Any good converters for Asf?

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
User avatar
angelchanx3
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:16 pm
Status: hnnnnng
Location: Montreal,Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Any good converters for Asf?

Postby angelchanx3 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:56 pm

Well personally i find Asf the best file type to edit with.So does anyone know a converter that can convert stuff like avi,mpg or wmv to asf? ^^

User avatar
Kionon
I ♥ the 80's
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2001 10:13 pm
Status: 日本人になる人の鮎川です。
Location: 日本、東京
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Any good converters for Asf?

Postby Kionon » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:47 am

What possible advantages could there be to editing in the .asf container? And on what platform (windows, I presume) and in what editor?

User avatar
mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:24 am
Status: (」・ワ・)」(⊃・ワ・)⊃
Location: Gallarate (VA), Italy
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Any good converters for Asf?

Postby mirkosp » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:33 am

Really, the difference isn't in the container, but in the codec. Working with avi is fine, as long as the codecs in it are the right ones for editing (huffyuv or lagarith). Editing with lossy codecs is what causes issues.
Image

User avatar
angelchanx3
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:16 pm
Status: hnnnnng
Location: Montreal,Canada
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Any good converters for Asf?

Postby angelchanx3 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:04 pm

Kionon wrote:What possible advantages could there be to editing in the .asf container? And on what platform (windows, I presume) and in what editor?

Well when i use them they dont lag like some other formats i tried. Sony vegas 8.0.

mirkosp wrote:Really, the difference isn't in the container, but in the codec. Working with avi is fine, as long as the codecs in it are the right ones for editing (huffyuv or lagarith). Editing with lossy codecs is what causes issues.

Ok then how do i convert Lossy codec.

User avatar
Slash
eion wouldn't treat me like this
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:04 pm
Status: Being desu
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: Any good converters for Asf?

Postby Slash » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:56 pm

angelchanx3 wrote:
Kionon wrote:What possible advantages could there be to editing in the .asf container? And on what platform (windows, I presume) and in what editor?

Well when i use them they dont lag like some other formats i tried. Sony vegas 8.0.

mirkosp wrote:Really, the difference isn't in the container, but in the codec. Working with avi is fine, as long as the codecs in it are the right ones for editing (huffyuv or lagarith). Editing with lossy codecs is what causes issues.

Ok then how do i convert Lossy codec.


Download the AMVapp available for download in the AMV front page under useful files, install everything then open vdub import your footage by clicking "open video file"

and do this

Image

Remember when saving to avi lagrith losseless codec to render in bits thus i'm showing you how to cut in to little pieces

After you have your desired scene choice selected you go to the "file" tab then go to save as, name your file and select the codec by clicking the "Change" option highlighted below and after that your done.

Image


Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest