Otakon 2002 AMV Creators The Gathering

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:49 pm

dokidoki wrote:If you mean room/audience size wise... not in my experience. The first one has usually been early on Friday (early relative to when I get there :P) second late Friday, and third on Saturday
Hmm... I remember getting there last year around noon, and the AMV contest was getting ready to begin sometime around 1:00 pm. As far as I remember, it was downstairs in the large room (I don't remember the name of the room... wasn't it going as a video room, back then?). The audience for that was extremely large, and it seemed like the "main" showing of the contest. Was that the first showing of the day, or was there one before that I just didn't make it for?

Obviously, I (and probably most other people) would rather attend "the big one" (in terms of audience) if we had to make a choice. Late night doesn't seem like a prime time for a huge crowd (or maybe it is... I dunno).

Hell, we'll probably just spend the whole weekend watching music videos... heh....
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:23 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Hmm... I remember getting there last year around noon, and the AMV contest was getting ready to begin sometime around 1:00 pm. As far as I remember, it was downstairs in the large room (I don't remember the name of the room... wasn't it going as a video room, back then?). The audience for that was extremely large, and it seemed like the "main" showing of the contest. Was that the first showing of the day, or was there one before that I just didn't make it for?
I think the times/places this year (contest screening) are rather similar to last year's, so yes, that would have been the first showing of the day. I don't think I made it to that showing, but wasn't it in the same room as the third showing, like this year? I'd have to check my program from last year if I still have it somewhere.
VegettoEX wrote:Obviously, I (and probably most other people) would rather attend "the big one" (in terms of audience) if we had to make a choice. Late night doesn't seem like a prime time for a huge crowd (or maybe it is... I dunno).
Well, I'm guessing that the ballroom is much bigger than Video 2 :) if the "room hierarchy" is anything like last year.
And if it's like last year, the second AMV contest screening is right after MAT3K, which is a big event. Some left after MAT3K, but others arrived. I'm not sure how many thousand there were.

Scott A Melzer
Org Profile

Post by Scott A Melzer » Thu Jul 25, 2002 7:03 pm

Just want to put in one thing:

The AMV contest used to be ONLY midnight on Friday! It used to run until 2:30am. So, there being three showings is pretty amazing. They also don't want to have it rediculously packed like the cosplay or something, and they want as many people to vote. Also, if you want a second look at any particular video or category, then you've got the chance to do it now.

I think it's an awesome schedule, and it really shows that Otakon cares very much about the creators, and about making the best AMV show that they can.

I'm also really happy about all the fan parodies that are being shown. Including ours *plug* *plug* *plug*

Well, it's really really really soon! I'll see you all there!!!!!

KenShimazu
Org Profile

Post by KenShimazu » Fri Jul 26, 2002 4:13 am

....yet another regret about coming to japan....won't be able to goto Otakon this year....god dang it....

Drink one for me ya'lls ^^

Ken
"WOW THIS IS A GREAT VIEW!!" says I
"Yeah just don't trip..." says he
"Don't...AH crap!!!" says I as i roll down MT Fuji....

Return to “Anime Conventions”