Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Garylisk
Org Profile

AMV Heaven - Join Thread

Post by Garylisk » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:25 pm

READ CAREFULLY!

AMV HEAVEN

OK, so, here's the deal...

Please, do not say anything about AMV Hell Ripoffs, because this ISN'T. I had this idea LONG before AMV Hell existed. However, it was NOT a MEP idea back then, nor did it have a title. The title, yes, is a nod to AMV Hell.

Basic premise
Have you ever had a song that was just absolutely PERFECT for an anime... but the problem is, only one part of the song was perfect, and the rest of the song just didn't work? Like, this one verse, or the main refrain, just work perfectly.. but you could NEVER make a full AMV to it. Now, we can.

Just like AMV Hell was bad, painful, and all-around torturous, AMV Heaven is the opposite. AMV Heaven is going to be full of GREAT AMVs that just can't quite span the whole song.

Don't think on terms of good and evil, though. AMV Heaven doesn't necessarally have to be all sappy, romantic, dramatic videos. At long as it's a great idea, you can fly with it.

This is a test run, read on

Basically, what I want to do with this, is make a short project. We need a few tracks to put together and see if the project will be interesting, or a snore. If it ends up being a good thing, we will be able to make AMV Heaven 2, which will be longer, though probably not as long as AMV Hell 3. :P

So, for right now...

I need 10 editors with awesome AMV ideas.

Each editor is to do one track. You can pick the audio, you can pick the video, but there are guidelines.

1. Video and Audio quality must be good! I don't care if you are using downloaded footage, but it needs to look good! No fansubs, please, unless you can avoid using scenes with subtitles.
2. No hentai. Nudity is allowed to an extent, but nothing sexual. Go by what you'd be able to put on the donut, and you'll be ok.
3. Same thing goes with overly graphic violence. Some is good, too much is not.
4. There is no time limit on your tracks, but honestly, if you're able to do a whole lot of the song, shouldn't you just be making a normal AMV instead of a track for this project? :P
5. Entries are to be submitted to me in a good quality format. HuffYUV, Quant 1 or 2 XviD, and registered Lossless MJPEG will all be accepted.
6. A deadline will be set once we have our 10 editors. That deadline needs to be met.

OK, that's about all I can think we would really need as far as guidelines.

Let's hop to it, folks! If you want in, just go ahead and sign up by replying to this thread.
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:51 pm

:O

How about I just send you a couple of betas I never will or could end.

I probably have 32 on hand alone dating back from '02.

TheFungus
Org Profile

Post by TheFungus » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:04 am

I'll join up. I've got a badass idea that I could talk to you about.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:38 am

Damn. I really wish I could join this. I need to get my technical stuff down better first. Oh well. Let's hope this goes well, and maybe I can be in a future project. Good luck to those who are participating.

- Jen

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:44 am

Pilk: Nice, talk to me on AIM or IRC sometime.

Fungus: Cool, get ahold of me on AIM or IRC and tell me about it :)

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:39 am

Only thing that could hold me back from this is the deadline but cause we are decieding on this together it might be cool ^^

btw are we talking 1 track asin only 1 song and 1 show or are we talking a period of time to do multieble parts? cause my brain is cracking with good short stuff that cant get out due to the lenght =)

doughboy
Org Profile

Post by doughboy » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:57 am

*signs up*

I've got one idea to roll with out the gate, and plenty of others I could try to remember if that one failed. :P

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:59 am

Niotex wrote:Only thing that could hold me back from this is the deadline but cause we are decieding on this together it might be cool ^^

btw are we talking 1 track asin only 1 song and 1 show or are we talking a period of time to do multieble parts? cause my brain is cracking with good short stuff that cant get out due to the lenght =)
Pick an awesome one for AMV Heaven, and if this does well, there shall be AMV Heaven 2, where you will not have a track limit.

If you have ideas that are absolutely burning at your brain, message me, and we'll see.

At this point, I might be doing 2 tracks myself...

Speaking of which, here's the two main ideas I am working with right now:

IDEA #1

Anime: Fruits Basket
Song: Tracy Bonham - Mother, Mother
Genre: Comedy

IDEA #2
Anime: Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Song: Institute - Bullet-Proof Skin
Genre: Drama/Downbeat

Ruan
Org Profile

Post by Ruan » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:38 am

I'm up for it. I have two songs that have useable lyrics that I've already matched to anime. One I almost certainly will never get around to using for an AMV - the song itself is waaaay too long normally, and has a lot of instrumental breaks as well.

Question though - are we doing only songs? Or are other sound bytes allowed - quotes from movies, and such?

RolltheStampede
Org Profile

Post by RolltheStampede » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:50 am

Im in
Newest Video:Cirque du Kaliedo
Video Pimpage Loves got to be there | Sungazing | 7 Seas of Enishi

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”