Have I Found A Way?

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:34 am

SnhKnives wrote:the thing is man, in the org its survival of the fittest. You have to be active and make a name for yourself. It seems harsh but its something I had to do.

you got talent, keep it up and become great
Everyone knows what your doing, and not to many people appreciate it.

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:44 am

Beowulf wrote:
SnhKnives wrote:the thing is man, in the org its survival of the fittest. You have to be active and make a name for yourself. It seems harsh but its something I had to do.

you got talent, keep it up and become great
Everyone knows what your doing, and not to many people appreciate it.
oh whatever you love it Beo :P (he hates my "effectsy techno-pop AMVs, whatever the fuck that means")

The fact that after I posted that comment in this thread and then all of a sudden an influx of posts came in shows that you care about the comments I posts. Either in a good way or a bad way.

I am not saying you have to do alot of ass kissing, I am not saying you have to be a sell out.

I didnt do any of these things, I never cared about having a bajillion opinions, I never cared about having a video thats everyone knew like Euphoria. All I wanted was to be known and befriended in the community.

this is an AMV COMMUNITY. Which means its a social group. Which means there are PEOPLE in the community. I wanted to get to KNOW these people.

When I said its survival of the fittest, that means if you dont talk to people, and dont have people to support you, then its less likely for your video to get attention. If you dont have friends in the community, then not as many people are going to be there to post about your video. I posted on this video because I talk to tono_fyr outside of the org forums.

geez

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:34 am

Will someone please say something about the video? Please?

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:56 am

The song was pretty hot. I like how the beat goes "duh duh duh, doom doom" I really did like how the flashes went with the guy singing "do do do do" and stuff. I think the lip sync clips could have been changed more often though "sometimes Shiki would be lip syncing in a certain clip for a good while." I liked how you stopped the effects for 30 seconds around the middle then went back to it.

There's some comments about the AMV, couldn't think of much more though.

FoxJones
The foxiest!
Org Profile

Post by FoxJones » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:26 am

Tono_Fyr wrote:Will someone please say something about the video? Please?
Since you asked it..
Actually I was going to give you feedback (being a Tsukihime AMV) anyway. It's just that there's a lag between downloading a video, actually watching it and writing here.. And here's the comments:

I loved the first 45s. Even with the flashes. Mood was right on and scene selections were nice.
Then you sledgehammered me in the face with the masked in lip-sync face of doom. Thank god you stopped doing it later in the video and it got back to nice editing/good scene selection/good mood, but overally this AMV was already ruined for me.

Sorry.. went down to 3/5 stars and most likely off my HD :(

FoxJones
The foxiest!
Org Profile

Post by FoxJones » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:27 am

FoxJones wrote:
Since you asked it..
Actually I was going to give you feedback (being a Tsukihime AMV) anyway. It's just that with me there's a lag between downloading a video, actually watching it and writing here.. And here's the comments:

I loved the first 45s. Even with the flashes. Mood was right on and scene selections were nice.
Then you sledgehammered me in the face with the masked in lip-sync face of doom. Thank god you stopped doing it later in the video and it got back to nice editing/good scene selection/good mood, but overally this AMV was already ruined for me.

FoxJones
The foxiest!
Org Profile

Post by FoxJones » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:27 am

oh that was the quote button, not the edit-button.. which doesn't even seem to exist here -_-

critical fumble with t3h intarnet..

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:14 am

FoxJones wrote:
Since you asked it..
Actually I was going to give you feedback (being a Tsukihime AMV) anyway. It's just that there's a lag between downloading a video, actually watching it and writing here.. And here's the comments:

All I can really say now is "D'oh!". As I said in the description, this was a gift for a girl, and the lip synch was supposed to be sort of like what I was saying to her, though I guess it ended up killing the video for some : / It was also a product of me needing filler when I got to that point, as I couldn't really think of any way to lyric synch, and was QUICKLY running out of footage (those first thirty seconds, I had used thirty different cuts), so I went with lip synch to try to stretch it out more. In the end, I ran out of even lip synch footage, and was forced to start over. I salvaged the old lip synch stuff and put it into the new video, extending what little I had over, then continuing on with the project until I finished it. Went back and put the stuff in behind it to make it less painful to watch. I guess I coulda just scrapped it all together once I got that stretch done, but I decided not to, because, you know, I had done a LOT of work on that lip synch, and I really didn't want to just throw it away.

:?

MomochiZabuza
Org Profile

Post by MomochiZabuza » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:06 am

If you used naruto for this video everyone woulda loved it :P :lol:
Yes I am God

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=67903
... apparently it's awesome

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:12 am

MomochiZabuza wrote:If you used naruto for this video everyone woulda loved it :P :lol:
What's sad is, you're probably right : / *comming from a Naruto hater*

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”