Evanescence, Seether and Creed videos no longer available

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:13 am

well, ummmm.....yeah

its all kinda funny, maybe i should go ask linkin park if they made some of the videos on the site

LOL

>_>

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:14 am

Corran wrote:Post
lol, damn it Corran :P Beat me to it
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:15 am

SSJVegita0609 wrote:This is lame, LAME I SAY!

But Moon's post brightened my mood.
It's the truth though! Plus, the Org has trimmed down lots of crappy Evenescence videos (in sacrifice of some good ones). :o
ImageImage

SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:23 am

On another note, I think this is a completely retarded move on the label's part. It has no, I repeat, NO benefit for them given that those interested in pirating music aren't going to use anime music videos to do it (hence no increase in sales). I mean, imagine downloading 12 AMVs, removing the footage, then compiling the audio, why the fuck go through the trouble when there are a million other places that do that for you? All this can do is get people upset with them.

I see no practical reason for the music industry to care, in fact it's downright assholish for anyone to do instigate like this. If anything, AMVs are like the radio and act as advertisement.
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

psycoculex
Org Profile

Post by psycoculex » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:30 am

like posted before - its one job of the labels to enforce copyright legalities or they can become under fire for allowing the distrubution of said music

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:41 am

I was actually releaved to see that only 3 bands were affected by this. The Org pretty much got a slap on the wrist compared to what could of happened.
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:00 am

that may be true, but at the same time it could only be the beginning of something that could be worse... calm before the storm if you will o.0

as I said in the other forum, I commend Phade's efforts, he must be more than stressed being the bearer of such news and how a community this large is going to react... dont kill the messenger o.0 not to mention it could have been alot worse..

I'm hoping the people who have several of those videos dont overreact too much tomorrow..

I hope that eventually down the road somewhere fanvideos can make peace with the industries.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:02 am

SSJVegita0609 wrote:I see no practical reason for the music industry to care, in fact it's downright assholish for anyone to do instigate like this. If anything, AMVs are like the radio and act as advertisement.
At the same time, this is a money-grubbing corporation and anything they don't make money from and have the right to stop is something they are going to fight. In this case fighting means saying, "quit it."

As with others, I'm glad it's only three bands. Especially when you consider the initial aim of the Org, this isn't a huge loss and worse could have come out of it. People can still distribute their videos using these respective bands, but it will have to be mostly private and completely unaffiliated with this site. For the majority of people, this will reduce the amount of feedback very little. It will probably mostly stop the creation of new videos using these bands, but I'm sure there will still be those who have good/original ideas and go on to make the videos anyway. I don't think it's a big loss.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

nynex4
Org Profile

Post by nynex4 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:07 am

Well, I am taking my recently purchaced Seether album back to the store, and I was considering buying Evanescense, but It seems I have changed my mind.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:26 am

Question to Phade:

Let's say I make an AMV with Elfen Lied. Would it still be okay to announce it with a yousendit link, just so I can get it out for a little while? I mean, I don't have any webspace of my own, so it would have to be that way. Would that be alright, or would it be best to just not announce that video?

Thanks, and sorry to hear about this whole mess.

- Jen

Return to “Site Announcements”