while waiting on Xillia to come out in the states I decided to load up my copy of the SM RPG Another Story and give it a go. I played it a long time ago on emulator but didn't get very far. It's been a lot of fun actually. For an RPG based on an anime it's pretty good, though the translation could have been better.
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ngsilver
The Hookah Guy

Postby Ijexis » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:18 am

Uh...a lot of stuff right now but mainly focusing on Ni no Kuni so I can finish it before Tomb Raider comes out. Probably will go to Tales of Graces f afterwards so I can finally give it back to my friend.
Ijexis

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:15 pm

I'm doing a Let's Play of Tomb Raider Legend. It's a well-loved oldie for me, but I wanted to so something that would be quick between now and the time the new TR comes out. I was going to do Anniversary, but it's too long. I won't have enough free time to finish it, and I really want to dive right into LP-ing Tomb Raider on the release day (which I lucked out and happen to have off from work, yay).

Oh, and I started Son of Sparda difficulty in DmC. I found all of the keys and secret doors (with FAQs), and I've finished all but two of the missions (without FAQs; they're a lot easier than ones in the previous games), so I feel that I'm as set as I'm going to be for attempting higher difficulties. I'm realizing that I'm pretty bad at this game anyway, though. : /
dj_ultima_the_great

Postby GloryQuestor » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:43 pm

atm, revolving between Crashmo, Skyrim, Sword & Poker II, Zelda II, and Final Fantasy V.
( :| Serious Business Studios :| )
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Video Art Track Department Supervisor
Another Anime Convention - Fan-Works Theater Staff
ImageImage
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero

Postby Qyot27 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:56 pm

Still grinding around at the end of FF8 Disc 3.
My profile on MyAnimeList | Quasistatic Regret: yeah, yeah, I finally got a blog
Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny

Postby Fay-Sa » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:30 pm

Tales of Eternia for PSP, known as Tales of Destiny 2 for NA folk. So far I'm enjoying the hell outta it.
Had to import it from the UK since the PSP port wasn't released here. Also I checked and it doesn't have the game breaking glitch which is always a good thing.
Fay-Sa
Chasing Crimson Butterflies

Postby 8bit_samurai » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:13 am

Finished Disgaea 4, just starting Metal Gear Rising and waiting for Fire Emblem Awakening. Once I'm done with one or both of those, probably gonna check out the extra stuff in Disgaea 3 and 4.
Under Construction
8bit_samurai
Hmm...

Postby dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:19 pm

Tomb Raider (2013). Liking it so far, although it retains very little of the old TR feeling to it. Lara herself, however, is another story. I don't know why, but for some reason, even though she's scared and vulnerable in this one, I absolutely think, "That is Lara goddamn Croft" every time I look at this new version. She's athletic, smart, and resourceful, in precisely the way that you'd expect her to be, but now she's... more human. I guess that means Crystal Dynamics did their job right. I'm wondering how long the game will actually be and where the story will go, because what little I knew about it only extended through the first hour or so, and CD was careful in not giving away too much during production.

I am, of course, recording this into another Let's Play. I blazed through TR: Legend in a day, thinking I would upload that in the week before TR2013 came out, but work didn't allow for it, so I'll just have to get to it as a "bonus" later.
dj_ultima_the_great

Postby GloryQuestor » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:07 pm

I'm putting FFV and Crashmo on the back burner for a bit, since I just added Etrian Odyssey IV and Coaster Creator 3D to my mix.

If you have a 3DS and like ATLUS RPGs, I highly recommend Etrian Odyssey IV. If you want to try EO4 out, you're in luck, as it has the best free demo of the eShop. You get to create your full game party right away, level them all up to 10th level, while getting through the first few parts of the game. Once the demo ends and you max your characters, you can export them to the full game. There's even some special items that can be collected via QR codes that work with the demo. Proof positive that the "shareware" model of games still works to this day. ^^

In contrast to this was the Fire Emblem: Awakening free demo, which offered no customization other than gender and two game battles in way of demonstrating gameplay. While I like the 3D in FE: A, I was really disappointed that I couldn't try out any more aspects of the game unlike with EO4's (and many other) demos. :(
( :| Serious Business Studios :| )
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Video Art Track Department Supervisor
Another Anime Convention - Fan-Works Theater Staff
ImageImage
GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion