Little Things You Hate

Topics not related to Anime Music Videos
dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Re: Little things you hate?

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:01 am

Seems to me that a lot of this would be resolved with blind judging. Of course, that's a lot of effort that may be excessive in the time frame that these contests go down, but at least it would give repeat winners something logical to throw back into the faces of everyone who cries foul.

They would still find something to whine about anyway, but it's a thought.

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:06 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:Seems to me that a lot of this would be resolved with blind judging. Of course, that's a lot of effort that may be excessive in the time frame that these contests go down, but at least it would give repeat winners something logical to throw back into the faces of everyone who cries foul.

They would still find something to whine about anyway, but it's a thought.
One of the contests was blind judging, the same thing was said. It's the same thing that gets said in AWA Pro every year, even though I don't let anyone see my video and I vehemently guard its secrecy until results are out. It's just easier to find some "reason" for it rather than it occurring to them that the judges have different tastes or *gasp* that I could possibly win something on my own merit.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:16 am

Oh? I didn't know that. Well that's total bullshit. People need to grow up. Like Oto said, just keep being amazing; the fact that you have haters is just evidence that you're doing it right.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:49 am

Otohiko wrote:As a judge, that makes me really angry too ~__~
Same here. It's insulting.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:53 am

Yeah but at the same time I bet people feel like a highschool basketball player going up against a professional team when they realize she's in the contest...

Sorry Ileia you are just that good! :P

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:57 am

Pwolf wrote:
Otohiko wrote:As a judge, that makes me really angry too ~__~
Same here. It's insulting.
Actually, fuck that shit. I'm in a semi-crappy mood already... who are the ones saying I'm playing favorites? If they want me to play favorites, I'll let them be my favorite. I'll make sure they never get my vote ever again. Grow the hell up and at least tell me to my face that I'm a shitty judge rather than doing it behind my back. Bunch of fucking poor sports.

/vent

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:59 am

JaddziaDax wrote:Yeah but at the same time I bet people feel like a highschool basketball player going up against a professional team when they realize she's in the contest...

Sorry Ileia you are just that good! :P
Yeah, I definitely feel that. I mean, I mostly don't enter contests because of how infrequently I edit, but sometimes, I just look at who else has entered and I know I don't stand a chance. It's no fun to compete when you know you're the fat kid who's gonna get picked last.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:20 am

Ileia wrote:Getting excited to see that I am a finalist of a competition only to have that excitement dashed to pieces by accusations of judges playing favorites and "might as well just announce her the winner now."

For the second year in a row, two different competitions. *sigh*
You better be in the next competition, Ileia because, one of these days, I'm gonna beat you. If you aren't, I won't have a reason to edit anymore v.v (That whole 'rivalry' thing, you know) |:>

FYI, if people are gonna whine about judges playing favorites, then they should've been trying to get better at editing rather than whining because whining doesn't get you to the finish line.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:02 am

My damn sinuses and their dependence on allergy medication exactly every 24 hours or else. I've lost more weekends to headaches than I care to count. And the only relief makes me so tired that I fall asleep on my couch and fuck up my neck for days.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:06 pm

People who whine and complain all the time on FB, who whine about how "stupid" or "horrible" everyone on FB is (because they don't share your narrow, self-entitled, "I want everything my way and nobody else can have it their way" viewpoint), then start talking about how they're going to delete their account because of it. Stop being a whiny little attention-whore already. We know you're not going to delete your account. You're just trying to get everyone to boo-hoo and feel sorry for you while they tell you what a precious little snowflake you are and beg you to keep your account. Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

tl;dr - If you're really sick of FB and want to leave, then DO IT. An angry post about it on FB just makes you look like a whiny little bitch.
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

Return to “General Discussion”