Playstaion Ripper

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Sat May 14, 2005 11:22 pm

lol PICTURES YAY!

but lol....the problem is...when i click the exe it asks me to open it with something (either on my computer OR on the internet)

and i have no idea what

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Sat May 14, 2005 11:39 pm

AMVfreak wrote:
devilmaykickass wrote:I reccommend PSmplay over PsxMC because PsxMC won't rip some stuff correctly (such as the FF8 opening FMV). =/
?

I beg to differ. I prefer PSXMC over PSMplay due to its features. And I had no problem whatsoever ripping the FF8 opening AMV in PSXMC- it may be due to an individual problem occuring in your computer?
Everytime I've tried it, it only rips up until the point that the gunblade lands in the ground...it won't rip past that.

Also, I've been testing PS1 footage with different codecs and rippers for awhile now, years actually, and PsxMC loses data and gives you weird artifacts, and overall, a crappy result before and even WORSE after you compress, far crappier than PSmplay. Want proof? Observe:

Here's a rip with PSmplay:

Now heres a rip with PsxMC:

Just looking at his nose alone you can see all this weird crap and picture errors. PsxMC does that. PSmplay is free of these. Try them both and compress them, and then you can see even more of a difference...it's pretty bad if you use PsxMC really.

If you're too lazy to do stuff yourself and get a far better result anyway (because using those features, that aren't all that great anyway, just make PsxMC ruin the film worse), then I guess those features are nice. But really, they're just making things worse when you use them.

I mean, go ahead and use PsxMC if you want because of a few features that make you think it's better....trust me, it's not...which is probably why 99% of FF videos look so horrible.

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Sat May 14, 2005 11:46 pm

Well you might be right i dont know. But right now AMVfreak is being amazing and telling me step by step how to work this program. AMVfreak is slowly but surely becoming my god (or goddess O.o?)

either way to me the look doesnt look THAT much different, and i'd be more then happy with that other pic too.

And the opening isnt an issue with me cause thats one of the very good quility vids i have lready from downloading.

^^

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Sat May 14, 2005 11:49 pm

and btw, your link doesnt work anyway. i'd be willin to try but i wanna try and do it AMVfreaks way first seeing as i'm so far along...but there is no harm in downloading for later.

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Sun May 15, 2005 12:16 am

Oh, it's completely up to you. If you like what you see, then by all means use it...and inb no way am I downing AMVfreak's methods. If you find that easier and the quality is fine with you, that's all that matters.

Just trying to help a fellow AMVer get the best results, that's all. ^__^

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Sun May 15, 2005 12:23 am

lol i understand and if you get a link that works i'll give it a shot

by the way, awesome icon ^^

sailor moon broke my anime cherry (well transformers did...but i didnt know it was anime)

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Sun May 15, 2005 12:25 am

ForeverZeroo wrote:either way to me the look doesnt look THAT much different, and i'd be more then happy with that other pic too.
Actually there is quite a difference as devilmaykickass has stated in that screencap above.

I am aware that PSMplay can rip some FMVs better than PSXMC. (This has also been stated in Quu's guide in ripping.) However, I have liked using PSXMC better for most cases because it has more flexibility such as being compatible with windows, and not confined only to 9x.(I know this can be changed, but I still like the hassle-free PSXMC.) But, in the specific case of FF8, I was not aware of such big differences in quality! 0.0 (I actually rip and use the much higher-quality PC .pak files-640x448 resolution ^^ )

If you do own FF9, I wonder if you could send me a lossless capture of a ripped FF9 footage off PSMPLAY for me? I do know that PSXMC's FF9STREAM had a very useful feature of reducing the noise present in the FMVs off the discs, and I do wonder how those compare also.

Also regarding the FF8 opening, FMV- I have yet to have seen or heard of that problem before. Mine works fine.
devilmaykickass wrote:If you're too lazy to do stuff yourself and get a far better result anyway (because using those features, that aren't all that great anyway, just make PsxMC ruin the film worse), then I guess those features are nice. But really, they're just making things worse when you use them.
This I have to apologize for being a little vague. I own PSXMC Multi Converter (Shareware) which has some useful added features that enhance PS1 ripping. ^^

Actually ForeverZeroo, you would want to look into Devil's method for FF8.(Unless you own the FF8 PC version, which changes everything in quality.) From the caps he gave, the quality is quite significant in change.
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Sun May 15, 2005 12:34 am

I forgot to mention this to you devil:

The FFX ripping problems you had can be solved by hex editing the .pss files' headers in case you haven't heard. (thanks to shirohamada)
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=50118
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Sun May 15, 2005 12:47 am

well then jebus O_O

what do i do now lol. I dont even have a good link to download it. -.-

ForeverZeroo
Org Profile

Post by ForeverZeroo » Sun May 15, 2005 1:00 am

Jebus. Ok i searched google.

I downloaded that ting like 6 times from 6 different places.

I Extract all....it exracts

...i go to work it...

and this error message always pops up:

"This application has failed to start becuase WNASPI32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I keep re-instailling. same thing...
and the only other icons are Def_skin and skin

...soooo....now what O_O

*this forum is now retitled "Nothing can be easy"

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”