The Atlas Syndrome

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
KazKon
Org Profile

The Atlas Syndrome

Post by KazKon » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:09 pm

As for "The Witchtrip" I will not say much about this new one;
I always try to put a lot of personality in my videos,
and i can describe "The Atlas Syndrome" like a strange amv for a strange period of my life

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: The Atlas Syndrome

Post by Kireblue » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:03 am

The effects were pretty sweet, but I couldn't even begin to describe what was happening in this video :asd:
KazKon wrote: and i can describe "The Atlas Syndrome" like a strange amv for a strange period of my life
.....try not to overdose :uhoh:

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:25 am

too much lsd. Pretty amusing vid i guess.
Still better than that MMO.

jt_x
Org Profile

Post by jt_x » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:00 pm

this was really enjoyable. dat drum syncing :up:

Anime_Queeny69
Org Profile

Post by Anime_Queeny69 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:30 am

Wow I really liked your AMV - it was trippy and creative. Your personality must be unique and interesting to come up with this :) Great work!
The simple pleasures in my life...is the fact that there is anime in this world!

jt_x
Org Profile

Post by jt_x » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:42 am

Anime_Queeny69 wrote:[...] Your personality must be unique and interesting to come up with this :) Great work!
those are some strong words to describe a junky :asd:

btw you should post this to reddit's woahdude I'm sure they'll enjoy it.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:05 pm

I tend to like surreal videos like this, but this one didn't do much for me -- I really wish there had been more things that held the scene selection together, 'cause as it stands it just looks like a jumble of unrelated stuff happening all at once. Which may have been the entire point, in which case, I'm not a fan of the concept :P I will say that this has a bunch of neat ideas in it, at least visually, and they tend to work more often than not, and while some of the effects are horribly stock and ugly, effects-wise I tended to enjoy what was happening onscreen.

Not bad, really, just...too unfocused for me.

KazKon
Org Profile

Post by KazKon » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:46 am

Oh no problem man, your comment is absolutely valid. I wanted this video to be spontaneous, and I knew that many would find it confused. Some Italian guys asked me explanations for certain scenes, others liked it, others were simply confused, but actually I am glad to see conflicting opinions about this amv; what I hoped was to let to the viewer something after watching this, it doesn't matter if they understand everything or not. So, It's more a matter of feeling, although I know exactly why I chose these scenes ;) but that's ok.

And for the effects I agree with you, some are rough because I wanted them to be so, but for the others it is true, I would have to clean them better, I know

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:37 pm

This didn't amaze me, and when it comes to this kind of AMV, that's kind of like the worst thing you can possibly say about it because it's hard to ask for anything more ambitious and fun and unexpected than what's on the screen here. There's some intangible value I need from this kind of AMV that I had trouble finding here. And yet, I'm really glad that this exists and I think I'll come back to it in a few months and it'll be just what I'm looking for. I mean, Ithink I need to be in a different state of mind or at least just not watching this on a break in the middle of the afternoon.

It's crazy that a band did a cover of this song and that someone made an AMV out of it.

jt_x
Org Profile

Post by jt_x » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:16 am

^ or maybe you just need to get high to enjoy it :lol:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”