- Member: Brolly345
- Studio: [Insert Studio Name Here]
- Title: Breaking Me Down
- Premiered: 2005-01-27
- Soil Breaking Me Down
Well, well, well, it seems I have yet another video to enter into the catalog. This time it's an action video set to Spriggan. Something less boring to some than my first video was.
Motivation behind the video:
Ah, my first attempt at an action video. This was idea that was swimming around in my head for quite a while before I decided to do it. The main reason for the delay was because I was debating what song to use with said anime. I had two different songs in my head to use, "Breaking Me Down" by Soil, or "Get Inside" by Stone Sour. Both worked well for what I wanted to do. Although there aren't as many videos done to "Get Inside" as there are to "Breaking Me Down", I chose to go with "Breaking Me Down". The main reason for this decision was because the song was more fun, in my opinion, to edit with. I also felt like there aren't enough Spriggan videos in the database, another motivation to make this video. The song chosen also did the action of Spriggan justice, and neither song has been used with Spriggan.
Once I got started with this I realized how perfect the song and the anime went together. I was amazed that I couldn't have picked a better choice. My scenes timed out very well. I always had just enough of my source to use for a particular point of the video. This made it really easy, and fun to edit. Once I got done with the editing portion of the video is when I ran into a snag. I was having a lot of trouble getting this to encode into XviD. VirtualDubMod just didn't want to do it. Weird? Very. So I kept trying with different settings until I found some that worked. I also had a lot of trouble getting the filesize below 50MB. At first it was looking like it was going to be about 70MB for a video this short. I didn't want that. So I had to do a lot of tweeking with the filters in order to keep the filesize down, and maintain visual quality. Even though my previous video is way longer I still couldn't help but keep the filesizes about the same. This source isn't very compressible. But, in all fairness, compared to the problems I had with my first video, this was a breeze.
Frame rate: 29.97
Audio: 44100 Hz 192 kbps CBR, Stereo
Program used: Premiere Pro
Effects: HOLY SHIT THERE AREN'T ANY! :O (Felt like throwing that in there. =p)
That's all that's important. Also, I plan to put a higher quality version of this video on my website once I get it built. So look for a direct link in the future.
Well, that's all I can think of to say besides; I hope you enjoy this video as much as I enjoyed making it. ^_^
I fixed the aspect ratio problems the first version had. Too bad I didn't notice that they were there, or I would have never uploaded it. So for those of you who have the first version. Go ahead and update it to the one with the correct aspect ratio of 1.85:1, not 4:3. That was a painfully easy fix... >_<