Welcome to the Future

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Welcome to the Future

Postby Doveamvs » Fri May 17, 2013 12:07 pm

This is my 2nd amv, i tried to make something fast paced with ALOT of EPIC action. Enjoy~ ;D
Doveamvs

Re: Welcome to the Future

Postby imp » Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 pm

mmh,
dislike on the use of a logo, also tv logos.
scene at 0:05 has black bars, an easy scale can solve that, also at 2:25.

Further, you need to work more on your sync, both internal and beat syncing weren't that nice.
On the 2nd half of the AMV the scenes were way too slow for the music. Almost nothing happened for a few seconds, which is like eternity.
Further trying to make it fast paced just by increasing the speed of the source is bad in so far that it makes the movements look weird, unnatural.

I hope this will help you.
Code: Select all
/*
 *  Author's note:
 *  Software engineering is the part of computer science which is too difficult for the computer scientist.
 */
imp

Postby Doveamvs » Fri May 17, 2013 1:20 pm

Really appreciate it, that u took time to give me some tips(or tell me what wasnt so good, so next time i can do better). I will try match the beat syncing better next time, and at some parts where i sped the clips up, i did that because i wanted to sync it with the beat, didnt know how else to do it. Thanks again.

EDIT: This is answer to the post above ;p
Doveamvs

Postby NotReallyHere » Sat May 18, 2013 1:00 pm

I pretty much agree with imp here. Found it a bit lacking in overall concept as well. The first half is fighting and then it becomes fanservice. For your next amv I suggest thinking a bit about what the general thought behind your amv is (Even if it is just pewpew) and use only clips that fit into that thought. Speeding up stuff to sync it with the beat can work yeah. I suggest you check out this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_9_cfweTcw) video tutorial, it has some pretty good tips on how to use that. :)
NotReallyHere
Just for Fun

Postby Doveamvs » Sat May 18, 2013 2:38 pm

NotReallyHere wrote:I pretty much agree with imp here. Found it a bit lacking in overall concept as well. The first half is fighting and then it becomes fanservice. For your next amv I suggest thinking a bit about what the general thought behind your amv is (Even if it is just pewpew) and use only clips that fit into that thought. Speeding up stuff to sync it with the beat can work yeah. I suggest you check out this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_9_cfweTcw) video tutorial, it has some pretty good tips on how to use that. :)

Ok, thank you very much :], ill take a look at the video.

EDIT: The tutorial is really great, gave me some ideas how to match the beats better next time, and about the speeding up part. In my amv i just sped most of the clip up without paying attention how it look "overall"(that part of the clip) i just tried to hit the beat.
Doveamvs

Return to AMV Announcements