anime vs western tv

someperson
Org Profile

Post by someperson » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:10 am

Char the second wrote:YES BUT THEY STILL SHOW COYBOY BEBOP THE REST IS CRAP
Very true. Adult swim hasn't been airing too many good things as of late. Wolf's Rain has proven interesting but that's just about it for me(FLCL is another acception). I wonder who decides what goes on AS in the first place. They should hold a poll or have a suggestion box for which animes they should show. That is, if people would actually participate.
Your life is incomplete if you haven't read Blade of the Immortal
Ctr+ Alt+Del
Bubble wrap

Youkai_Lady
Org Profile

Post by Youkai_Lady » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:49 am

I like American TV for the most part sure there is alot of shows that suck but the same goes for Japanese TV and if we are strictly talking about animation yea anime leaves western cartoons in the dust... :roll:
Its too big to fit in here

HeavyMetal
Org Profile

You got it.

Post by HeavyMetal » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:40 pm

Youkai_Lady nailed it.

yukimoru
Org Profile

Post by yukimoru » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:36 pm

Kracus wrote:The majority of anime, I do not believe make you delve deep and think. There are a few here and there. Most are very aparent and easy to pick out after a few episode (going along with your example of law and order). Also, even if they do make you think, what they are trying to make you think about isn't really that 'deep' or meaningful.
You really don't watch alot of anime do you? Or at least a wide variety. Sure there are plenty of anime shows that have alot of deep meaning to them!

:lol: By any chance are you new to anime? Or maybe you watch anime only on Fox or Cartoon Network?
A woman who is beautiful but lacks discretion is like a gold ring in a pig's snout.

yukimoru
Org Profile

Post by yukimoru » Mon Jun 14, 2004 1:49 pm

That was a jerky thing to say...sorry about that. :(
A woman who is beautiful but lacks discretion is like a gold ring in a pig's snout.

Kingjing
Org Profile

Post by Kingjing » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:17 pm

The problem lies in the fact that American entertainment is selling to a foreign market. America relies pretty heavily on trade with other countries, so films and television shows are built to be universal.

Humor and philosophy don't really translate very well, so they just put in lots and lots of sex and violence. Everybody can understand that.

Anime, however, doesn't. It generally has deeper plots or greater meanings (Unless you are watching shows made for fan-service geeks) then the average American show.

As for cartoons, they try to be funny, But are absolutely not. I miss the days of freakazoid :(

Anime usually has much more to offer. But you do get the occasional good thing out of the US. But that is rare nowadays.

O-Kagachi
Location: In your head, hearing you think. Please stop, it hurts.
Org Profile

Meh

Post by O-Kagachi » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:39 pm

about the only things I will watch on TV come on past 9:00 P.M., I leave teh Tv off untill then.

AMVfreak
Org Profile

Post by AMVfreak » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:51 pm

Why'd you necropost?
Lurid Enchantment - ICYCLOUD
urban suite - TRYTHIL
大切な思い - BAKADESHI
Expansion - RESK

O-Kagachi
Org Profile

Hmm....

Post by O-Kagachi » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:52 pm

Hmm.... Lets seeeee, CAUSE I DONT REALLY CARE. i just wanted to find somethin to do, so i didnt really care.

O-Kagachi
Org Profile

Hm

Post by O-Kagachi » Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:53 pm

Just tryin to keep a thread with a purpose alive.

Return to “General Anime”