Results are posted below on the first page.
Thank you for continuing to support our contest, it really couldn't be done without the amazing AMV creators all around the world.
We're back for another year! Kita-Kon will be hosting an AMV contest at the convention August 21-23, 2015. You can find all of the rules and guidelines on the link posted above, but I will also include them here for easy viewing. Please use the form on our website to submit your entries. If you have any questions, please let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck to everyone who enters!
Contest submissions will be closed Friday August 14th, 2015, at 11:59pm EST. Contest winners will be announced by September 1st, 2015.
- Action & Adventure
- Comedy, Parody, & Trailers
- Romance & Drama
- Upbeat & Dance
- A maximum of three (3) entries, one (1) per category, is allowed per person.
- Multi-Editor Projects are eligible for entry, as long as you include all of the editors information.
- You do not need to be in attendance to submit a video to the contest or to win a category.
- Submitted AMVs must have been premiered between August 1st, 2014, and the convention date to qualify.
- Submissions that have premiered at other conventions, or that have won awards, are permitted.
- Videos must be longer than one (1) minute and shorter than eight (8) minutes in length.
- There must be at least (1) second of black buffer time at the beginning and end of the video.
- Title & end cards must be removed from the video file, we will be providing our own for each video at the show.
- Submitted AMVs must have a minimum of 75% Japanese animation or video game footage to qualify.
- Videos must not contain subtitled footage.
- Keep it PG-13! No nudity, excessive violence, or excessive swearing. Use common sense please...
- Video files must be submitted in the following containers only; .avi, .mp4, & .mkv.
- Resolutions must be at or above 800×600 (4:3) or 1280×720 (16:9).
- Framerates must be 29.97fps or above.
- Audio quality must be at a bitrate of 128kbps or greater and a sampling rate of 44.1k or greater.
- .mp3, .aac, and other compressed audio formats are permitted.
- We will not accept Youtube or any other video streaming links as a submission. Please use one of the following services to give us access to your files; Dropbox, Google Drive, Mega, AMV, or Personal Hosting.
- Please format the file name as follows: "amvtitle_alias.extension"
- Each category will be judged twice, first by a group of selected judges, and second by fans at the event.
- Judges will mark each video on a number of different qualities, such as; content, story, timing, effects, and impact. First place winners in each category will receive a plaque, with the overall best in show receiving a trophy.
- Fans will have one vote per video out of ten. Fan voted videos will not receive a physical trophy, but will receive bragging rights for the year.
Winners will be mailed a plaque or trophy once scores have been finalized.