Little Things You Hate

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Hiro The Dragon King
Org Profile

Re: Little Things You Hate

Post by Hiro The Dragon King » Sat May 25, 2013 7:32 pm

I like driving just for the exploration aspect. Driving alone allows me to listen to music. Where I lived, it was thirty minutes to the nearest actual town. Going anywhere immediately gave me personal time to explore music. When I was bored, I would explore the back roads, just to see new sights. One of my favorite peace time activities when I was bunked with roommates in college was to drive around the streets of Orlando while listening to Audioslave's self-titled album. Bliss. Roaming Ocala's back streets found me visiting massive abandoned lime rock quarries. Maybe I'll add this to the Little Things You Love thread.

Anyway, I hate when people talk on the phone in my car, or talk over my radio, or try to change it, or suggest music. This is my car, my personal space. You are encroaching on a very sacred sentiment. Get out.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon May 27, 2013 1:49 pm

So, I went through a lot of effort to beautify myself yesterday. I donned a lovely, sparkly dress that I bought four years ago and never wore (tags still on), a pair of sexy platform Mary Jane-style shoes which were also untouched (not to mention that I had to modify and re-sew a few elements on both of those), spent forty minutes figuring out how to curl my hair with a flat iron, put on pretty makeup and my nicest jewelery, and you know what?

I didn't get to show off any of it, really. We went out to a restaurant for my birthday (I paid for myself), got birthday ice cream cupcakes (I paid for myself), bought liquor (I paid for myself), and then we went out to a friend's house. Hardly anybody even saw my outfit, and when I asked my friends repeatedly to take a picture (first I wanted a group photo, which they ignored, so then I just asked for one of me), they just kept drinking and going about their conversations.

Now, the reason that this is in this thread and not the vent thread is because it wasn't a night-killer. I still had fun, and everything was great, but when a girl spends hours making herself look pretty and puts on a dress for the first time in FOUR FUCKING YEARS, YOU TAKE HER GODDAMN PICTURE.

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Mon May 27, 2013 1:56 pm

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:I didn't get to show off any of it, really. We went out to a restaurant for my birthday (I paid for myself), got birthday ice cream cupcakes (I paid for myself), bought liquor (I paid for myself), and then we went out to a friend's house. Hardly anybody even saw my outfit, and when I asked my friends repeatedly to take a picture (first I wanted a group photo, which they ignored, so then I just asked for one of me), they just kept drinking and going about their conversations.
No one pitched in even a little bit? Did you go out to the restaurant/cupcake place alone? If so, that is kind of lame. I hate spending birthdays alone.

[quoteNow, the reason that this is in this thread and not the vent thread is because it wasn't a night-killer. I still had fun, and everything was great, but when a girl spends hours making herself look pretty and puts on a dress for the first time in FOUR FUCKING YEARS, YOU TAKE HER GODDAMN PICTURE.[/quote]

Glad you had fun regardless.

And yeah the whole dilemma between "I did this for myself, BUT I still want other people to notice the effort I put in and given me appropriate and desired feedback" is always an issue. I don't dress up for other people, per se, I dress up for myself. But that doesn't mean I won't take an appropriate comment, and I probably will want a picture, especially if I am out with friends and we're doing stuff.

...reminds me, my friend Allie owes me Golden Week pictures.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon May 27, 2013 2:37 pm

All this soreness. Cons kill me since I'm so out of shape.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Hiro The Dragon King
Org Profile

Post by Hiro The Dragon King » Mon May 27, 2013 3:15 pm

Tension headaches. I get them frequently. I started getting them around the end of high school. My first came while doing pull-ups for our JROTC competition. I laid on a picnic table for like an hour. Now I get them every few weeks. If you ever want to feel the worst pain in the world (having had both week-long migraines and appendicitis, I can actually compare), have sex while suffering a tension headache. Having an orgasm feels like a train hit you in the face.

ZephyrStar
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by ZephyrStar » Tue May 28, 2013 11:48 am

For all you driving-haters, come out to the East coast and drive the Blue Ridge Parkway. Guarantee you'll like driving after that. Well, at least driving on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:44 pm

[ edit - nevermind, my apologies. I shouldn't post about this sport of thing here, sorry]
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:11 pm

My allergies just won't quit. Really wish they'd let up a bit.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:12 pm

K-on

8bit_samurai
Hmm...
Org Profile