Nago is out of disk space; uploads will fail.

Brolly345
Org Profile

Post by Brolly345 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:26 pm

godix wrote:OTOH, if something happened and every single DBZ or Naturo video got deleted I personally wouldn't mind either...
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.

But seriously, I'm not really for deleting videos. Sure we could free up space on Nago, but that would create a whole lot of animosity from people who's videos were deleted.

Also there is the question on how we would determine what the criteria for deleting the videos. Base it on what?

1. Hits? Sure not every video gets a whole lot of hits. I mean my first video just got over 1000 hits. It took nearly six months to do it, and I bet the main reason for this is because I whored it out pretty actively. A new creator would be really lucky to get very many hits at all on their videos. But this is not a very fair reason to delete. At least by itself.

2. Star average? Now this also is not a good reason to delete. Mostly because a lot of people have not so good star averages on their videos. This is due to how some people do it. They just give straight 3s, 2s, or even 1s to videos they have downloaded just so they can keep doing it.

3. Opinion scores? This would not be very fair because maybe not everyone thinks the video is bad. I've gotten some bad ops. I'm sure everyone has.

4. Date uploaded? This would be kind of unfair because all the older videos would get deleted. So eventually everyone's video would be lost. Good or bad.

Now maybe a combination of these catagories would make the video worthy of deletion, but that is neither here nor there.

Now please note I do not think deleting videos is even a consideration. I just wanted to give my two cents on the subject.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:34 pm

Maybe get rid of anything that's not avi, wmv, mpg, rm etc...

Some people are notorious for uploaing wmm project files and vobs here...
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Gemberkoekje
Org Profile

Post by Gemberkoekje » Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:46 pm

I wondered - how does Nagi and the other one *4got his name* work together in uploading and downloading? i.o.w. how does the system know where to save and where to search?
BakaNeko.nl!

Kai Stromler
Org Profile

Post by Kai Stromler » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:04 pm

Gemberkoekje wrote:I wondered - how does Nagi and the other one *4got his name* work together in uploading and downloading? i.o.w. how does the system know where to save and where to search?
disclaimer: I'm not derobert and so this information has no guarantee of accuracy

If I was implementing a workalike from scratch, I would drop a key/value pair for location back into the video entry when an upload was confirmed. The value of this key would be the path to the video on the appropriate server. Recall that when you download a video, you download it from "nago.animemusicvideos.org/whatever"; now that Nago is full, once Kero comes online and starts getting videos, new videos that are loaded on kero will be downloaded from "kero.animemusicvideos.org/whatever". There's no need to search as the path is dropped into the database entry of the video in question on upload.

Since the .org's administrators are at least as smart as I am with regards this sort of situation, and likely more so, there's probably something like this (though with a more elegant implementation) in place.

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
CHOPWORK - abominations of maceration
skywide, armspread : forward, upward
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:43 pm

derobert wrote:
godix wrote:We're talking about local hosting and AFAIK there is no goal to locally host every video ever made.
Why not? It seems quite obtainable. Kero has 2TiB to play with.
Because the rules on locally hosted vids specifically forbid it. No sex and violence allowed.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:15 pm

godix wrote:
derobert wrote:
godix wrote:We're talking about local hosting and AFAIK there is no goal to locally host every video ever made.
Why not? It seems quite obtainable. Kero has 2TiB to play with.
Because the rules on locally hosted vids specifically forbid it. No sex and violence allowed.
HA! a loophole!

Pwolf

derobert
Phantom of the .Org
Org Profile

Post by derobert » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:10 am

Brolly345 wrote:2. Star average? [...] They just give straight 3s, 2s, or even 1s to videos they have downloaded just so they can keep doing it.
There are people who do this, but their scores are ignored.
Key 55EA59FE; fingerprint = E501 CEE3 E030 2D48 D449 274C FB3F 88C2 55EA 59FE
A mighty order of ages is born anew.              http://twitter.com/derobert

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:24 pm

Brolly345 wrote:
2. Star average? [...] They just give straight 3s, 2s, or even 1s to videos they have downloaded just so they can keep doing it.
There are people who do this, but their scores are ignored.
Wow I didn't knew that those scores were ignored, this is good, I simply don't get why vote without mind a video that you downloaded and saw :?

Anyway about the Server, Delete videos would be an error, the ONLY videos I would delete are of members that don't login from 1,5 - 2 years, so members that are no long 'members'. Anyway, if a new server will be opened to the public, the best thing is to wait, it is for this that Donations exists right??
ImageImage

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:52 pm

So... does anyone know when this will end? I heard the week-end, but... it's not fixed yet :cry:

derobert
Phantom of the .Org
Org Profile

Post by derobert » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:12 pm

Michele wrote:Anyway, if a new server will be opened to the public, the best thing is to wait, it is for this that Donations exists right??
The new server is already bought and paid for. It just needs the software to be finished.
Key 55EA59FE; fingerprint = E501 CEE3 E030 2D48 D449 274C FB3F 88C2 55EA 59FE
A mighty order of ages is born anew.              http://twitter.com/derobert

Return to “Site Announcements”