The Vent Thread

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Re: The Vent Thread

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:39 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:de pain! de pain of de-feet!
Ah, de agony of de feet...
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:12 am

AWW thanks? O.o

got a crutch, its not hurting as much now that I've spent money for it 3:

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:30 am

Why is Nathan not in S3 of Misfits

I don't want to live in this world anymore.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:53 am

Spoiler :
Ugh, I've got this big ol' canker sore that sprouted up inside my bottom lip a few days ago. It's right in the middle too, so I can't avoid bumping it every time I move my mouth at all.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:06 am

A few things:

1. You know what's great? When the co-worker you're closing with calls in. When we're shorthanded. And busy. On a weekend. You know what's even better? When it happens two nights in a row. Weekend nights. Busy weekend nights. I don't even care what her excuse is. She's at least the fifth person in a line of co-workers who have been hired and fired in the past six months because they pulled this same crap. I'm convinced this shithole hires everyone who so much as waves an application their way. Be a little more fuckin' selective, Wal-Mart. I'm sick of being shafted by my support.

2. The damn shirts I ordered for work are two sizes too big. This means either spending another ten bucks to return them and get replacements (and piss off management for a while longer because I'm not up to their dress code), or... I can try to hack them up. I have a similar style shirt that is a little too small for my tastes, and these are too big, so... I figure, lay one on top of the other and cut out something in between. I can adjust the sleeves a bit to pull them up higher and with a few passes of stitches, I should have sturdy, usable shirts in my size. I think. :uhoh:

3. Magix. Holy Mother of Dragonballs, Magix. I bought this because I loved version 10 and 12, and it's not going well. First it didn't like me importing large files (worked around it), and then it crashed while I wasn't even doing anything (who knows). Now the video and audio get out of sync after exporting, and Google, it does nothing! I can't find a single thread that is relevant to the contents in my version of the program. Goodness gracious, this is why I stopped editing. I'm so bogged down in technical bullshit all the time that I never get anything done. I miss the days when I just imported other people's videos into Windows Movie Maker and slapped some shit on the timeline, regardless of aspect ratio or quality, and my sync was off, but it was FUN and I was ENJOYING the editing instead of worrying about what Avisynth script I needed to clean up my footage, testing out ten different de-interlacers to find the one that was just right, and spending all of those hours making sure that the leaf flying across the scene in my clip swooshed perfectly in time with the swoosh in the song. God damn it, this stopped being fun when I started worrying about quality, and now my program is making it impossible to even TRY to be half-assed and enjoy myself.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:11 am

If the audio/video is off-sync, check your frame rates. If you're editing at 24 FPS (your file is 24 FPS), you should export at 24 FPS. Aside from that, I dunno. :uhoh:
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:01 am

First thing I checked, but thanks. Import is 29.97, export is 29.97. Maybe I'll try purposely screwing with it. Can't possibly come out any worse.

EDIT:

WHAT. THE FUCK. When I exported the audio and video together originally, it was off-sync by about a minute. When I exported the video and audio separately, they were different lengths (the exact off-sync amount), which I expected. When I exported the video separately again at 24 fps (arbitrary choice) and put it alongside the stand-alone audio, they synced up almost perfectly. This video is and always has been 29.97 fps. VDub said so, DGIndex said so, everything. MAGIX YOU ARE DRUNK GO HOME.

I'm willing to bet that 23.98 fps would make it come out perfectly (the audio is just a hair longer still). This is... I don't even know. If it works, it works, I guess. If I can get it uploaded with no hang ups, then I'll roll with it, even if I don't understand the logic behind this conclusion.

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:39 pm

This is malicious happy so I'm venting about it.

I cannot wait to submit a review of this class so I can express my utter dissatisfaction with this professor.
Has taught me nothing.
When I ask questions she ignores them.
Posted comments on assignments that makes me wonder if she even read said assignment.

Have taught myself the course through the textbook and Google :|

Oh, and full disclosure: I have an A in the class right now. I'm just mad I spent hundreds of dollars for a subpar prof who clearly doesn't give a crap and can't/won't teach me anything :<

Jadecavy
Org Profile

Post by Jadecavy » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:04 pm

I spent all day preparing for the regionals this Saturday and I still feel unprepared. I've tweaked my deck so much that it looks very different from previous builds and yet I'm still unhappy with it. I only have 3 days left to test it, I wish I hadn't put it off this long... >.>

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:11 am

extended from this....
slimed wrote:
Spoiler :
to be honest i don't know why i'm venting here or anywhere really. but to start there's this guy that started talking to me last semester and we kinda lost contact over break, we started talking again recently this semester. at one point he didn't respond to my text for a few days and i was overthinking and being stupid and i somehow came to the conclusion that he was ignoring me (it wasn't just a random text but a kinda personal question and it didn't feel like overreacting at the time) - so i just didn't even text him again and idk why i even came to think that because he's the one that first started messaging me to begin with and i felt kinda stupid when he texted me so nonchalantly a few days later.

i feel like i have to physically restrain myself from seeming emotionally invested and i'm not sure if i'm the only person like that, which makes me wonder if having little friends and any kind of relationships throughout high school etc is the cause of that. i've never honestly been in or interested in relationships. but now i'm tired of being lonely tbh lmao and i think i've started to go into most "hookup" situations with a mindset of "friends with benefits are nice but if it transitioned into a relationship that would be cool"-- and i've never met a guy on these terms that i could actually see myself in a relationship with until now.

so anyway, he texted me last night asking to get together which i was hesitant to do because he intimidates me a little, he's an extroverted party guy and he's a rec major and played football baseball wrestling in hs which is so different from me. he's also bisexual which normally would be all fine and whatever but he recently got out of an 8 year relationship with a girl and they just had started talking again and he was talking about how he was considering getting back together because i guess they still hook up idk.

he picked me up and we went to his place, talked a lot, hooked up (which was fun and i'd like to do it regularly but idk i'm not as sexually attracted to him as i am physically if that makes sense, which is completely fine with me, i would rather be just friends than just w/ benefits if i had to choose one over the other), and we just laid around and talked more after. later i kept thinking of things i could or should have said and i wish i was outgoing and talkative as him but i take time to open up, he just doesn't care about being 'goofy', says what he thinks, and is secure with who he is and it's really sweet and comforting in this case. he's also funny and nonjudgmental and that's sort of what i expected but it was hard to expect in person it to that extent, it's seriously hard to explain. we talked about past stories and just random insignificant things but he was so easy to talk to and i really want to be friends with him which isn't something i normally think about people. he talked about his sexuality and mentioned that he "isn't sure, but" he doesn't see himself being in a relationship with a guy, but is open-minded to things. and frankly based on conversation he's so much more open-minded about just anything than i think i could ever be.

i don't really know where i'm going with this but i like having things written out. i guess this is the first time i've clicked with a guy like this and i really do like him, i hope things pan out as nicely as i hope for.
Spoiler :
(maybe a tiny bit nsfw but idk probably not)

the same guy. in reality not much has happened since then but in my mind a lot has, and i like him so much more than i did before even.

we met up once a couple days ago. he said he was crying over being alone earlier that day (he was in a long relationship with a girl and he finally cut off their relationship all together) a few hours before texting me and asked to hangout. i came over and he was sitting in a lawn chair outside in his front yard around a fire by himself and there was a party earlier that night at his house and this was kind of late like 1am. and we sat and talked about a lot of different things and i felt like i got to know him a lot more and i love hearing about even the small insignificant things of his life. the negative is that i still couldn't open up, just like last time. i don't know why, if he never gets to know "me" then how could i ever expect him to like me let alone think anything greater of me or want to hang out more often. i think i might have him built so much emotionally in my head when in reality we've only met twice that me being quiet is out of plain nervousness. i wish i could describe how great he is in words. he's such a genuinely nice guy and he's so friendly. he kept trying to make me laugh and open me up and it would mostly be him talking and me adding words other than once in a while and i felt so annoyingly shy and i just didn't know what to say and i felt so different from myself. my friends at least find me funny and i really wish i could show him that side of me. he mentioned that there's a girl (not his long-term ex) that i think he said he's in love with in north carolina and that he plans to move there after graduating ("not to be with her"). he mentioned how he feels about guys again and i'm not sure if he's specifically hinting that he's not interested in guys emotionally or hinting that he potentially is - he was kind of, not "dodgy" but subtle when talking about his feelings. and when i think back on it it reminds me that i never explained about how i view relationships and my relationship status and it makes me wonder if he was curious of that. i keep thinking of things i should of said and i want to rewind to that moment.

later on we ended up in his bed and we had sex for a few hours, and yeah it was really great. being with him feels so comforting and "right". we were a lot more open (in bed at least) than the first time and there wasn't any awkwardness and it was a really fun time. later he drove me back to my dorm. in the back of my head i really wish and i wished the first time too that he would ask me to sleep over in his bed. falling asleep in his arms would be literally perfect and that's all i want.

i wanted to vent because it's 5;30am and he's stuck in my head. i'm too tired to coherently connect and transition all of my thoughts into each other and my mind isn't very coherent right now. i hope he invites me to his next party and even more so i hope i can actually be myself at that party which is what i'm scared of. i don't want to just be so introverted to the point where he gives up on me. i hate that he's graduating next may and ill be stuck here alone, miles away, and the thought of never seeing him again will honestly be a lot to handle. i just want something to happen before that, i don't want my feelings to go unknown. i probably sound stupid to anyone reading this that has been in a casual hookup situation before, and i know how this looks. maybe i am clingy and maybe i am overemotional, maybe past experiences have lead to this, but that doesn't change how i feel. i don't know if i'm emotionally ready or prepared for a "friend with benefits" and maybe these hookups under these terms are self destructive. he mentioned that he can't personally do casual hookups with girls as much anymore because he compares them to previous girlfriends and gets emotional and that it's easier with guys because he's never been with one before and has nothing to compare it to, and knowing he's been in my position or a similar position makes me feel a little better and justified over the fact that i have feelings for him in the first place. there's so much going on in my head right now and this is really only the tip of the iceberg.

irrelevantly, i have a different situation to vent about when it comes to a different guy i've been hooking up with. he's a great guy and i like him a lot, but i know i couldn't be in a relationship with him. i told him about the guy this entire post is about and that we hooked up (i didn't straightforward tell him, he asked and claimed to want to know for "safety" reasons on his part and there's a long story behind it that is too long to get into), he knew the guy, and said that he's a "truly great guy" and that i deserve someone like him and that i would be better off with him and a lot of really unexpected shots that i didn't ever expect him to say because i viewed our relationship as just a hookup thing and i thought that was what he wanted. and he just said that he didn't want to have me over "for a long while" after basically telling me he wanted a relationship with me and i do completely get how he felt and i feel so horrible for basically putting him in the same position i am but i don't know what i can do about it.

Return to “General Discussion”