FOLLOW THE TREAD TO PAGE 8 FOR THE LIST!ONLINE ENTRIES ONLY!Online entry deadline - Sunday, May 29th, 2011 11:59 PM EST
There will be NO EXTENSION
beyond this date!
All entries MUST be submitted no later then this.
Any entry arriving any later will not be considered, so make sure to get them in ASAP!!!
Contact the AMV Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
You can also contact the assistant DH: email@example.com
Please use Megaupload
or any reputable upload site and send the download link to both email addresses (for security and safety...and greater justice).AMV Categories
There will be six categories this year.Drama
UpBeat / Dance
(Yes, it's back for another year. Here is where you create a video that, in whatever way, annoys the viewers as much as possible. It can be bad editing (although not recommended), an annoying song, irritatingly repetitive video scenes,...use your imagination. Think of the most annoying thing you can do for a AMV to torture the viewers with. Look up HalOfBorg "AniBad" for an example.)
The audience will vote for the top videos in each category as well as Best in Show.
Our hand-selected panel of judges and the convention chairman choose our special Judge’s favorite and Chairman’s Awards respectively.
So, in summary...Best of Category
(one for each of the six)Best of ShowJudge's Choice Award
(our judging panel's award for best overall video)Coordinator's Choice
Con Chair's Award
Once the deadline passes and we have all our entries, the AMV staff will screen them all to determine the field of finalists.
The screening will utilize a fairly strict scoring system.
Your entry must pass a quality check (sound clarity and video quality, mainly) and then it will be judged on several technical factors, although entertainment value is extremely important. No one on the screening panel will be shown or told the name / identity of any of the submissions' editors. Once all the numbers are in, the math will be done and the highest-scoring entries will pass on to the finals (posted within a week of the convention).Submission Form
You must include a separate form for each AMV that you submit.
It must accompany the download link in the email you send.
The form should be nothing more then a normal .txt file that contains the following information:
- Full legal name
- Nickname / Studio name (if applicable)
- Mailing address
- Telephone number (including area code)
- Email address
- Title of AMV
- Song title(s) and artist(s)
- Name of source video footage
You must include ALL of that information before your video will be considered for the contest. If you are unsure about any of the information please look it up, as it is all crucial information.
Please name your files in this format:
video: “your name – video title.avi”
info: “your name – video title.txt”Submission Format
All submissions must meet the following standards:
- 720 x 480 resolution
- 29.97 fps -OR- 23.976 fps with 3:2 pulldown
- Non-Interlaced video (Progressive scan)
- 48000 Hz audio (two-channel stereo)
The following formats will be accepted, provided that they meet the above standards:
- MPEG 1 or 2
- HuffYUV avi
- Uncompressed avi
- Divx avi
- Xvid avi
- Uncompressed wav (PCM)
- MPEG audio (mp3, mp2, etc.)AMV Rules
1) All entries *MUST* conform to the formats listed above.
BUMPERS or CREDITS will be permitted! We will provide title screens to introduce each entry for the finals.
3) A maximum of three submissions per person, one per category, is allowed.
4) Entries must be at least 1 minute in length and not to exceed 5:30 minutes running time. They must contain at least 75% Japanese animation. Live action is allowed as long as your video remains mostly anime / video game. If you do use video game sources, make sure they are Japanese-produced.
5a) Submissions should be no more than 6 months old or close to it.
5b) Anti-trolling rules are in effect. Do not enter a video if it has won three major awards (best of category and best in show). If you enter several contests and your video wins its third award after the AMA submission deadline has passed, it will NOT count against you.
6) This contest will be viewed by a general audience (all-ages) so try and maintain a PG-rating. Absolutely NO sexual content, excessive violence, or profanity will be permitted.
7a) Dubbed sound from licensed commercial translation is NOT allowed.
7b) Your video will be disqualified if there are any logos, watermarks, or fan-produced subtitles. You ARE allowed to produce your own
8) All entries must be accompanied by a completely filled-out submission form. (see above) We can't stress this enough!
9) All submitted materials become the property of Anime Mid Atlantic, and are non-returnable.
10) Submissions with significant audio or visual degradation will not be accepted. (Hint: do not make AMVs with downloaded video or poor-sounding audio.)
11) Prizes will be presented during a formal award show on Sunday. If the contestant is not attending the convention or must leave before the award show, their awards will be mailed out after the convention courtesy of Anime Mid Atlantic. Please allow 4-6 weeks maximum for delivery.
12) Copies of the contest will not be available due to legal concerns.
13) Anime Mid Atlantic is not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, or damaged entries, prizes, etc.
14) We reserve the right to reject any video for any reason. Rules are subject to change. If any major changes are necessary to make your entry suitable for screening, we will contact you as soon as possible.
15) All members of the Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Staff are prohibited from entering this contest. They may still submit their videos to be shown during the non-competitive exhibition.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
for more details.
I realize this is short notice and we sincerely apologize for the delay in opening the contest. Bring us your best and tell your friends who edit AMVs that we're up and running.