Through Time, Through Space

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SSJVegita0609
Org Profile

Post by SSJVegita0609 » Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:05 am

*Stamps video with seal of approval

Well, tis no Rei-mix, but still quite the good video. :wink:
The best effects are the ones you don't notice.

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:49 am

Cyber_Skaarj wrote:OK, I have finished downloading it. Here's what I think.

Good vid, no excellent vid. Brilliant use of song and clips, great timing, the only thing is it failed to... how to put this... lift my spirit like other emotional vids do. And I have no idea why.

I'd give it an 80% (I want to give it more, but I just can't seem to bring myself to do so)
Thanks for the download people. Cyber_Skaarrj, thx for the mini-op. I'm not sure whether you've seen Hoshi No Koe, but if you have, you'd know that there was an extreme lack of source footage which didn't help since the song is longer than my previous videos.
Hi.

bumpkins
Org Profile

Post by bumpkins » Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:39 pm

Koopiskeva wrote:I'm not sure whether you've seen Hoshi No Koe, but if you have, you'd know that there was an extreme lack of source footage which didn't help since the song is longer than my previous videos.
Amen to that. Hoshi No Koe is only about 25-30 minutes long, and that's why i think your video is so good. you had hardly anything to work with, and yet you still made a great video that does not give away the story or the ending of HNK. again, great job. i am really impressed.
--Bumpkins
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =53801">My Profile</a> | <a href="http://www.anime-reviews.net">Anime-Reviews.net</a> | <a href="http://www.anime-reviews.net/forum">AR.net Forum</a>

Cyber_Skaarj
Org Profile

Post by Cyber_Skaarj » Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:25 pm

hmm... Maybe I should check out this Hoshi No Koe, it sounds interesting
"The person who can hear the booming words "Head Shot!!" and not feel a flush of achievement and joy is, quite frankly, psychologically ill."
- PC Gamer, Weapon of Choice article, issue 108, april 2002

ShonenDizzyCow
Org Profile

Post by ShonenDizzyCow » Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:44 pm

I should get off my butt and release my Hoshi No Koe vid as soon as possible (which was basically done in december), before more people release their HNK vids and by the time I do, they'll claim that I'm ripping other people off. :cry:

Koop: There is one scene in your vid where there is an almost identical scene which involved an effect, by pure coindicence. :(

I noted that you had a somewhat generous cropping of the video, from all sides - were you trying to hide the subtitles?

Nice dissolves... :wink:

Koopiskeva
|:
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:50 pm

ShonenDizzyCow wrote:I should get off my butt and release my Hoshi No Koe vid as soon as possible (which was basically done in december), before more people release their HNK vids and by the time I do, they'll claim that I'm ripping other people off. :cry:

Koop: There is one scene in your vid where there is an almost identical scene which involved an effect, by pure coindicence. :(

I noted that you had a somewhat generous cropping of the video, from all sides - were you trying to hide the subtitles?

Nice dissolves... :wink:
Yep, I used fansubs. :(

I'd like to see your video very much so. And I don't think you have to worry about hoards of people releasing HNK videos. It doesn't seem too popular at the moment. Also, about the identical scenes. It was bound to happen cause well, it's not like we have much to work with. :?
Hi.

ShonenDizzyCow
Org Profile

Post by ShonenDizzyCow » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:20 pm

Koopiskeva wrote:I'd like to see your video very much so. And I don't think you have to worry about hoards of people releasing HNK videos. It doesn't seem too popular at the moment.
Way cool. ETA maybe 2 weeks? Maybe. In the meantime uh, watch Akira Under My Skin! :wink:
Koopiskeva wrote:Also, about the identical scenes. It was bound to happen cause well, it's not like we have much to work with. :?
Yeah, my thoughts exactly, even more reason why I should release it sooner than later. ^_^

Koopiskeva
|:
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:23 pm

I already have it, as well as your other videos. :?

Good times. Now release the hounds. :|
Hi.

FurryCurry
Org Profile

Post by FurryCurry » Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:20 am

Nice. Very different from a certain other video of yours, but I really like it.

Actually, I just wanted an excuse to post about your new avatar.

Love it! :D :D :D

Koopiskeva
|:
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:22 am

Heh, thanks. :D
Hi.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”