Do you feel it? [Evangelion 1.11, 2.22 amv]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SaltAMV
Org Profile

Do you feel it? [Evangelion 1.11, 2.22 amv]

Post by SaltAMV » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:38 pm

This was made for an IC over the weekend. It was my first time participating in an IC and it was equally exciting and exhausting haha!

I have a lot to say about this video even though it was made without much planning considering it's circumstances. First off, i'm glad i was even able to finish the video. Lately I've been having difficulties with finishing projects and it's gotten me down a little. I stuck to it though and i'll pat myself on the back for that. Next up, the emotional aspect of the video. This is something i think of a lot when making my amv's because it's important to me that i can convey the feelings i find when i listen to a song. And i guess this ties into my first point of not being able to finish projects because i find myself losing focus. Often i'll re watch one of my older videos and think about what others have found in them. I ask myself that question because having worked on the project and listened to the song repeatedly sometimes numbs you to the bigger picture. Reading this last part back i feel like i dug myself into a hole but i guess it's good to put these things to words. Maybe what i'm trying to convey doesn't come through and I've come to understand that it's really a special thing for others to come up with their own interpretations regardless of what they may be.

So, what is the point of this amv emotionally speaking? I like the lyrics "Do you feel that i can see your soul?" I think it's very powerful idea. I'm not good at putting my thoughts to words though so i'll leave it at that. Evangelion is always a fun series to work with too. I've watched so many eva amv's but it never seems to get old.

Other than that ramble, I took inspiration from Silent Hero Studios, mostly their use of the fade ins and outs that i found pretty captivating (specifically their "Found in the FRANXX" amv). Kind of a strange thing to say but it's true.

Thanks for checking this out and I hope you enjoy the video!
meaning less fizzles

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Do you feel it? [Evangelion 1.11, 2.22 amv]

Post by Kireblue » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:24 pm

This felt unlike any Evangelion video I've ever seen. You did a great job at not only syncing this, but also matching the emotion and mood of the song. I was honestly surprised at how the good your song and anime combo worked despite not having any obvious connections between them. Can you add a download link for this? I'd love to add this video to my archive.

SaltAMV
Org Profile

Post by SaltAMV » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:40 pm

Kireblue wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:24 pm
This felt unlike any Evangelion video I've ever seen. You did a great job at not only syncing this, but also matching the emotion and mood of the song. I was honestly surprised at how the good your song and anime combo worked despite not having any obvious connections between them. Can you add a download link for this? I'd love to add this video to my archive.
Thank you for the compliments! oh and also thanks for reminding me to upload it to the org. It should be ready to download now
meaning less fizzles

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:30 am

I would never have guessed this was an IC/IE video, it feels like a fully-fleshed put idea made with care and time and not something you had to keep one eye on the clock while making. Really good!

SaltAMV
Org Profile

Post by SaltAMV » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:02 am

seasons wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:30 am
I would never have guessed this was an IC/IE video, it feels like a fully-fleshed put idea made with care and time and not something you had to keep one eye on the clock while making. Really good!
Thanks! I worked hard to get in a story to match the song and evas themes but i can assure you i was stressing a little by the end haha i'm really happy with how it turned out
meaning less fizzles

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:07 am

I'm sure this will end up somewhere on my Best AMVs of 2019 list so I'll say more about it there, but suffice it to say that I really enjoyed this, and I think you knocked the mood in this out of the park. Very good job!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”