Masika (Rain) - Now Available @ Local

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Locked
User avatar
Omikami_Amaterasu
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:58 am
Location: Valinor, The Undying Land
Contact:
Org Profile

Masika (Rain) - Now Available @ Local

Post by Omikami_Amaterasu » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:52 pm

My second AMV: Masika! :)
Image


External link on FileFront continues to fail the Org's link check, so after finishing some tweaks and refinements, the final version is now available via local! Enjoy everyone! Feedbacks welcome!
Last edited by Omikami_Amaterasu on Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Let knowledge and intellect guide our wisdom, so long as dreams and imagination guide our hearts - Image
My AMVs:Trinity Rising | Masika | BangBang

User avatar
Goketsu
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:08 pm
Location: Texas
Org Profile

Post by Goketsu » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:29 pm

hmm I shall watch this soon since I really liked your first amv ^^
Edit: scenes were chosen well anf the mood was rly nice
Last edited by Goketsu on Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Omikami_Amaterasu
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:58 am
Location: Valinor, The Undying Land
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by Omikami_Amaterasu » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:38 pm

Yay someone who liked Trinity Rising! ^_^ This one is very different, but I hope you'll like it too!
Let knowledge and intellect guide our wisdom, so long as dreams and imagination guide our hearts - Image
My AMVs:Trinity Rising | Masika | BangBang

User avatar
Goketsu
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:08 pm
Location: Texas
Org Profile

Post by Goketsu » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:41 pm

its hard to believe this is only your second amv I liked it alot :up:

User avatar
Omikami_Amaterasu
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:58 am
Location: Valinor, The Undying Land
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by Omikami_Amaterasu » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:20 pm

Goketsu wrote:its hard to believe this is only your second amv I liked it alot :up:
Heheh thanks! It's still a beta and I am still ironing out some things but the version you saw is close to completion.

Annnnd working on my third AMV already. xD
Let knowledge and intellect guide our wisdom, so long as dreams and imagination guide our hearts - Image
My AMVs:Trinity Rising | Masika | BangBang

User avatar
Omikami_Amaterasu
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:58 am
Location: Valinor, The Undying Land
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by Omikami_Amaterasu » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:37 am

Video now available @ local, enjoy everyone!
Let knowledge and intellect guide our wisdom, so long as dreams and imagination guide our hearts - Image
My AMVs:Trinity Rising | Masika | BangBang

User avatar
anime wardrone
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:47 pm
Org Profile

Post by anime wardrone » Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:33 am

Well done great syncing and scene use 8/10

User avatar
MusoukaProductions
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:08 am
Location: Korakuen Hall...
Org Profile

Post by MusoukaProductions » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:40 pm

I loved trinity rising and had no idea that was your first AMV :shock: Your videos are pretty simple, but the matching of the scenes/music and sync is just perfect which is what makes a good video in my opinion. Downloading this one :o

This one was also very good, but the ending seemed a bit random to me. You did a great job matching the scenes up until then, but I feel like the ending of this song isn't really connected to an epic battle scene, more like the end of a journey or something, coming upon something really epic. The faster battle scenes were a little off, might just be me though. Overall, I liked Trinity Rising more, but mostly because I liked the music more. Still a good AMV, gets a 4/5 from me.

User avatar
Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:52 am
Status: old
Location: Terra Australis
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:45 pm

<33

*more comments later when boss isn't hovering over shoulder*


*edits*
ok I haven't seen the series and so some things didn't make sense to me.
Interestingly where the fighting was happening I normally would have said that it destroys the flow and is too fast for the music... but it's strange it actually flowed

you did over filter it a bit btw tone down the deen? or smoother or somthing.
Last edited by Autraya on Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
new banzors in the making :p

User avatar
-MD
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:05 am
Status: (◕ω◕)
Location: Misery
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by -MD » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:06 pm

Oooo I like the poster! Must obey master :shock:

User avatar
Omikami_Amaterasu
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:58 am
Location: Valinor, The Undying Land
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by Omikami_Amaterasu » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:10 pm

MusoukaProductions wrote:I loved trinity rising and had no idea that was your first AMV :shock: Your videos are pretty simple, but the matching of the scenes/music and sync is just perfect which is what makes a good video in my opinion. Downloading this one :o

This one was also very good, but the ending seemed a bit random to me. You did a great job matching the scenes up until then, but I feel like the ending of this song isn't really connected to an epic battle scene, more like the end of a journey or something, coming upon something really epic. The faster battle scenes were a little off, might just be me though. Overall, I liked Trinity Rising more, but mostly because I liked the music more. Still a good AMV, gets a 4/5 from me.
I think when I made this video I made it with just one person in mind. :P She's the intended audience, so when I was done I looked at it and said, "Well, most people on the Org probably won't like this as much as my first, but that's ok". ^_^

I have a fast-paced AMV being wrapped up as we speak, so stay tuned! ;)
Autraya wrote:<33

*more comments later when boss isn't hovering over shoulder*
Hey you! Poke me if you see me online, I got a beta to show you. :P
Let knowledge and intellect guide our wisdom, so long as dreams and imagination guide our hearts - Image
My AMVs:Trinity Rising | Masika | BangBang

User avatar
Balaa
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:02 am
Location: Rivendell
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by Balaa » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:30 pm

*sneaks in and snugs with a smile*
<i>.Live.Love.Hope.Dream.</i>

User avatar
MusoukaProductions
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:08 am
Location: Korakuen Hall...
Org Profile

Post by MusoukaProductions » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:54 pm

Omikami_Amaterasu wrote:
MusoukaProductions wrote:I loved trinity rising and had no idea that was your first AMV :shock: Your videos are pretty simple, but the matching of the scenes/music and sync is just perfect which is what makes a good video in my opinion. Downloading this one :o

This one was also very good, but the ending seemed a bit random to me. You did a great job matching the scenes up until then, but I feel like the ending of this song isn't really connected to an epic battle scene, more like the end of a journey or something, coming upon something really epic. The faster battle scenes were a little off, might just be me though. Overall, I liked Trinity Rising more, but mostly because I liked the music more. Still a good AMV, gets a 4/5 from me.
I think when I made this video I made it with just one person in mind. :P She's the intended audience, so when I was done I looked at it and said, "Well, most people on the Org probably won't like this as much as my first, but that's ok". ^_^

I have a fast-paced AMV being wrapped up as we speak, so stay tuned! ;)
Autraya wrote:<33

*more comments later when boss isn't hovering over shoulder*
Hey you! Poke me if you see me online, I got a beta to show you. :P
It's still a very good video and I hope you stick around, really looking forward to what you create in the future. ;)

*starts anticipating the faster-paced AMV*

User avatar
rubyeye
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 1:45 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by rubyeye » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:24 pm

I'm really looking forward the the DVD release of this series. It's a relatively slow paced series punctuated by brief moments of action, so using Enya does feel appropriate, though showing those action scenes kind of breaks the mood for me. I'll admit, your editing is improving, but Trinity Rising still shines for me. Don't get me wrong, it's good and it's nice to see a Guardian of the Sacred Spirit AMV.

User avatar
Omikami_Amaterasu
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:58 am
Location: Valinor, The Undying Land
Contact:
Org Profile

Post by Omikami_Amaterasu » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:55 pm

Autraya wrote:<33
ok I haven't seen the series and so some things didn't make sense to me.
Interestingly where the fighting was happening I normally would have said that it destroys the flow and is too fast for the music... but it's strange it actually flowed

you did over filter it a bit btw tone down the deen? or smoother or somthing.
I think the Deen was set on 3,5,5, it was a very weak setting just to get rid of some of the fansub's encoding artifacts. I think the impression of over-filtering is the way the background art looks like patches of color - that's either the way the anime was actually painted or may be the stupid fansub group overfiltered it when they re-encoded with the hard-sub (yes they used hard sub for this one... it sucks... add that to the watermark... double suck... no more A-Kraze for me :( )
rubyeye wrote:I'm really looking forward the the DVD release of this series. It's a relatively slow paced series punctuated by brief moments of action, so using Enya does feel appropriate, though showing those action scenes kind of breaks the mood for me. I'll admit, your editing is improving, but Trinity Rising still shines for me. Don't get me wrong, it's good and it's nice to see a Guardian of the Sacred Spirit AMV.
I can't wait for the DVD too; the fansub versions available for download are all fairly crappy at this point. :/ And yeah I understand what you mean... xD I debated about taking out some fight scenes, especially the one where she turned into a tiger... reason I left it in there is because the person I made this for loves tigers. :P

Oh well, I'll eventually be doing more videos in similar fashion as Trinity Rising, for now I just want to try some different things I guess. ^_^ Don't want to always be cutting the same kind of stuffs (even if I suck at them) :)
Balaa wrote:*sneaks in and snugs with a smile*
OMGGGGGGGGZZZZZZZZZZZZZ *GLOMPS* :D
Let knowledge and intellect guide our wisdom, so long as dreams and imagination guide our hearts - Image
My AMVs:Trinity Rising | Masika | BangBang

Locked

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”