Otakon 2002 AMV Creators The Gathering

Convention Meetups, Socials, and Events
Forum rules
If posting about a specific convention, please mention the year along with its name in the title.
mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:41 pm

hmmm thats right......hmmmm....maybe pick up some jolt.....oh yeah....i'll be walking around with a bag with a CIA patch on it at the con to hold my goodies as well as my badge.....and yes.....i did work for the CIA.
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:45 pm

mckeed wrote:and yes.....i did work for the CIA.
I can vouch for him. He owns a CIA shot glass and everything.

mckeed
Org Profile

Post by mckeed » Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:58 pm

you forgot my CIA issue zippo :)
"People can not gain anything without putting forth any effort. That is the absolute Truth" - Dante, Full Metal Alchemist

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:11 am

I said "and everything," didn't I?

Scott A Melzer
Org Profile

Post by Scott A Melzer » Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:16 am

Waaaaaaaahhh!!!!

I'm not going to be there on Thursday. I'll miss all the Thursday fun. :(

So, we're having a party in my room on Saturday? Um... Okay... I'll try to sort that out. I'm just worried about WHEN. There are SO many things going on! I obviously can't miss MAT3K (definately go if you can!) friday at 9:00pm. Then the first showing of our parody will be at 11:00pm (hope MAT3K doesn't flow over!!!). Our second showing is midnight, Saturday. I'll probably want to be at the cosplay, like pretty much everyone.

I don't have a room number or anything yet, so how would I get the news out to everyone? At the panel would probably be the best place. I also wouldn't mind making it more public. Should I announce it at the panel? I wouldn't mind if a few "fans" and newbies came up to ask us questions about our work. I'm all for trying to help out fellow Otaku.

Peace out. I'll see you all there!!!!!

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:36 am

Scott A Melzer wrote:Waaaaaaaahhh!!!!

I obviously can't miss MAT3K (definately go if you can!) friday at 9:00pm. Then the first showing of our parody will be at 11:00pm (hope MAT3K doesn't flow over!!!). Our second showing is midnight, Saturday. I'll probably want to be at the cosplay, like pretty much everyone.

Scott, Isn't the main events room screening of the AMV contest Friday night at 11:30? That would mean the parody is shown at about the same time and I will be at the AMV scrrening them for sure....
Too bad about the Thursday thing though, I guess we'll just have to have a fun time without you...

Vlad

Vlad

Scott A Melzer
Org Profile

Post by Scott A Melzer » Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:48 am

Yeah, it's at the same time as the main events AMV contest screening. *sigh* But, the contest is also being shown Friday at 1:00pm, and again on Saturday. There will also be two showings of our parody. The second will be Saturday at midnight. Also, if we go on at 11:00pm and the AMV contest isn't until 11:30pm, then I'll only miss the first half hour (which is, unfortunately, my favourite category!!!!!) and I can join everyone else.

So, hopefully you'll get a chance to come see it sometime at the con. I value your opinion highly, Vlad. :)

Peace.

mckeed
Org Profile

hey milfeulle_nyo

Post by mckeed » Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:49 am

i am leaving right now for bmore, but i just wanted to make sure that you were bringing a rice cooker, milfeulle_nyo, as the sushi party depends on it. If you see this give me a call and leave me a message on my cell 518-210-1014

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 25, 2002 11:59 am

I'm looking at the only schedule I see available on the site (http://www.otakon.com/schedule.html), and I only see an AMV contest screening (in the main events room) at 11:30 pm on Friday. I would assume that they're going to play the contest more than once... but...

It also seems like the four overflow screenings (and this is being inferred by the e-mail Matt sent) all contain music videos that are ALSO in the main contest. I can't imagine not only the contest being screened once, the four overflows being shown, and then MORE screenings of the main contest... that's just a LOT of video time!

If the AMV contest and the first showing of the parody are at about the same time, I'll be going to the AMV contest. The FIRST showing of the AMV contest is always the "big one" (so to speak), and if the first one is Friday at 11:30 pm, that's it. I'm seeing mentions of it being shown Friday at 1:00 pm... but I'm not seeing that anywhere on the site...
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:37 pm

VegettoEX wrote:It also seems like the four overflow screenings (and this is being inferred by the e-mail Matt sent) all contain music videos that are ALSO in the main contest.
Yes. It made things easier on them. They can assemble the screening tapes earlier if they don't have to wait to find out which ones (in the contest) to exclude. (I guess you read this, but for the information of those who didn't get the email)
VegettoEX wrote:If the AMV contest and the first showing of the parody are at about the same time, I'll be going to the AMV contest. The FIRST showing of the AMV contest is always the "big one" (so to speak),
If you mean room/audience size wise... not in my experience. The first one has usually been early on Friday (early relative to when I get there :P) second late Friday, and third on Saturday. Here are the times from Matt's emails. Note the locations. (I'd recommend double-checking at the con, but I figure there are still people doing before-con planning)

Otakon 2002 Anime Music Video Contest will be shown at the con 3 times:

Friday - 1:00 PM 1st Flr (Video 2)
Friday - 11:00 PM 4th Flr Ballroom
Saturday - 1:00 PM 1st Flr (Video 2)

FRIDAY, 2002/07/26

09:00 AM - Otakon 2002 AMV Screening Tape 4 of 4 (2002, 118 min)
11:30 AM - Otakon 2002 AMV Screening Tape 1 of 4 (2002, 107 min)
1:30 PM - Otakon 2002 AMV Screening Tape 2 of 4 (2002, 81 min)
3:00 PM - Otakon 2002 AMV Screening Tape 3 of 4 (2002, 93 min)

SATURDAY, 2002/07/27

09:00 AM - Otakon 2002 AMV Screening Tape 3 of 4 (2002, 93 min)
11:00 AM - Otakon 2002 AMV Screening Tape 2 of 4 (2002, 81 min)
2:00 PM - Otakon 2002 AMV Screening Tape 1 of 4 (2002, 107 min)
4:00 PM - Otakon 2002 AMV Screening Tape 4 of 4 (2002, 120 min)

Return to “Anime Conventions”