Error.EXE - Judge's Award AVCon 2010

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Error.EXE - Judge's Award AVCon 2010

Postby Infinity Squared » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:00 pm

Yeay Evangelion! Anyway, this be my AVCon entry and it was awesome seeing it play to a full theatre. It's a fairly simple action/drama video with an alternate interpretation of the song... sort of.

Added bonus, here's my AVCon IC video which didn't win (got runner up or something but yeah...)

Enjoy!
Last edited by Infinity Squared on Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants

Re: Error.EXE - Judge's Award AVCon 2010

Postby jubjub2 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:18 pm

Ooh! Mark videos!

/gets

Edit: That was well done, sir. Some of your phrasing was off, imho, but other parts just flowed effortlessly.
Last edited by jubjub2 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
jubjub2

Postby Megamom » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:01 am

Ok for my AMV's not my favorite... but it is good, although I feel that lacked harmony between music and the scenes, perhaps the escene selection is the problem!

3/5 :up:
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE
Megamom

Postby Tearx » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:43 pm

I was really disappointed by the eva video for I don't feel it went along with the song at all, Personally, Imogen Heap is one of my favorite artist and it just seems it didn't do it justice (however I may just be biased)

with the other video:
atmosphere was okay, but once again the song seemed a bit off from the scenes.
Tearx
The Malicious Feline

Postby Niwa » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:10 pm

A different kind of Evangelion video, and I enjoyed it. I pretty much liked the pace and the scene selection, The wipe transitions worked fine, but looked really weird in some sections. And also, it would be nice seeing a bit more of the black fades. To be honest with you, while watching this, I had a bit of the Euphoria nostalgi.

Good job :up:
Niwa
Cake Addiction

Postby Ileia » Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:50 pm

I liked it, I put it in a playlist with M Drive and it feels kinda like a continuation (which is great, because I like both videos). :up:
Ileia
CornDog Whisperer

Postby AimoAio » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:17 pm

Didn't really like the Eva video sorry...just felt like it didn't connect with the song :|

I really enjoyed the IC video though :awesome: Good job! :up:
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby Infinity Squared » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:44 pm

Heyo, thank you all for watching ^_^

I can understand why people may not see the connection between the song and anime because there's probably more action scenes in there than would be necessary. But yeah, as I said, this is about trying to flesh out the Shinji and Rei connection that was highlighted more in the movie.
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants

Postby Fizziks » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:41 pm

Reset Play was very well done, especially for an IC video. In your video description, you mentioned that the judges didn't like the how it felt cut off, but personally I thought the abrupt ending fit perfectly with this AMV.

Error.EXE is definitely not like your typical Evangelion AMV, but the tempo and scene selection of this video won me over.

Nice work on both videos! :up:
Fizziks

Postby MimS » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:08 am

As some others, just don't feel the connection between your editing and the music
Plus, as one of the MF3 editors, I have to say this is pretty strange to see this music edited in such a different way ._.
I remember I was really disappointed that Eva 2.22 was released just after we finished the MEP haha. I was like "it's unfair T_T" and well...
I was hoping you'ld do what I couldn't since Oro told me about you making this vid. But you didn't, knowing I love M Drive (one of my favourite Eva vids), I'm disappointed by the final result : (

(And that audio cut at the end T_T)

Well, still cool to watch one more time Eva 2.22 scenes :awesome:
MimS
Baguette Master

Postby Infinity Squared » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:42 am

Haha... yeah... I didn't feel there was a need for anything else after that since all the main points of the movie have been covered. Anyway dude thanks for the comment, can't satisfy everyone and I'll just put this video on that basket as a personal taste one :P
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants

Postby Knowname » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:16 pm

Noice stuff Aussie (or Kiwi... whatever), I especially liked the second one, it made me smile :) the first one was good, but felt like 10 minutes :|
If you do not think so... you will DIE
Knowname

Postby Infinity Squared » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:52 pm

Last I heard around here I'm considered "Faussie" but thanks for watching :P
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants

Postby bladedude101 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:35 pm

The editing was okay and definitely an interesting match. I have to say I am highly disappointed in the song choice. I'm usually one of those "edit with whatever you want and screw the over-used hype) but it is kind of annoying to have a video released with a rather unique song such as this one when it was used so well not so long ago. I mean, I can't imagine you started on this before MF3 was released so to me you should of looked for another song. It was still not bad overall though good job.
Re-Evolution Studios plus Chiikaboom. We're taking our frickin' Cookies bitches!
bladedude101

Postby Infinity Squared » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:22 pm

Hey thanks. As I said on my description page, I did hear this song from MF3 and I know full well that it was fantastically used in that video and I was pretty much aware that I will get people who would get the same reaction as you as a consequence. I did have several other song choices in mind but you know how it can be when an idea is planted in one's mind... it's hard to get rid of (mmm, I'm feeling inceptioned :D).
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants

Next

Return to AMV Announcements