Comfortably Numb in 2977 AD (Captain Harlock AMV)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
animefan1
Org Profile

Comfortably Numb in 2977 AD (Captain Harlock AMV)

Post by animefan1 » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:52 pm

This is something that I had actually wanted to make sooner, and debut it in this year’s AWA Accolades in fact! But as they say, life happens. And this year in particular, because, as I’m sure most of you aware of, both Leiji Matsumoto and Jim Kaposztas passed away this past February (within a week or two of each other in fact :shock: ) Also the fact that Jim Kaposztas was a staff member at Derpycon last year as was I, and I even got to talk with him a bit. So as I’m sure you can understand, I really, really wanted to make something like this for this year! And while I didn’t make it in time for AWA, I at least wanted to make it before the year was out. So at least I was able to do that!

And I chose classic rock for the music for two reasons, one I really like classic rock and that was part of the reason why I finished my Gurren Lagann AMV as well. And two, it comes from the same era that the source footage is from, so I thought that it would be appropriate for this.

Shenanicon AMV Showcase Staff (2024- )(https://shenanicon.com)

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man HOW to fish and you feed him for life."
-Lao Tzu via Mr. White (Tenkai Knights)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”