Nightowl Pictures - Firewall

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Nightowl
Org Profile

Nightowl Pictures - Firewall

Post by Nightowl » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:07 pm

So, here's my video I made. It's up for download now. It was a part of the Pro contest, won Best Storytelling and Best Artistic Endeavor. I enjoyed making it, and I'm very proud of it! Good for me! I figure the thing speaks for itself so, without further ado, the link to Firewall:

Firewall

And just for the hell of it, I think I'll put up a link for Brian's Song as well - it did win Grand Prize in Expo after all!

Brian's Song... AGAIN!

And there you have it. All done. Check 'em out if you want - or not, it's entirely up to you. Later, kids!

-N

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:47 pm

Firewall is honestly one of the best videos I've ever seen. It got my vote for Best of Show.

Illia Sadri
Org Profile

Post by Illia Sadri » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:06 pm

Yes I concur, how it was not a best in show finalist in pro was a sad travesty but nontheless you got what you deserved with it and it was quite possibly my favorite vid in the entire pro contest this year.

WalterScott
Org Profile

Post by WalterScott » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:19 pm

This was absolutely fantastic, my favorite video in all of Pro, and it should have been nominated for Best in Show. At first I thought it might be Janzki's due to the use of Vremya music. Eventually I figured it out though because so much of your love for the art of film comes through. Your use of effects to create the old film look was seamless and I understand *exactly* what you must have gone through. I also love it when people construct an alternate storyline for a source.

I can hardly wait to see what you come up with next. Gonna go for that triple crown...?
- = ( ( g r a v e n i m a g e ) ) = -

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:08 pm

Is anyone else having a problem viewing this video? When I downloaded it, it won't play on Windows Media Player (even with codecs installed), and when I tried to use MPEG4 Modifier on it, it said something about the file being corrupt. Of course, I downloaded it on a different computer from my usual computer, hence I may try again on Sunday when I'm using my usual computer.

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:16 pm

I had a problem as well, but just look up a avi fixer and it will take care of it.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:23 pm

awesomeness. I loved both vids at awa, though Brian's song has much more replay value. Firewall is an excellent technical acheivement, and very good story telling, but after the first few watches, gets quite boring, since the surprise of the story elements arn't there anymore :lol:

Still great stuff. :up:

Metro
Org Profile

Post by Metro » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:27 pm

Great video, I hope more people are inspired to create works like this.

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:41 pm

Easily my favorite video in Pro this year. Absolutely awesome :up:

TnAdct1
Org Profile

Post by TnAdct1 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:40 pm

Orwell wrote:I had a problem as well, but just look up a avi fixer and it will take care of it.
Thanks for the tip. I downloaded it, ran the video through the fixer, and now the video is working.

Sephiroth
Org Profile

Post by Sephiroth » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:42 pm

gratz on the awa win.

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:09 pm

loved it

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:56 pm

Awesome, and it's because it was different, more people should try and create things that are as unique and wonderful as this.

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:50 am

Fall_Child42 wrote:Awesome, and it's because it was different, more people should try and create things that are as unique and wonderful as this.

jou ma se poes

Decoy
Org Profile

Post by Decoy » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:52 am

Btw - That was not me in Lee's account. Lee is drunk on Margaritas. The video however was an awesome piece of work. Very slick shit.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”