Site FAQ

Everything you need to know before posting
Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Site FAQ - Videos

Post by Kireblue » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:24 pm

Q: I don't like a video anymore, can I delete it?

The goal of the video catalog is to be a comprehensive database of ALL AMVs. So instead of deleting the video, you can make the video hidden by going to the “Edit Video Info” page located in the “Editors” dropdown menu located on the left side column of the main site. To make a video hidden, select the checkbox for all the entries that you would like to keep visible, and uncheck the ones that you'd like to hide. Then click the "choose top videos" button at the bottom of the list.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Site FAQ - Videos

Post by Kireblue » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:32 pm

Q: I went to change the premiere date of a video that I cataloged, but its not working.

Premiere dates that are in the future can be changed at any time. But once a premiere date is in the past, it becomes locked. If you mistakenly put the wrong date, you can ask a admin to change it by selecting the “Request Change of Locked Video Information” link at the bottom of the “Edit Video Info” page located in the “Editors” dropdown menu located on the left side column of the main site.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Site FAQ - Videos

Post by Kireblue » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:34 pm

Q: Can I catalog/ upload a manga, video game, or cosplay music videos to this site?

For the purpose of this site, anime-style video game cut scenes (such as Final Fantasy) are considered "anime", and are allowed to be cataloged and uploaded. Manga music videos can be classified as “anime inspired stills”, and so they are also allowed. However, cosplay music videos are only allowed to be cataloged and uploaded if they feature a significant of anime footage. is a good example of a cosplay music video that meets this criteria.

In the case of videos that primarily use non anime-style video game footage (For Ex: World of Warcaft), Non Japanese animation (For Ex: My Little Pony), or Cosplay Music Videos that don't also feature a significant amount of anime footage; they are not allowed to be uploaded or cataloged, but they can still be posted, announced, and discussed in the "Other Videos" forum.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Site FAQ - Forum

Post by Kireblue » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:37 pm

Q: I'm new to the site. What should I know before posting?

New members to the site should check out the site rules here.
Members that wish to post in the “AMV Announcement” forum should also check out the “AMV Announcements Etiquette” thread here.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Site FAQ - Forum

Post by Kireblue » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:40 pm

Q: I'm interested in being a part of the community, where should I go?

You're already there! Being a part of the community is as simple a just checking out and posting in the forums. You'll soon be interacting with editors from all across the world! To find IRL editor meetups, go the the “Anime Convention” forum to find out if there are any local events and conventions near you.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Site FAQ - Forum

Post by Kireblue » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:42 pm

Q: How do I get avatars to appear on the left side of the threads?
irriadin wrote:
  1. Install Stylus for Firefox or Stylus for Chrome
  2. While on this site, click the Stylus icon and "write a style for animemusicvideos.org"
  3. CHROME USERS: Enter the following rule for animemusicvideos.org:

Code: Select all

.postprofile {
      float: left;
      border-width: 0px!important;
    }

FIREFOX USERS: Enter the following rule for animemusicvideos.org:

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("animemusicvideos.org") {
    .postprofile {
      float: left;
      border-width: 0px!important;
    }
    }
  4. Name it, save it, done!
Original thread can be found here.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Site FAQ - Videos - Forum

Post by Kireblue » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:16 am

Q: How do I announce a video?

In order to post/ announce a AMV you must first add it to the video catalog. Once you successfully do this, you will then be able to create an announcement thread for it here.

Please make sure that you also check out the “AMV Announcements Etiquette” thread in order to know the rules and guidelines for announcing your video here.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Site FAQ - Videos

Post by Kireblue » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:29 am

Q: The anime I used in my video hasn't been approved/ confirmed yet. What should I do?

If the anime source for your video hasn't been confirmed yet, please request its approval in the "Confirm new anime?" thread here.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Site FAQ - Forum

Post by Kireblue » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:27 am

Q: How do I post my video info in the Announcement thread? Do I have to type all of it manually?
dokidoki wrote:For those that might not be aware, when you see a lot of text describing a video like this:

The person posting it probably didn't type all of that out by hand. You don't have to either. When you post, there is a button called "vidid". You can click on it, then put in the video ID of the video after the first right bracket. If you find the profile page of the video, like this one:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... .php?v=215

The video id is the number after the equals sign. So to display all the information shown above about this video, you only have to type:

[vidid]215[/vidid]
Original thread can be found here.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Site FAQ - Forum

Post by Kireblue » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:56 pm

Q: How do I embed a youtube/ vimeo/ video into my post?

To embed a youtube or vimeo video, you must take the end of the url path (usually the portion that follows the "=", "&" or final "/" character), and enclose it into [youtube][/youtube] or [vimeo][/vimeo] respectively.

For example: To embed the video associated with the following link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzQ6gRAEoy0, you must enclose the fzQ6gRAEoy0 portion of the url. To avoid typing [youtube][/youtube] manually, you can simply highlight fzQ6gRAEoy0 and press the youtube button near the top of the reply field. The same thing also applies to the vimeo button respectively. The result will look like this:

[youtube]fzQ6gRAEoy0[/youtube]

In the case of videos hosted on Google Drive, you can embed them just like YouTube videos, but you'll need to use [gdrive][/gdrive]

To embed a youtube playlist, you'd need to use the "playlist" tag instead of the standard "youtube" tag, and paste the playlist ID path inside it.

So to embed the following playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpNngMlvvJQ-iOPlm9JnbWobS48pg9TPC, you will need to do the following

Code

[playlist]PLpNngMlvvJQ-iOPlm9JnbWobS48pg9TPC[/playlist]
Result

Return to “Rules & FAQs”