A Flavorful Summer AMV Package

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

A Flavorful Summer AMV Package

Post by UnluckyArtist » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:13 pm

==========================================
To start off I've poured some top tier obligatory sparkling water humor to offset the sudden burst of flavor experienced by the main dish.

Here you will have the main course coincidentally titled where I've sprinkled on layers of many ingredients including the frustration with the world around you, the struggle to feel comfortable in your own skin and the freeing sensation of acceptance.
Enjoy

==========================================

Now for dessert we have the upbeaty idk I like both sailor moon and ariana grande although I am a man strawberry special.

Thank you for dining in and have a pleasant season.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: A Flavorful Summer AMV Package

Post by Mol » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:13 pm

Hmm i think hese three aren't really clicking with me despite fine editing (well maybe fizzy water juice had some meh cc effcts i think). I think Lacroix most up my valley. Strawberry starfruit probably would be too if it wasn't for this music xd.
Still better than that MMO.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:52 pm

I haven't watched Strawberry Starfruit yet but I just have to tell you that I died when I saw Fizzy Water Juice at NDK. It's just so ridiculous and fits my occasionally abstract and absurd sense of humor really well.

La Croix is also really good, you got the whole surrealist space opera thing down pat. The visuals here are outstanding.

Good stuff, as always :up:

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:31 pm

I sometimes find it overwhelming to try to talk about your videos and put what they're doing for me into words. This gets much more difficult when several are released at once like this, but all things considered it's not a bad problem to have.

Might sound weird to call ♢♦ La CroiX ♦♢ a "grower" of an AMV, but every time I've watched it it's gotten under my skin a little bit more. This is one of the most "maximal" (?) AMVs you've released and upon that first viewing it just seemed like way too much to take in at once. Coming back to it, it's beautifully arranged and detailed, the transition of one scene into another flows with a beautiful logic that's an unmistakable characteristic of your work and feels amplified and hyperfocused here to a satisfying effect, the extents of which I should be prepared for by now but still feels like a big surprise.

Strawberry Starfruit was initially my favorite of these, kind of hard to say if it still is but it's top shelf magical girl goodness. I love whole body soaking in this aesthetic and you make it feel so cool and somehow new, like I'm seeing and feeling this stuff for the first time.

FWJ is... an experience, I have no words for it.

Your work continues to be an antidote to the cynicism and anomie of our world. Thank you for sharing it. |:>

vkamv
Org Profile

Post by vkamv » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:07 pm

La Croix was pretty cool and really well made. I don't know many of the anime in it to well so I wasn't certain which scenes were heavily edited and which were not. You did a real amazing job matching the pace and feel of the song.

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Post by UnluckyArtist » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:42 pm

Thanks yall. It's fun to see out of these 3 different videos what people connect with more over the others.
The La Croix video is definitely a "grower not a shower" type of video, like you won't really get it after the 1st or 2nd watch and I think that before the end of the year I will make a video comparison to show exactly what clips what was changed from the original and maybe a better understanding can be made. I'm also happy to hear that it all matches the song well cause the song was really not my first choice and using it was very questionable lol.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”