- Member: Parodic Productions
- Studio: Parodic Productions
- Title: The Meme Striker
- Premiered: 2014-08-05
- Carly Rae Jepsen Call Me Maybe
- Eduard Khil I Am Glad, Because I'm Finally Returning Back Home (Trololo)
- Family Force 5 Walk like a zombie
- Gotye Somebody That I Used To Know
- Imagine Dragons Radioactive
- Kyary Pamyu Pamyu PONPONPON
- Lady Gaga Bad Romance
- Larry the Cable Guy GIT-R-DONE
- Lonely Island I'm On a Boat
- Macross Frontier Nyan Nyan
- Miley Cyrus Wrecking Ball
- My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Smile
- Rick Astley Never Gonna Give You Up
- X-Men Series Theme
- Ylvis The Fox
- Amagami SS (TV)
- Attack on Titan (TV)
- Azumanga Daioh (TV)
- B Gata H Kei (TV)
- Cardcaptor Sakura: The Enchanted Card (1st Movie)
- Cowboy Bebop
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (TV)
- Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (TV)
- Is This a Zombie? (TV)
- Kurokami The Animation (TV)
- Macross Frontier (TV)
- MM! (TV)
- Naruto Shippuden (TV)
- Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Neon Genesis Evangelion: 2.0 You Can [Not] Advance (movie)
- Nyan Koi! (TV)
- Ouran High School Host Club (TV)
- Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (TV)
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica (TV)
- School Days (TV)
- Shiki (TV)
- Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann (TV)
- World God only knows, The (TV)
- X-Men (animated)
Let me try this again.
My newest video. This premiered at Otakon this year, but it didn't make the finals.
I actually went through the proper channels for deinterlacing my footage for once, but the 23.9etc fps sorta negated that in post production. Hindsight.
I've always wanted to create a Higurashi vid featuring anime's first killer loli Rena. Unless you count Gunslinger Girl. Anyway, i figured I'd finally found the opportunity with this piece.
Concept was apt, but some of the execution was a teeeeeeed bit off. Namely the X-Meme portion. I mostly just wanted an excuse to create a Call Me Magneto segment at the very end. At least I thought it was funny.
Word of advice: Never over-complicate plot in an AMV. Especially Comedy.
Lots of these segments were meant as light ribbing. A joke on a lot of the various memes out there and their often overuse as such memes are. The Call Me Maybe gags were especially made for a friend who got sick and tired of that song during Anime USA 2012. Which goes to show how far back I've thought of this. So I made this to purposely irritate the crap out of him, cause what are friends for? But none of this was ever intended as a sign of hate, but rather a faithful pastiche of other works over the recent years.
Except the PomPomPom part. I hate that Goddamn thing.
Anyway, best to not think too much about it. The vid was fun making, and I'm happy people got to enjoy it. But I think I'm gonna start broadening my scope beyond Comedy for a change. Maybe do some other vids to pass the time for next Otakon. Can't just be a one trick pony forever, right?
So enjoy the video and feel free to leave comments as you like. Looking forward to my future work.