[AWA Pro 2012] The Storm

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

[AWA Pro 2012] The Storm

Postby AimoAio » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:23 pm

I mentioned this before in the contest thread but this video really doesn't have any merits other than the colouring. It was something small I worked on over the summer because I wanted to practice colouring in Photoshop, however because I couldn't finish my other entry on time I ended up submitting this to AWA instead. So please don't worry if you can't see a story or anything resembling a concept because there isn't one. XD

The artwork in this manga is beautiful though, and I'm happy to know there'll be an anime adaption of it coming out soon so I hope this video will gather more interest in the series. Enjoy!

Spoiler :
And honestly, I hate colouring with a mouse. >__>

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Re: [AWA Pro 2012] The Storm

Postby Emong » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:21 pm

It does look like an experiment rather than a coherent video but it was nonetheless enjoyable. But, occasionally,
Spoiler :
sloppy masking!
Image Image

TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
Org Profile

Postby TritioAFB » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:51 pm

Not exactly the kind of video I'm used to, but I guess it was fine :up:

Just the masking seemed sometimes weird
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage

RAWdangers
Org Profile

Postby RAWdangers » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:20 pm

Very nice :up: I admire MMVs cause of the time they take (at least from the times I've tried x'D)
Spoiler :
needs more twitch though :up: that would make it a Pro MMV x3

Kisagi
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Postby Kisagi » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:42 pm

Great job on this, it was very facinating :mrgreen:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Postby AimoAio » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Emong wrote:It does look like an experiment rather than a coherent video but it was nonetheless enjoyable. But, occasionally,
Spoiler :
sloppy masking!

Yeah, the editing only took around 2-3 days and the rest of the time was spent on colouring. XD
Spoiler :
Blame the broken edges in the manga! Not me! XD

TritioAFB wrote:Not exactly the kind of video I'm used to, but I guess it was fine :up:

Just the masking seemed sometimes weird

It is pretty experimental so I can understand. And as I mentioned to Emong before, the drawing style of the mangaka included a lot of broken lines (gaps) so instead of fixing those lines and removing the whites, I just did a quick mask instead. (which doesn't look as neat) Thanks for watching though! ^^
RAWdangers wrote:Very nice :up: I admire MMVs cause of the time they take (at least from the times I've tried x'D)
Spoiler :
needs more twitch though :up: that would make it a Pro MMV x3

Aww thanks Tommy! And yeah they're a lot more work than normal videos because sometimes a certain scan can take hours to clean properly.
Spoiler :
Everything needs more twitch!

Theredflash66 wrote:Great job on this, it was very facinating :mrgreen:

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. ^^

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Postby Cecco » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Nice video may =)

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Postby Cenit » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Technical wise well done. Did you do the colouring by yourself? Really like the backgrounds and general look of it. In case they never animate more of Full Metal Panic i probably have to go with the Manga to do an AMV to my ideas. If that ever happens i will probably ask you for some advice. You seem pretty experienced with that stuff :D

Anyway Good Job :up:
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Postby Shin-AMV » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:56 am

Love your MMVs. Keep it up. :up:

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Postby AimoAio » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Cecco wrote:Nice video may =)

Thanks! :mrgreen:
Cenit wrote:Technical wise well done. Did you do the colouring by yourself? Really like the backgrounds and general look of it. In case they never animate more of Full Metal Panic i probably have to go with the Manga to do an AMV to my ideas. If that ever happens i will probably ask you for some advice. You seem pretty experienced with that stuff :D

Anyway Good Job :up:

Haha sure no problem! I'm not really an expert myself but I hope to practice more with MMVs in the future. And yeah I coloured all the scans myself, something I'd recommend NOT doing unless you have a tablet or lots of time to waste on shading in different layers. XD
Shin-AMV wrote:Love your MMVs. Keep it up. :up:

Thanks Shin! I hope you've been enjoying Hiyokoi. ;D

Return to “AMV Announcements”