♥ Wishes to the fireflies ♥

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
S.A. Robert
Org Profile

Re: ♥ Wishes to the fireflies ♥

Post by S.A. Robert » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:16 am

Very cool video, I liked the combination of sources.

siny
Org Profile

Post by siny » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:22 pm

Thank you all for the comments and advices :)
pink haze wrote:The pretty blue color scheme is one of my favorite things about this. I was a little worried at first that the bubble texture thing would start to look monotonous after a while (and it would have if it were just thrown on there over the entire video), but the end result is very attractive. That, along with the common motifs (pianos and moons =D it seems), makes everything feel unified. The video holds together really well.
:up: Lyric-sync

I liked the pacing just fine. The only place it felt slow was at 1:25, the start of the first heavier chorus. The next chorus didn't feel that way; the scene selection was more energetic.

/will never be tired of this song. I'm happy that an inordinate number of mvs (four, including the original) I've seen to it thus far have been really enjoyable.
I'm so happy to read your comment. I tried really hard to make everything look good together. The colour scheme helps a lot, but it's also a pain to render at the end - but it's worth it!. And yes the instruments were a source of inspiration from the original video.
I'm glad to hear you're not tired of the song :D
Milk Or Life! wrote:Ahh <3 lovely! I actully i'm not a fan of fast Shinzo version... this felt way better paced. well at least for me :awesome: :uhoh:
Yay thank you, glad you liked it :oops:
Ikore wrote:blue color corrector created a truly dream atmosphere, and I really like this pace, kinda dig, a few technical issue like shugo chara part, but it was nice... scene selections and sources were great ofcourse :up:
Yes that part bugs me a little as well. Glad you liked the atmosphere and you can't imagine how glad I am to hear you also liked the source selections. That was probably one of the most difficult parts. I for sure didn't want to use some random scenes from random animes. My goal was to "follow" the lyrics. :wink:

Laerium wrote:
AimoAio wrote:
Cross/fade wrote:Scene selection was great. But after Shinzo made his AMV using remix of the song it's hard for me to get used to the speed of this xD (editing is good though).
X2. Apart from the pacing[not that it was bad, I just wasn't used to it xD], everything else was pretty good :D I especially loved the colours and textures because it gave it a nice magical feeling. <3
x3
Even though it was a bit too slow at times, really enjoyed it :D your best video so far!
Glad you liked Di!! :lol:
godix wrote:I like the use of color, but I kept waiting for the color to change. There were a couple points that seemed natural for changing the color scheme to something besides blue. The expanding circle of growing stuff at :45 just seemed to call for that. Musically, around 1:30 and 2:30 seemed to call for it. So nice job, but I would have preferred to see the colors change to accent various parts of the song.
That's a really interesting thought, I'll be sure to keep that in mind for the future, cause I gotta be honest I never tried it with this project. Thank you so much for your comment! :)
S.A. Robert wrote:Very cool video, I liked the combination of sources.
Thank you! Glad you did! That was really hard indeed, if only people could imagine the many times I changed here and there :D
ImageImage
ImageImage

Stratos-RvS
Org Profile

Post by Stratos-RvS » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:26 am

ImageImage

Rubeeh
Org Profile

Post by Rubeeh » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:46 pm

Oh isto!
Acho que já te disse o que penso. :3
Anyway, definitivamente um dos teus melhores trabalhos <3

Shinzo
Org Profile

Post by Shinzo » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:10 am

I really liked the amv though I dont like this version ( no remix) , the remix makes me more free to edit. Thank you all for commenting on my amv around the world, I'm happy.
Cross / fade - I love your amv-Pacific Coast Party (AWESoME)
Stratos-SVR - Thanks for comment my amv.

Congratulations Siny - :rofl: :up:

Kawatta-kun
Org Profile

Post by Kawatta-kun » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:14 am

RUBEEH talk english duhr :'x <3

You know what i think about it ^^ you deserved the price :'D
Awesome flow most of all.
Image Image

DaikashiSan
Org Profile

Post by DaikashiSan » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:24 am

@Shinzo: You would not believe your eyes if you saw your AMV. It had colors, like, every... where.

ALSO:

@Siny: You managed to make a video-version to a song I dreaded for a while because it was just soooooooooo overplayed. You managed to make me enjoy it one last time before hating it again, so definitely gets a :drumroll:

5/5 from me. :D Congrats on the video.

Rubeeh
Org Profile

Post by Rubeeh » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:14 pm

Kawatta-Kun wrote:RUBEEH talk english duhr :'x <3
I'm sorry ;__; !!
I'll translate it then >:

Like I said, you already know what I think about this <3
Definitely one of your best works! Keep it up~ :3

Aeniara
Org Profile

Post by Aeniara » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:46 pm

you know what I think about this :'D loved it, congratulations ^^

it's your best work ever :)

siny
Org Profile

Post by siny » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:57 am

Awww so sorry for the late reply! :(

@Stratos-RvS, I have no idea why you showed us the video from Shinzo here, but ok :lol:

@Shinzo, thank you :) I actually prefer the original version, the mix sounds a bit too weird for me. I guess I can blame the radios for playing the original version soooooo many times. It's kinda hard not to be addicted to it I suppose!

@Rubeeh say huh?!?!?!? :P Thank you so much! :)

@Kawatta-kun, thank you again and again and again :)

@DaikashiSan, ahah! I understand your feelings soooo well! I don't think I can have another overdose of this song for the next years! :oops: Thank you and glad you liked it :)

@Lady Dia, thank you sweety! <3
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”