Shoujocon 2002 Party!!

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
Silvercat
Org Profile

Post by Silvercat » Sat Jul 13, 2002 5:04 am

Oh and that's 2 PM Arizona time, so you people back east have till later in the day to give me that precious info. :wink:

And I could still try on the 14 or after that to get a room. The people at Shoujocon seem really cool. So it would be worth a shot. :)

Ooh, why did I drink that soda an couple of hours ago, JUST because I was craving the taste. :P Now I have caffeine in me and need to get to sleep. ^^;
But, I have so much energy I don't care! :D

:shock: HYPER CAT!!! :shock:
Silvercat

"Semi-good always triumphs over evil!" Digimon

MeriC
Org Profile

Re: Shoujo-con

Post by MeriC » Sat Jul 13, 2002 9:45 am

anneke wrote:Well I'll be able to recongize Scott so I'll be hanging out with him. I may be able to recongize MeriC. Otherwise I believe on Saturday I'll be Utena in Pajamas, so look for the Pink Haired girl in Blue Pajamas, carrying around a ChuChu on a stick.

Anneke
p.s. Scott hope I forget the ChuChu, because it will seriously hurt, it's put together mainly with stick pins. <Grin>
heheh, that sounds like a fun costume! I haven't seen any Utena pajama outfits yet. There's always *tons* of regular Utena-type costumes at Shoujocon, though, so it'll be cool to see something else.
Scott A Melzer wrote:As far as 'tech goes, we might be okay in that area. Jon and I are running the Shoujocon AMV panel (not a workshop as the schedule would have you believe! We don't have 20 computers for people to work at!) so we will probably have VCRs and computers there.
Aww, you always forget me and Mike. :P I know I'm just the token chick on the panel, but c'mon man!

ps- j/k

Sooooo, we gonna try to get the panel switched?
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

Scott A Melzer
Org Profile

Post by Scott A Melzer » Sat Jul 13, 2002 9:32 pm

Jon's trying to get the panel times changed to something sane. Otherwise, we've got a big problem in that our moderator has to work at the time that they've got us scheduled. *sigh*

Here's what we need for the clubhouse:

We need pre-registered people to write to Silvercat and give your registration info. Apparently, they need the pre-reg number or it won't work. As ALL of us on the panel aren't pre-regged (something weird about being panelists), we need YOU guys to help us out. So, if you are pre-regged for Shoujocon (hell, even if you don't want to come to the party!) please let 'cat know your info. We need to grab the time now, before someone else does.

Peace out, and bring CDs!!!

Silvercat
Org Profile

Post by Silvercat » Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:02 pm

Well no one else sent me their info. :(
So, no clubhouse.
I guess we will just have to figure out when we get there where we going to hang out.
Silvercat

"Semi-good always triumphs over evil!" Digimon

Yosho
Org Profile

Post by Yosho » Tue Jul 16, 2002 8:46 am

damn...
And that clubhouse sounded like a really good idea...

Fungie½
Org Profile

Party

Post by Fungie½ » Tue Jul 16, 2002 6:41 pm

I'm BACK FROM CALIFRONIA!!!!

Hey, for all those who entered into the contest, I wanna ask you guys something.

For all those who entered:
I know that the contest will make everyone a little stressed (including myself) so do you guys wanna hang out in the pool? I think it'd be a lot of fun.

For those who want the party:
I've got a hotel room, but I dunno if I can have a party there, as someone is crashing with me. I'll have to ask her.

MeriC: OMG I am so pissed you didn't make it into the Otakon contest. You really deserved it. Maybe you'll get lucky at Shoujocon 2002 :D :D

Again, good luck to all who entered.

MeriC
Org Profile

Post by MeriC » Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:13 am

I dunno if anyone has posted this anywhere but...

The Shoujocon AMV panel has now been moved to Saturday at noon. This means people that would not have been able to make the panel, had it been on Friday, can now attend!
New AMVs: DQCF+P (various Street Fighter) | One Guitar (BECK) | Please Don't Make Me Cry (Paradise Kiss)

turboneko
Org Profile

Post by turboneko » Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:59 pm

The Shoujocon AMV panel has now been moved to Saturday at noon. This means people that would not have been able to make the panel, had it been on Friday, can now attend!
Now, this is what I call great news :D
You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Scott A Melzer
Org Profile

Post by Scott A Melzer » Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:46 am

Yeah, definately. The original time was Friday at 5:00pm. Not only was this right before the contest (which I think is kind of bad form to have people discussing AMVs before you go and vote on them!), but our moderator has to work until 5:00pm, so he'd miss it!

I'm SO happy with the new set up. It also means that we only have to bring our equipment one day. :)

As I'm waking up for the con in 5 hours and 14 minutes, I'd better get to sleep!

See you all there!

Fungie½
Org Profile

Plan

Post by Fungie½ » Fri Jul 19, 2002 8:42 am

Everyone meet up infront of the room where the contest is at 6:30. That way we can get in line and work out something for a party, k? Can't wait to see you all there!!

~Daniel

Return to “Anime Conventions”