Devil's Sign

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Neverend
The cockpuncher
Org Profile

Devil's Sign

Post by Neverend » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:54 pm

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Re: Devil's Sign

Post by NS » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:55 pm

i hate 30 seconds to mars, but I'll give this a look anyway.

edit: not too bad, there were a couple spots where I'd have done something different, but overall it was solid, nothing amazing but it was a decent action vid.

also: so many hellsing vids lately.

nommay
om nom nom
Org Profile

Post by nommay » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:33 am

Saw this on youtube, I liked it a lot :up:
NS wrote:so many hellsing vids lately.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:49 am

Twas alright. :up:

I just don't care for hellsing, but I can appreciate the good editing and nice sync.

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:00 am

meh, I didn't like the pacing in this at all really. Felt like the video had way to much goin on in it to the slow music. Especially midway through where it slowed down even more and you had all kinds of scene switching. Could just be me though. Not really liking the matching either honestly. I always envisioned a really dark drama vid themed to revenge set to this song which is probably what held me back from liking this. Sorry yo.

Biggest draw back was the overuse of action IMO, this doesn't strike me as an intense action song.

3/5
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Shinnie04
Org Profile

Post by Shinnie04 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:57 am

Thought it could have used a stronger concept like Eva suggested but it was okay lol. Overall, good, solid and clean editing.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Eion
Slash wouldn't treat me like this
Org Profile

Post by Eion » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:40 am

Yo
it was nice i liked it
nice clean editing

But the shakes were too hard for the song
however good job (Y)
we swedish editors pwn =3 XDD

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:57 am

I liked the color correction to a degree, but in general this video came off really weak and thrown together to me. The pacing felt incredibly random and inconsistent. I may also be slightly biased because I hate 30 seconds to mar's new shit, but I really didn't get any enjoyment out of this video.

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:32 am

Excellent Hellsing video 4/5

One of the few people to edit with Hellsing and capture the tone, which is apparently difficult. Nice job. The juxtaposition of a relaxed song with action scenes like this is a great way of expressing how desensitizing violence can be, and how it can become just a calm montage of destruction for the viewer. :up:
*sips tea*

Ryukz82
Org Profile

Post by Ryukz82 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:42 am

I realy like this... for me the anime and the song realy worked well together.
Its true that some parts needed more strengh but overall it was pretty good and i realy could get into it wich is a good thing xD
The only thing i have to complain is that you used twice a scene from the first ova... it bothered me a bit but still good to watch 4.5/5 :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”