Have I Found A Way?

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:13 am

SnhKnives wrote:the thing is man, in the org its survival of the fittest. You have to be active and make a name for yourself. It seems harsh but its something I had to do.

you got talent, keep it up and become great
Or be like knives and stalk koop.

Pwolf

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:15 am

SnhKnives wrote:the thing is man, in the org its survival of the fittest.
Yep, and that doesn't mean most talented. Just do a lot of ass kissing (not *too* obviously), look down on people who don't seem too intelligent (nobody likes them anyway, right?), and aggressively associate yourself with someone popular. Also refer to people by their first names, because that means you're good pals. Oh, and inside jokes: take note of inside jokes and make sure you're included.

I should write a guide. :roll:
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

MomochiZabuza
Org Profile

Post by MomochiZabuza » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:17 am

Nah it's kewl, I go unnoticed too and I'm a slightly ok editor/cool person?? :?

I dont even know that many people cept the big names...

Koop
Kewp
Koopiskeva
CTC Koopiskation

:lol: But in all seriousness you have to be either make the universal good video or be really activly annoying or funny or something

..or have a famous studio member *cough* RDS *cough*
Yes I am God

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=67903
... apparently it's awesome

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:40 am

Flint the Dwarf wrote:
Yep, and that doesn't mean most talented. Just do a lot of ass kissing (not *too* obviously), look down on people who don't seem too intelligent (nobody likes them anyway, right?), and aggressively associate yourself with someone popular. Also refer to people by their first names, because that means you're good pals. Oh, and inside jokes: take note of inside jokes and make sure you're included.
Funny, I never had to do any of that... :?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

SuperFusion
Org Profile

Post by SuperFusion » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:46 am

Flint the Dwarf wrote:

Don't forget the annoying blurt outs like ZOMGBBQ and useless posts. =|

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:25 am

SnhKnives wrote:the thing is man, in the org its survival of the fittest. You have to be active and make a name for yourself. It seems harsh but its something I had to do.
Who are you again? :P

Tono, fame is overrated, just make videos you think are awesome and continue to do so.

I'll get this the moment I'm not stuck on 56k ><
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:37 am

If this was supposed to be a serious video, and I think it was intended to be so... I'm sorry. It was hilarious.

Your editing synch was awesome. I liked the lip synching. The overlays were really nice.

But I still laughed my arse off, because way he just popped up and starting singing... I'd have expected that from a comedy video.

Hmm, Vegas. 5? How's that working out for you?
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:31 am

Yeah, I'm suprised you were able to time effects that well with Vegas. I just leave all the timing stuff to premiere. That was also nice lip syncing with Vegas too. I don't think I'd be able to lip sync in it because I need the sound playing as I move around ya know "hard to explain".

Seeing your AMV makes me wanna try my next lip syncing in Vegas......maybe.

Tono_Fyr
Org Profile

Post by Tono_Fyr » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:56 am

SSJVegita0609 wrote:
Who are you again? :P

Tono, fame is overrated, just make videos you think are awesome and continue to do so.

I'll get this the moment I'm not stuck on 56k ><
I uploaded this on 56K. Also, throughout the entirety of the editing process, I was told by several of my testers to change several things, but I was rather absolute in not changing them (Namely, the white flashes).

As for timing, have you people never heard of scrubbing (slowing everything down) and zooming in closer so that you can see the waveform better? It makes everything much, much easier.

For the lip synching in Vegas, yeah, it's all a matter of reading the waveform. Slow everything down, watch when he starts a syllable on the waveform, place an edit there, then adjust it slowly til you get it right.

@Kionon, it's not supposed to be funny, but this video isn't supposed to be "OMGSERIOUS!!!111", either. So meh : P

Thanks to more people for saying stuff... Though, Knives' post was wonderfully coherent for how drunk he seemed when I last spoke to him <.<

And, for Scintilla, when you spend 4 months editing frames in Photoshop to make Evangelion footage look like the Cowboy Bebop opening, you really don't need to do any of that.

As for associating with popular people, I do that, but not really as much on the forums as on AIM (IE, getting Pwolf, Scintilla, Koop, Knives, etc, to have a look at my stuff and give me suggestions).

*Sigh* I'm kinda disappointed that the topic exploded because of my bitching rather than my video being good :?

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:59 am

Scintilla wrote:Funny, I never had to do any of that... :?
Yeah, and I was being totally serious. Really.

I was only being partially serious, by the way.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”