Free OPS to AMVs that intrigue me

Feedback on betas & works in progress

Moderator: Forum moderators

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Free OPS to AMVs that intrigue me

Post by Kisanzi » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:42 pm

This free op exchange is a little different. I'll be leaving OPs on vids that I feel I have something to critique. I've been looking for vids that may inspire or intrigue me and this is one option that I haven't tried yet. So any vids that really don't interest me or if don't think I can say anything constructive then I will NOT leave an OP. But if it does interest or intrigue me then I'll leave a detailed OP for ya. I usually write around 300 - 400 words OPs so they should be helpful.

Some rules for this free OP offer:

- This offer is at my discretion does not guarantee every vid an automatic free opinion.

- Don't expect all 10 scores because my OPs are going to be constructive, helpful and honest. I always explain my scoring and try to be as supportive as possible even if the scores aren't always high.

- I apologize but I will be very unlikely to OP vids using the sources: Naruto, DBZ, FF: Advent Children or FMA. I tend to like the more obscure sources and don't really want to watch multiple vids using the same sources over and over.

- Be sure to specify which AMV you'd like me to OP and leave a link to your vid and only 1 AMV per editor please.

- This exchange is open to anyone that meets the above criteria and can be cutoff whenever I feel like closing it.

So show me something that will catch my interest or inspire me!

Malificus
Dr. Malpractice
Org Profile

Post by Malificus » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:55 pm

Here's my vid: I see the Demons

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:16 pm

That depends, what interests you?

Drama, comedy, character profiles? Something that touch the depths of the soul or something that will make you piss yourself laughing?

What kind of videos do you consider interesting? Or just something that hasn't been done before?

I'm curious before I post a link.
¯\(°_o)/¯

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:29 pm

No real category or stylecriteria, just something that was well made or effort was put forth. Basically a vid that I would look at and see that the creator was trying for something be that comedy, action, drama...whatever. That's why I said I'll only OP the vids that I feel like I have something contructive to analyze. So if it doesn't appeal to me for any reason like effort, source, style, music...then you don't have to worry about getting a negative or obligatory OP for it.

It's a free OP offer so even if I don't OP the vid then you have nothing to lose.

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:42 pm

Alright, I see what you mean.

By looking at your profile I see you like S-CRY-ed, I think this video of mine is the best choice. I worked pretty hard on this, trying new things, and I think it's one of my best, the only bad part of it is some flawed lip synching towards the end, but that's only because I'm new at it.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=118442
¯\(°_o)/¯

RaharuStudios
Org Profile

Post by RaharuStudios » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:02 pm

Well, this my most obscure vid I think ^^U. I hope it make to the op phase :P.
Thanks, anyway, for taking a look.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=88052

RanChan13
Org Profile

Post by RanChan13 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:47 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=119063

This one might be worth a shot, need ops anyways
I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood
I have created over a thousand blades
Unknown to Death
Nor known to Life
Have withstood pain to create many weapons
Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as I pray, unlimited blade works.

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:54 pm

Malificus - Props for using Jing. I left you a QC with my thoughts.

Cornwiggle - Nice premise theming the vid after such an unappreciated character. I also left a QC with what I thought.

Raharu - Pretty trippy vid. You had a good grasp on your ideas but there a few things I pointed out in my QC.

Well, these vids were interesting but they didn't connect with me enough to give me alot to discuss for an OP. Even if I don't leave an opinion I'll make sure to leave my thoughts in a QC so that you get a little input from me. Now keep them coming and thanks to everyone for showing me their vids thus far.

RaharuStudios
Org Profile

Post by RaharuStudios » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:10 pm

I'll keep your tips for the next time. The true is that I had troubles with encoding, and I think the timing in the final version is not what i'd made on the editing line :/. I know, though, that I've have to improve my editing skills also (and find a better encoder xD)

Thanks a lot for your QC (larger than some ops, though ;)

Quiet Cannon
Org Profile

Post by Quiet Cannon » Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:30 pm

Well I don't know if you would find this video interesting. It's just another action trailer. If you have any comments, they would be much appreciated. If not, I could still use the download (this sometimes goes weeks at a time without a hit).
Final Doom
Final Doom "Amazing things will happen here soon."

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Substance "Everyone knows that it's a dangerous substance."

Return to “Works in Progress”