Advent Crisis - Acen 2009 Finalist

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Kazemon15
Org Profile

Re: Advent Crisis

Post by Kazemon15 » Fri May 01, 2009 7:24 am

LittleAtari wrote:

Code! Code's returned! =D

Welcome back!

And as for the vid, LA, you already know my thoughts. :wink: Awesome stuff.
:nono: You only commented for Code :cry:
Not true! D=

lol No really, I was planning to comment on this thread, Code just made me do it faster. XD

But I'm serious, only trailer besides Stranger Than Death that I actually like. :up: Good job. And it's FFVII to boot, something I hate with passion, so good job making it enjoyable.

(Yeh, I'm a hardcore Tales fan...)

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun May 03, 2009 4:39 pm

I thought I posted here already. I guess not. Anyway, I really liked it. I'll admit, until I read the thread I hadn't noticed the characters' criss being crossed. That might be because it's been a while since I last watched The Matrix and I haven't seen Final Fantasy yet, but even so, I think it still works as its own entity.

This video makes a lot more sense to me if I ignore its sources, and that makes me like it more than I would enjoy the average trailer parody. It's an original trailer that happens to be made from preexisting sources. I'm actually a little disappointed that you marked it as Parody, Atari. Maybe you were trying to make it as a parody in the first place, I guess, but if that's the case, I'm glad you failed. Well done. :up:
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Sun May 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Kitsuner wrote:I'm actually a little disappointed that you marked it as Parody, Atari. Maybe you were trying to make it as a parody in the first place, I guess, but if that's the case, I'm glad you failed. Well done. :up:
I'm glad you liked it.

I marked it as a parody because I thought that in general, all trailer amvs that are made from pre-existing trailers could be considered parody, as people do make AMVs that are original trailers, but I can see how it can confuse people. Maybe if it was a crack match up of sources or a good guy-bad guy reversal, it could fit better under parody. Thanks for mentioning that. I'll unmark parody so people don't get confused.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Sun May 03, 2009 9:32 pm

For future reference:
dictionary.com wrote:par⋅o⋅dy
   /ˈpærədi/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [par-uh-dee] noun, plural -dies, verb, -died, -dy⋅ing.
–noun
1. a humorous or satirical imitation of a serious piece of literature or writing: his hilarious parody of Hamlet's soliloquy.
2. the genre of literary composition represented by such imitations.
3. a burlesque imitation of a musical composition.
4. any humorous, satirical, or burlesque imitation, as of a person, event, etc.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Sun May 03, 2009 10:22 pm

lol

Thank You Kits

AnimeKariChan
Org Profile

Post by AnimeKariChan » Mon May 04, 2009 9:43 pm

Awesome job! Your timing was really good and your footage quality was good too. I really enjoyed watching it. :)
ImageImage

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Sat May 09, 2009 5:53 pm

Although it is very difficult to tell who was who, seeing as various characters had the voices of same characters but i can understand why seeing as how the scenes matched what was being said. overall it was pretty good to watch. 3/5

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Sun May 10, 2009 10:00 pm

AnimeKariChan wrote:Awesome job! Your timing was really good and your footage quality was good too. I really enjoyed watching it. :)
Thanks. I'm glad you liked it.
Ijexis wrote:Although it is very difficult to tell who was who, seeing as various characters had the voices of same characters but i can understand why seeing as how the scenes matched what was being said. overall it was pretty good to watch. 3/5
Glad you still managed to enjoy it even with the crisscross.

BurningLeaves
Org Profile

Re: Advent Crisis - Acen 2009

Post by BurningLeaves » Mon May 11, 2009 12:40 am

I didn't notice any of the character inconsistencies, I'm not a fan of FF so I wouldn't know whose who to begin with. I enjoyed your video. I thought the sync was good, lip sync was about as good as you'd expect it to be in a ff vid and you did a good job of meshing the sources together. Well done.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Tue May 12, 2009 3:06 am

Kazemon15 wrote:But I'm serious, only trailer besides Stranger Than Death that I actually like.
Aww, gee wiz XD

You know, I honestly never even noticed that there were crisscrossed characters until I read this thread. I can see how that would bug people, but I think it worked out for this vid. The fact that it was a trailer made with CG footage that actually had good lipsync more than makes up for this, I think.

I'm posting so late, but still, nice work LA :3

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”