La Fleur Du Destin (4th place/Big Contest 2013)

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

La Fleur Du Destin (4th place/Big Contest 2013)

Postby Kitty-Galia » Thu May 16, 2013 11:38 am

1789, French Revolution.
A story about man and women who fought for peace and freedom of their country.
Vive la France!

NOTE: the character with blonde hair is a woman ^_^
Last edited by Kitty-Galia on Tue May 28, 2013 10:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage
Kitty-Galia

Re: La Fleur Du Destin

Postby post-it » Thu May 16, 2013 12:35 pm

getting by the character designs, you've taken a long time to Master those skills!

. you should be an Instructor of Special Effects .. nicely done ^__^

( I have been removed from Grading & Replying to the Answer Boards however, if this were not so; you would be my first Critique in the past five years worth analyzing. )
Bully-Bully [ Outstanding Job Ol'boy ] :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
Last edited by post-it on Thu May 16, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
post-it

Re: La Fleur Du Destin (Big Contest 2013)

Postby Kisagi » Thu May 16, 2013 4:30 pm

Nice one :up:
Kisagi

Postby AceD » Thu May 16, 2013 5:50 pm

To be honest i was surprised the blond character was female. Reminded of Griffith in terms of a feminine looking male...

Still, technically a treat to watch....just not hooked.
AceD
I AM THE BEST

Postby post-it » Thu May 16, 2013 7:19 pm

AceD wrote:To be honest i was surprised the blond character was female.
:ying:
Spoiler :
I wasn't looking for it so I missed that! ... ... x_x .. crawls under the smallest pebble on the beach ... sorry about that ..
post-it

Postby Koopiskeva » Tue May 21, 2013 8:05 pm

Thanks for clearing up the genders there :P Great compositing work!
Hi.
Koopiskeva
|:

Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.

Postby imp » Wed May 22, 2013 2:39 am

read the note before watching it ^^

The video wasn't whatever it is that I was expecting. Quite beautiful, love the transition. And thought I didn't understand the lyrics the music seemed to fit perfectly.
Code: Select all
/*
 *  Author's note:
 *  Software engineering is the part of computer science which is too difficult for the computer scientist.
 */
imp

Postby pan_dbgt01 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:42 pm

Very cool. Love the story line and the editing :D

I need to learn some editing in a class some day :)
pan_dbgt01

Postby Pic4 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:36 am

One of my Top 5 from the BC. I love the atmosphere, but the story could be more transparent. I think it's too much driven by emotions and it could have more events. I mean the happening feels a bit flat for me: The most scenes are about love feelings between the couple and the main events are: the woman spits blood (I don't know why) and they both fight in the civil war and die.

Maybe I miss something because I don't understand the lyrics. Nevertheless your expression is awesome and many editors could learn from you a lot. Btw on the one side the song fits well to the drawing style, but on the other side it feels weird to see french people acting to an Italian song. :dino:
Derping around
Pic4
free to pay

Postby Fizziks » Thu May 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Great story, and awesome use off effects! This video is really well done! :up:
Fizziks

Postby ibabrak » Fri May 24, 2013 9:40 am

amazing as always :up:
ImageImage
ibabrak

Postby Gorz » Sun May 26, 2013 3:20 am

J'adore
Gorz
Gorzilla

Postby [madaraxD] » Sun May 26, 2013 4:00 am

Solid work :up:
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis

Re: La Fleur Du Destin (4th place/Big Contest 2013)

Postby Kitty-Galia » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:52 am

Thanks everyone! :3 It was the experimental work and we are happy that you liked it.

The most scenes are about love feelings between the couple and the main events are: the woman spits blood (I don't know why) and they both fight in the civil war and die.

We always create our own stories-crossovers and try to make them understandable, but this work - the exception. This AMV/MMV was created out of love for the original anime / manga "Rose of Versailles". And some scenes can be understood only by those who watched the source. However, those who have not seen the source can be found in the "figurative" sense scenes, for example: the woman spits blood - in the source she had tuberculosis; but in our AMV it could mean something is "dead": the apparition of soul of her deceased lover. Roses also have a special meaning in this clip.

Btw on the one side the song fits well to the drawing style, but on the other side it feels weird to see french people acting to an Italian song.

Friendship of the peoples: Japanese manga, French Revolution, Italian song, English text and Russian editors... :mrgreen:
ImageImage
Kitty-Galia

Re: La Fleur Du Destin (4th place/Big Contest 2013)

Postby Pic4 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:16 pm

Kitty-Galia wrote:We always create our own stories-crossovers and try to make them understandable, but this work - the exception. This AMV/MMV was created out of love for the original anime / manga "Rose of Versailles". And some scenes can be understood only by those who watched the source. However, those who have not seen the source can be found in the "figurative" sense scenes, for example: the woman spits blood - in the source she had tuberculosis; but in our AMV it could mean something is "dead": the apparition of soul of her deceased lover. Roses also have a special meaning in this clip.

Thank you for the explanation. I think I understand it now - so her lover is dead and it's something like her guardian angel in the civil war? But he did then a bad job. :D
Roses are symbol for love and beauty but I don't get the "special meaning in this clip". I don't wana watch the Anime/read the mange to understand it, I think I wouldn't be a great fan of the series. But I like this AMV - thank you for making it.

Kitty-Galia wrote:Friendship of the peoples: Japanese manga, French Revolution, Italian song, English text and Russian editors...

Looked at that way it's awesome. :sorcerer:
Derping around
Pic4
free to pay

Next

Return to AMV Announcements