[DZ Studios] The World Out There

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

[DZ Studios] The World Out There

Post by dreamawake » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:36 pm

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Re: [DZ Studios] The World Out There

Post by LittleAtari » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:37 pm

To be honest, I thought the video sucked.

YOUR VISUAL BALANCE. Ok let me actually watch this now
Last edited by LittleAtari on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:38 pm

About fucking time.

EDIT:
I've seen more AC videos than I can possibly count, and yet people are STILL making completely original videos with it. I don't know quite what it is about this video that I love so much - the beautiful use of color to set the atmosphere, the really chill, relaxed editing and pacing, the scene selection, the feeling I get from watching it - it all blends so well to make, to be perfectly frank, one of the best videos (if not THE best) I've seen all year. You can take that however you want - if I'm going to be honest, I haven't watched very many videos this year - but if the editing trends I've observed tell me anything, this video would be one of my favorites anyway.

Everyone else needs to take note. This is how you take something old and make it new again.

You get an enthusiastic 5/5 from me guys. Fantastic work.
Last edited by CrackTheSky on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:49 pm

This video was very strong in a few places and unbelievably weak in others; it was weird to see on and off horrible editing next to great editing. I'm not saying one person dragged this down either so don't take it that way. It just felt like there were moments where you captured the song really well, and others where I went "Wait, why the hell are they using this song again?" Some of the editing didn't really match the effects works either. Glow and blur overlays mixed with black flashes is about as pleasant as eating vanilla ice cream with pieces of steak in it: both are good but when you mix them together it's a little disgusting.

Overall I really wish this had more polish to it than it did. Some of the effects worked for some scenes and in others it felt really out of place. Instead of going through and manually correcting those scenes it felt like you just left the overlay effect on the entire time. Your dark mask around the edges also seemed to have an unintended effect on your part; whenever there was a glow, it'd be a box of glow in the center of the screen, almost a perfect rectangle at times. Even if it's intentionally done it doesn't change the fact that it looks pretty disgusting. The transition into the use of color corrected scenes towards the beginning wasn't really smooth at all either. One second it's gray and washed out footage, the next we've got a Listerine filter all over everything.

That being said the end result is a mixed bag of great editing and awful editing. 3.5/5 from me. Rap doesn't work all that excellent with Final Fantasy AC and unfortunately for you guys I HAVE seen it done before, and better.
*sips tea*

LeapofFate
The Madvillain
Org Profile

Post by LeapofFate » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:52 pm

I like your interpretation on how the song should be edited.
I totally enjoyed the atmosphere. I also felt like the color corrections really brought the atmosphere out more.
The only thing I had trouble with was that the overlay felt odd in some places.

Anyways, good job guys

4/5 :up:

LittleAtari
Call Me Moneybagz
Org Profile

Post by LittleAtari » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:12 am

Overall, I gotta agree with Reda on this, except that I did feel that it was generally week in most parts. The video just felt way too consistent that it couldnt keep me interested. I'll keep this on my HD and see if it I like it more when I can give it more attention.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:22 am

I liked the blurs and border but the vid didn't work for me. The action scenes with rap were very disjointed, couldn't feel any connection in the scene dynamics and rythmn of the music there, but some of the lyric synch was ok I guess =\ The start was too slow for the rap song too. 2.5/5

Also ^ think you mean *inconsistent? =P

PaperIsland
Org Profile

Post by PaperIsland » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:30 am

Really good.

Nice color correction, nice flow, nice mood.

I think the only thing holding it back from the top shelf is that the song doesn't really climax, so the video doesn't really climax.

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:52 am

Eh, wasn't crazy about it... I agree with everyone else overall.

Orestes
Org Profile

Post by Orestes » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:35 am

Meh I'll watch later, but I do wanna see this.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”