Struggling with choosing between 2 or 3 songs for AMV

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
ultimateX021
Org Profile

Struggling with choosing between 2 or 3 songs for AMV

Post by ultimateX021 » Mon May 17, 2010 2:48 pm

Hi.

I don't know if this is the right forum to talk about this, but I don't know which songs to use for my amv. My concept is taken from an anime. I am listening to several songs to see if they fit the theme. I found 2 or 3 songs that do. I've listened to a few more on the side only to end up having a little more songs to consider. After going through this, I've found a few songs that fit my theme, but don't know which one to choose. They both sound good enough to fit my theme.

Has anybody ever gone through this struggle? if so, how did you overcome it? Any advice or suggestions?
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Re: Struggling with choosing between 2 or 3 songs for AMV

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Mon May 17, 2010 4:50 pm

If they're all pretty much equal, I'd go with the shortest one in most cases, as long as it leaves you enough time to complete the concept. If they're mostly equal in length as well, I'd go with whichever has the most consistent drum section, because it helps anchor whatever editing style you go for. Other than that, draw out of a hat?
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Return to “General Discussion”