Playstaion Ripper

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Sun May 15, 2005 4:19 am

AMVfreak wrote:I forgot to mention this to you devil:

The FFX ripping problems you had can be solved by hex editing the .pss files' headers in case you haven't heard. (thanks to shirohamada)
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=50118
Yeah, I saw it, and used it, and I am forever grateful to the person who typed that up. <3

As a matter of fact, I do own FF9, but I'm also on dialup, so I don't think I'd be able to send any uncompressed video streams. =p

But here, just like with FF8, is another example, from FF9:

PSmplay:

PsxMC:

Again, look right beneath her right eye...there's that nasty, weird effect again, just like in the FF8 footage, though not nearly as much of it in the FF9 footage, from what I've seen. =/

Believe me though, I spent about a week testing different methods before I started my current project (an FF8 vid), and it makes a world of difference, especially once you compress.

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Sun May 15, 2005 11:10 am

well do either of you know what the new problem is >.<

i'm gonna cry lol

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Sun May 15, 2005 12:15 pm

devilmaykickass wrote:
AMVfreak wrote:...
Again, look right beneath her right eye...there's that nasty, weird effect again, just like in the FF8 footage, though not nearly as much of it in the FF9 footage, from what I've seen. =/

Believe me though, I spent about a week testing different methods before I started my current project (an FF8 vid), and it makes a world of difference, especially once you compress.
Nice tests Devilmaykickass. I will remember this. (Very nice thread. ^^ )

ForeverZeroo, you problaby have Windows XP- you need Win9x for PSMplay to run. I believe Quu's guide explains how to get by this.
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Sun May 15, 2005 6:25 pm

......CRAP

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Sun May 15, 2005 7:10 pm

Umm, I have winXP and PSmplay runs fine, but when you first get it, it will say there's 2 files missing: "WNASPI32.DLL" and "SoftCore.dll"...

These are both on your computer somewhere...you just need to use the windows search option, and then copy and paste them into the PSmplay folder, and then it will work fine...

But if you can't find the files on your own, I can gladly post them and you can just download them and put them in the PSmplay folder from there.

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Sun May 15, 2005 10:48 pm

You can if ya like...I finally found a workable version of PSxmc thingy...so i know what your talkin bout the quility...but either way i'm happy now that i have SOMETHING

turns out i wasnt an idiot...it was just bad downloads.

but sure post it up and i'll get it a shot

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Mon May 16, 2005 4:17 am

Well I just put everything where it belongs and rezipped it. JUst download and unzip the file and it will work. =D

Link: http://www.angelfire.com/anime6/dmka/PSmplay_XP.zip

Zygarth
Org Profile

Re: Playstaion Ripper

Post by Zygarth » Mon May 16, 2005 8:55 am

AMVfreak wrote:Final Fantasy IV (ReRelease Edition) - PSXMC
Final Fantasy V (ReRelease Edition) - PSXMC
Final Fantasy VI (ReRelease Edition) - PSXMC
Final Fantasy VII - PSXMC
Final Fantasy VIII - PSXMC
Final Fantasy IX -PSXMC
Final Fantasy X - FFX2MOV
Final Fantasy X-2 - ISO Method/ FFX-2_tool
Final Fantasy XI - FFXI2mov
Is there such a tool for FF-X2 European PAL version too? I'm a newbie and I know only the basics. If you can get it in english it would help me a lot because my chinese/japanese isn't as good as you english.

The14thGOD
Org Profile

Post by The14thGOD » Mon May 16, 2005 9:21 am

Is there such a tool for FF-X2 European PAL version too? I'm a newbie and I know only the basics. If you can get it in english it would help me a lot because my chinese/japanese isn't as good as you english.
have you tried this method?

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=29514[/quote]

Zygarth
Org Profile

Post by Zygarth » Mon May 16, 2005 9:25 am

Yes but i cant get 1 software and there is one that isn't working. And if i use NTSC movie rip tools, it always says incorrect disc size or something like that

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”