Research Survey

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:41 am

EchoesofSilence wrote:How troublesome... Under the options for awareness to laws relevant to AMVs, there's no option for "vaguely".
^_^
I agree. That was fun! The educational uses of anime and AMV! LMK if you need any more help!
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:50 am

EchoesofSilence wrote:How troublesome... Under the options for awareness to laws relevant to AMVs, there's no option for "vaguely".
^_^
They also fail to mention how aware one is of the fact many of these laws haven't been contested in any way because the average person lacks the funds to do so... but there are far more glaring problems as scintilla mentioned. Codec terminology, the lack of a lot of sofware commonly used for editing, the fact that newer encoding options are not mentioned, some small spelling errors, etc.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:04 am

Hmm... I don't think it mentions my personal pet peeve - AMV Thieves. Those who reproduce AMVs on their sites w/o the original authors' permission - sometimes even taking credit for other's work. :(
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:15 am

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
^_^
They also fail to mention how aware one is of the fact many of these laws haven't been contested in any way because the average person lacks the funds to do so... but there are far more glaring problems as scintilla mentioned. Codec terminology, the lack of a lot of sofware commonly used for editing, the fact that newer encoding options are not mentioned, some small spelling errors, etc.
Yeah, apparently Magix is more obscure than I thought. ;_;

But I lol'd at the codec problem that Scin brought up cuz I noticed that too. I'm sure a great many other people will be cringing when they see it as well. Otherwise, though, it's a decent survey. It covered most of the bases.

- Jen

mitomimi
Org Profile

Post by mitomimi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:55 pm

Lyrs wrote:Are we allowed to solicit pictures of you if we take the survey? :wink:
pictures :shock: Just don't try google images or anything like that.....

mitomimi
Org Profile

Post by mitomimi » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:05 pm

Thanks so much for alll the responses! This helps a lot with my learning.

"Vaguely" - I like that! I may have to use that in the future :-). We had a really tough time on the wording for a lot of the questions, particularly the legal ones.

Okay, I hear ya on the software tools questions. We clearly need to do more homework... I'll try to sort through this tonight and may pester you all for clarification on some of this.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:21 pm

my comments on the servey... im making this as im doing it :/
the servey wrote:Using anime or music in AMVs when you do not own the DVDs or CDs

Using anime or music that has been downloaded from the internet in AMVs
you know "downloaded from the internet" doesnt necessairly mean p2p-illegal-KaZaA crap, there are legal ways to download media from the internet without all the fuss of being illegal...

Napster, Itunes ect.. i mean you PAY for the items you download so legally they are just as much yours as buying a CD or a DVD
the servey wrote:If you create AMVs, have you tried to get them licensed?

i dont know what this means... get the anime in it licenced? or get the amv itself licenced, and how would one go about doing getting an amv licenced?
CAN you get an AMV licenced? and what does it mean to licence an AMV?

O.o this question confuses me, im not sure what it means :/
the servey wrote:Jahshaka
Kino
Canopus Edius
Cinelerra
yea i think someone mentioned it before Magix is a "big" deal around here, but yet I've never heard of these programs...
the servey wrote:AMV Software and Codecs
i think this was already mentioned, but this entire section is centered around "containers" and not "codecs"...

so when you say DIVX or XVID you really mean like .DIVX?
does XVID have a container? or are you talking about the actual codec used in .avi container?

O.o
the servey wrote:Video game console
(eg. PS2, xbox, Nintendo)
Atari counts right? lmao
the servey wrote:Use word processing on a computer
(eg. MS Word, WordPerfect, WordPad)
notepad counts right? okay now im being silly :P

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:57 pm

'Twas Fun~ =3

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:10 pm

mitomimi wrote:
Lyrs wrote:Are we allowed to solicit pictures of you if we take the survey? :wink:
pictures :shock: Just don't try google images or anything like that.....
I didn't mean those kinds of pictures.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

kikai_saigono
Org Profile

Post by kikai_saigono » Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:12 pm

mah, it was interesting o.O
Youtuber wrote:What is an MEP exactly? I looked it up but I don't think it has anything to do with being a Member of the European Parliament.

Return to “Site Announcements”