Short AMVs for Short People

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Garylisk
Org Profile

Short AMVs for Short People

Post by Garylisk » Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:16 am

Well, I've been talking in the chat room about this for a week now, and I finally started it today.

"Short AMVs for Short People" is a new AMV Project started by Jarvious Demachi and myself. Basically, it consists of all 101 tracks from the punk compilation "Short Music for Short People".

Here's the webpage:
http://icon-stl.net/~dragon/samv/

I hope there's some interest in this and you all look at the page and pick some tracks! Since the songs are so short, the AMVs will be easy to make. I made a vid using the first (and shortest) track last night... it took me 15 minutes, that's counting a re-editing and exporting 3 different videos from the Premiere project/HUFF encode. This is an easy project to sink your teeth into, and if you like short, funy punk music, please join in! :)

-Garylisk
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 11, 2002 9:10 am

Err... I'm already using a track off it for Ian's MiniVid project, and possibly someone else is, as well...

Not to mention the majority of the songs on the CD.. quite frankly.. SUCK..

There's lots of good stuff on it, but there's also lots of CRAP on it, which is really only my one concern with your idea :). Plus, there's 101 tracks (good luck getting it done even if people have two tracks!).
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:35 am

Yeah well, it could fail. You never know unless you try.

Never heard of the minivid project.

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:05 am

Hey, I'm not saying it could / will fail... I just said it's a pretty complicated thing with a CD with a lot of crappy tracks! Heh. I wish you luck, but I do want to reiterate that the CD has 101 tracks (although they are very short ones), but still, even if you pass two or three tracks among people, you've still got a LOT of people to be responsible for!
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:55 pm

If not for the fact I'm completley overloaded as is on AMV projects I might have joined, but between my personal vids, NES project and Anipara Project I'm in a trouble.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:07 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:If not for the fact I'm completley overloaded as is on AMV projects I might have joined, but between my personal vids, NES project and Anipara Project I'm in a trouble.
Yeah well, some people are just too busy, that's understandable.

But again.. these are SHORT AMVs ;) As I said earlier, it took me 15 minutes total to make the Short Attention Span video. I imagine for a 30 second video, it should only take someone a couple hours tops unless you're doing something super complex.

Studio Hooghly
Org Profile

Post by Studio Hooghly » Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:44 pm

I'm already in. Track 30 won't know what hit it.
Nathan Rosen
Studio Hooghly

Farlo
expectations of deliberate annihilation
Org Profile

Post by Farlo » Tue Nov 12, 2002 4:00 am

ive made vids to ...doin laundry...asian pride...hand grenades.....see her pee already..i've had that cd for like 3 years

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:37 pm

There's a mailing list for the project now. Check the webpage for more info.

Also, the project is pregressing, slowly but surely. I am definitely confident.

And for those who don't like the CD and think that the songs are crappy.. Man, you guys are crazy. These tracks are awesome :P The more I listen to them, the more I like them.

-Garylisk
http://www.icon-stl.net/~dragon/samv

DashoutriderII
Org Profile

Post by DashoutriderII » Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:55 pm

that's an awesome project, eventually it has to get done.... I always tthought there needed to be more punk rock AMVs....
Sig generously made and courtiously hosted by darkyre...thnx

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”