Kimi no Na wa | Hello shooting star(acoustic) AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Sir_Wolf66
Org Profile

Kimi no Na wa | Hello shooting star(acoustic) AMV

Post by Sir_Wolf66 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:51 am

This is my first AMV, so any feedback and thoughts are appreciated :3

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Re: Kimi no Na wa | Hello shooting star(acoustic) AMV

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed May 06, 2020 2:21 pm

Sir_Wolf66 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:51 am

This is my first AMV, so any feedback and thoughts are appreciated :3
I enjoyed this! The scene selection here was a lot different from what I'm used to seeing out of Your Name videos...where those typically build towards some huge, bombastic emotional climax this one felt a lot more muted and focused on more of the "slice of life" elements of the movie, and I appreciated your restraint in refusing to use a lot of the "bigger" scenes and moments from the movie. I also liked the simple and rhythmic cuts throughout -- there was nothing fancy about really anything in this video, but there really didn't need to be. You told your story and that's all I really want out of something like this. Really the only thing I would say could be changed would be the ending -- a fade or even cut to black would have been slightly more effective than just letting the video end on the clip it did, but that's relatively minor.

Overall, this is very good for a first video! :up:

seasons
Org Profile

Re: Kimi no Na wa | Hello shooting star(acoustic) AMV

Post by seasons » Thu May 21, 2020 11:37 am

This has a very different flavor from most Your Name AMVs and certainly doesn't resemble the AMV that 90% of most editors make (or set out to make) in their first effort.

The first two minutes or so felt a little random and a little too loose... but I think this really gave you a lot of room to progressively tighten things up as it plays out and that's really what sucked me into it and won me over in the second half.

I really love how you switch up the pacing throughout this video, to have that kind of intuition right out of the gate is really something.

I hope you continue editing! This was really good.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”