Fundementals of Hip Hop

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
ssj4lonewolf
Org Profile

Fundementals of Hip Hop

Post by ssj4lonewolf » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:29 pm

Aight bet here how it goes

This is the first hip hop amv collab project(at least i think so). I'm very thankful for the responses i got, and i noticed a few of you are intrested. So finally i sat down and came up with a list of songs to go by, and I'm also gonna give a few ideas and things to go with the songs. You dont have to follow my ideas on a song but im just telling you exactly what i felt off the top of my head while listening to these songs. Also I give these songs a diffculty rating between 1-10, 10 being the hardest.
There is no time limit between when this project will be finshed, but i would like to get it out before the end of this year. Also I'll try to edit the N word outta all of the songs but thats gonna be tough(go go go music editing skills). I can provide all the songs if need be so just contact me on aim if u need to. Also I have songs that we could put in place of others if need be. Im trying to keep it under 85 min.

Basics

1.Video
640x480 23.98(if u can) format: mpg, low space avi(my hd isnt that big)....

Any video footage can be used, but if u use fan subs, cut out the subs, raws are good. If all possible avoid this and use the DVDs, but i understand how it is, we arent all rich.

2.Audio
192kbps(near Cd quality)

The editing for this is kinda insane but I can do it all, also i can provide all the songs if u dont have them to work with originally

3. The No's

No Hentai, thats pretty much it

Most lyrics can be found on ohhla

A= Anime I first thought of listening to the song(you dont have to follow my ideas)
D=Difficulty(A 1-10 rating i thought of while listening to the song)
allow 3-4 seconds for fades so i can match them togeather.

Song list (what i came up with at first)

1.Intro Beat-Vid Credits 0:00 - 0:38 (0:38)
Instrumental done by a friend of mine, opening credits

2.Paitently Waiting-50cent f/Eminem 0:38 - 4:02 (shortened) (4:12)
A=Bleach D=6 (dnk)

Not too hard of a song, its a good song to draw someone into the grand show. Kinda dark, w/ great lyrics. Bleach hits my head for this one, I dont know why but thats what came up.

3.Knockin Heads Off- Lil John & Eastside Boys f/ Jadakiss & Styles P (shortened) 4:02-8:04 (4:02)
A=Tenjo Tenge?(lol) D=10(to say the least)

As with any lil john song its already hard enoguht to find an anime that fits this, but for all the fighting in tenjo tenge, and since this is fight music, I thought of this. Plus Bob can pass off lil john lip syncs pretty well since he looks like him.

4.Dangerous-Busta Rhymes 8:04 - 11:45 (3:41)
A=Almost anything(lol) D=4

This song is too easy for any amv maker to get to and work. Its kinda like Linkin Park it works with everything. Need I say more?

5.Go to sleep-Eminem f/ DMX & Obie Trice 11:45 - 16:27(4:42)
A=Elfen Lied D=7(ssjlonewolf / Daajester)

I had just got done with Elfen Lied and i came to this song and i thought this is perfect for this anime. The lyrics for this song go perfect with this anime, if you do it right, but these are just my thoughts. I got bits and pieces in my head all ready for this vid, but I'll pass this one to someone else.

6.Stomp-Youngbuck f/ TI & Ludacris 16:27-21:11(4:44)
A=Naruto D=5 (ssjlonewolf)

After listing to this song 2x i got an idea for this one. Im taking this one myself. Unfortuantlly for me this song has a lot of gun shots so ill have to mix it with 2 different animes.

7.Get that Dirt Of Ya Sholders-Jay Z 21:11 - 26:11(4:00)
A=Great Teacher Onizuka, Azumanga Diaho(sp?) D=8

For some reason I kinda thought of a funny vid for this one, I can picutre Onizuka talking and getting the dirt off his sholder, on the hook. But also this can make a good action vid(DBZ perhaps?), I got the idea on that one too.

8. Yall been Warned-Wu Tang (shortened) 26:11 - 28:56(2:45)
A=Samurai Champloo D=5

Lol this song fits champloo perfect. I had to shorten it because I thought the lyrics kinda got off track on the direction of the song in a way. But just everything about this song screams champloo.

9.Can I Talk To Ya-Cassidy f/ Jadakiss 28:56 - 33:24(4:28)
A=Cowboy Bebop D=9

I thought of this because of the beat really, I couldnt resist thinking this because it has kinda a old school feel but new school flow. Since bebop is mostly jazz, a combo of old school, upbeat, and pop, this came up

10.Run-Ghostface f/ Jadakiss 33:24 - 36:43(3:19)
A=A, lot. D=8

I was thinking very lyrical to this song. This song is basically about someone just running for their lives. I was thinking any running scene done right can be used for this, the trick is finding and matching all of them togeather.

11.Get Back-Ludacris 36:43 - 41:13(4:30)
A=Inuyasha D=7

Why, b/c I seen a really bad amv with this song and Inuyasha and i thought, "Man...this song isnt portrayed right at all, it doesnt fit anything". Lol this damn vid was soo bad I only could watch it half way...But then I thought any half way decent editor can do 20x better than that, I got some deep good thoughts on this one.

12.Are We Cuttin-Pastor Troy f/ Ms.Jade 41:13 - 45:18(4:05)
A=Great Teacher Onizuka D=10

Lol I wanted to make a comedy Vid out of this one, but realized that I'm no good at comedy. This song can be portrayed in 1 way to me, Onizuka tryin to get some and getting shutdown everythime, since he never gets any in the series. The hooks are great for Onizuka getting framed in the series.

13. Gun Play-Prodigy f/ Big Noid 45:18 - 50:00(4:42)
A=Gungrave D=10 (ssjlonewolf)

Im taking this one. Lol you guys have no idea how hard it is to come up for somthing f/ mobb deep. All of their beats are super dark and awsome, but the lyrics on the other hand kinda contridict any anime cept this one. Atm Im watching gungrave and I have to do a gungrave vid to this song, I already decided

14.Dreams-The Game 50:00 - 54:40(4:40)
A=Naruto D=7

Naruto has a dream. This was the first thought when bringing these 2 togeather. The lyrics are great and it fit the anime in a way perfectly. I could see this one have a lot of thinking scenes in a way.

15.Be Easy-TI 54:40 - 57:52 (3:12)
A=unk(lol) D=10

I had too many thoughts on this song but not a solid pic in my mind. So if someone can come up with somthing let me know lol.

16.Black Cotton-2 Pac f/ Eminem, Kastro, & Young Noble 57:52 - 62:32(4:40)
A=Trigun D=5 (ssjlonewolf)

This song is up beat and sad enough to infuence me to watch trigun all over again, just to find what scenes I wanna use. I'm gonna take this one as well.
17.Elevators-Outkast 62:32 - 66:57
A:Cowboy Bebop D=10

A good song, but its slow, very slow in a way. I figured it would be wise to use the lyrics on the hook to show all the main charecters in the anime. Other animes have been considered in my mind but this is what comes to me.

18. Out Vid 66:57 - 68:00
Credits and such.

*addtions and replacements*
TI-Be Easy with Bring em out-T.I. (3:27)
D-5 A-Any

I found this song to work well with many anime, and if all else fails ill do this one my self I had a few good ideas, someone let me know if they wanna do this one.

We gon make it-Jadakiss f/ Styles P (3:52)
D-10 A-Gungrave (ssjlonewolf)

I came up with a better idea for we gon make it about 1 week again and i really like it so im gonna do it myself. The come back and forth is perfect for these 2 in gungrave. A lip sync vid that i thought of a tough project but im up for the challenge.

Gun Play-Mobb Deep with Which ever mobb deep song that you want. Once you guys figure out witch one you guys want let me know.

This list isn't set in stone, if u got a good idea I can throw it into the mix. I can take and replace stuff too. You yourself doesnt half to work on these vids alone, try to collab with as much ppl as possible to help create a rememberable masterpiece. We should be all able to help each other if need be with our cc enough.

Holla at me with any questions of concerns. I'll try to help as much as I can. I'm on aim yahoo and msn all the during the day, usually.

Oh yea and I apologize for not making this all big and flashy, I dont know how to....
Last edited by ssj4lonewolf on Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Oh god, that black dude with the afro is always making those damn trash ass music hip hop amvs...he needs to do something with techno or rock....
.......as if I would do something like that.
おおかみなく

ssj4lonewolf
Org Profile

Post by ssj4lonewolf » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:57 am

im glad im done with that, it took me 3hrs to type up...
Oh god, that black dude with the afro is always making those damn trash ass music hip hop amvs...he needs to do something with techno or rock....
おおかみなく

ssj4lonewolf
Org Profile

Post by ssj4lonewolf » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:44 pm

ok dnk is taking paitently waiting, projects getting started woot.
おおかみなく

Daajester
Org Profile

Post by Daajester » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:36 am

are you still taking on ppl to put this collaboration together? If so I would very much like to do and or help on Elfen Leid.. that anime rox and the song rox ^^ plus Ive never actually done a multi editor collaboration and would like to try one out seeing as to it should help improve me skills as an editor. My email is daaajester@comcast.net if ya wanna get in touch to talk more bout it.

ssj4lonewolf
Org Profile

Post by ssj4lonewolf » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:59 pm

yea thats fine we can work on that togeather if u want i got some killer idea i wanna put to use for that song and anime.
おおかみなく

Daajester
Org Profile

Post by Daajester » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:59 pm

I think this is gonna be a killer segment to work on..just cuz the song fits the mood of one aspect of the anime so very very well. :D

Kimarhi77
Org Profile

Post by Kimarhi77 » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:20 pm

Hmm i might be interested in doin the "knockin heads off" to Tenjou Tenge. Let me dig thru my stuff and see if i got my hard copy stuff. i hope i do or i'm stuck to usin the fansub 24 eps lol :lol:

ssj4lonewolf
Org Profile

Post by ssj4lonewolf » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:34 pm

alright koo koo koo.
Like I said you dont have to do it to the anime i sugested, it was just the anime I first had in mind.
おおかみなく

Daajester
Org Profile

Post by Daajester » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:02 pm

Ok so heres my 2 cents and I wouldnt feel right if I didnt voice it...Could we maybe do more of a mix between the songs...ie not the entire song but a segment of each mixed together into one long custom"remix" of said songs....I dunno but a 80min amv Im not sure anyone would be willing to download let alone sit through the entire thing...maybe a seperate release of each vid and one huge file that contains them all in some form as you suggested or the condensed remix I suggested...I dunno just voicin what Ive been thinkin bout...either way Im still on board Im just curious if the long version is the only way you are willing to go with this project?

ssj4lonewolf
Org Profile

Post by ssj4lonewolf » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:22 pm

hmmm....that sounds like a plan(I safe one at that), also releasing all the seperate vids is good too, hmmm, very interesting. I mean for me im still gonna do a long version and just piece it into the songs if we do it like that. More audio editing for me, woot, either way sounds good, I would like the long version, but you do have a point. :wink:

Also if u look at the vg projects there long as fuck
NES Project(81:36) [pimp shit]
RVG(59:06)[also pimp shit]
And the org's hosting them.
おおかみなく

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”