God Knows

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Nipahcha
Org Profile

God Knows

Post by Nipahcha » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:31 am

Video: God Knows (Watch it Locally because UMG and youtube aren't being nice)
Category: Drama, Serious, Character Profile (I guess?)
Anime: Steins;Gate (TV)
Song: My Blood
Artist: Ellie Goulding
Creator: Nipahcha

Tried my hand at some new stuff, a whole bunch of new stuff... a whole, whole, WHOLE bunch of new stuff.
Enjoy!

:bzz: :bzz2:
Nipah~

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Re: God Knows

Post by Kionon » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:49 am

Enjoyed it, but way too many missed opportunities. There were several times where I was getting into the flow of the song and there was a crescendo building and you had a really good sync and then the music peaked and... Nothing. You left me hanging. :evil:

But, I gave it 4/5. :up:
Last edited by Kionon on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:57 am

A few of the scenes felt a little too still and stayed on screen longer than necessary, but you did a good job at setting the mood of this AMV :up:

tip: a slight zoom out would have really been beneficial to some of the still scenes that you used. It truly is amazing how effective this technique is.

Nipahcha
Org Profile

Post by Nipahcha » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:53 am

Thanks for the responses guys.

EDIT: Removed former text to prevent from looking like an idiot/noob.
Last edited by Nipahcha on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nipah~

Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Location: I wonder if you know how they live in Tokyo... DRIFT, DRIFT, DRIFT
Org Profile

Post by Kionon » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:58 am

Technically, uploaded videos should be completed. Asking for reuploads should be for very specific reasons. I wouldn't get in the habit of needing to correct because of feedback. That's what betas are for.
ImageImage
That YouTube Thing.

Nipahcha
Org Profile

Post by Nipahcha » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:56 am

Kionon wrote:Technically, uploaded videos should be completed. Asking for reuploads should be for very specific reasons. I wouldn't get in the habit of needing to correct because of feedback. That's what betas are for.
Yeah, I am aware of that, I personally thought it was done, but stepping away from it for an extended period of time makes me feel like there is so much more that could be done. I used to have people for beta testing, but they've long since started doing their own things and with school in session people are busier. I apologize.
Nipah~

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:49 am

not bad, pretty catchy. Although, for the static scenes I think you could give it a little more pop by adding some subtle camera movement throughout their duration. (i.e. Think Ken Burns) :up:

Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010
Org Profile

Post by Iron Solari » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:not bad, pretty catchy. Although, for the static scenes I think you could give it a little more pop by adding some subtle camera movement throughout their duration. (i.e. Think Ken Burns) :up:
Edit: Waffles
Last edited by Iron Solari on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:57 am

very nice sync, but some parts were a bit too long, so yeah 4/5

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”