Need possible animes for a project

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
quietrain
Org Profile

Need possible animes for a project

Post by quietrain » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:51 pm

I've found a song that I want to do a video to: "Ghosts of Jackon Square" by Edwin McCain, but can't find the anime to go with it. What I'm looking for is an anime that touches on a parent's loss of a child. Of course, the anime itself can be about anything, but the death of a child and grieving parent(s) would need to be included in the footage somewhere.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:01 pm

Hmm...*think think think*

Well, could you still use the anime if it was the other way around? For example, could it be the child's loss of a parent?

If so, then I would suggest Fruits Basket, since there is a decent amount of footage throughout the anime of the main character losing her mother (don't worry, that's not a spoiler; you learn it in the first episode).

If not, then I'm not sure I can help. In anime, it seems to be a lot more common to see "child has lost parent" than "parent has lost child."

I hope that helps.

- dj_ultima_the_great

AquaSky
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by AquaSky » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:16 pm

A few series to look into with that sort of theme :
Pet Shop of Horrors
Kurau : Phantom Memory
Teizokurei Daydream
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Saikano

quietrain
Org Profile

Post by quietrain » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:25 pm

dj_ultima_the_great wrote: Well, could you still use the anime if it was the other way around? For example, could it be the child's loss of a parent?
- dj_ultima_the_great
Unfortunately, I don't think it would work as well. The lyrics works far too well for a parents loss rather than a child's.

Thanks IcyCloud. I don't recognize any of those, but I'll look into getting copies and see if any fit.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:28 pm

Alrighty then. I'll have to find that song and see if anything else sparks. Also, Icy may be on to something with Saikano. I haven't seen the other suggested anime, but that one may work.

- dj_ultima_the_great

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:16 pm

Parents griving over a death of a child? I believe there were a couple instances that happened in the mecha series Fafner that just got released by Geneon.
ImageImage

Wolven_Angel
Org Profile

Detective Conan...?

Post by Wolven_Angel » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:41 pm

In Detective Conan, Episode 7, a man grieves over the loss of his son, but it has limited footage. It would probably only work if you were going to make a video with more than one anime, or unless you could dig up a few more episodes of Detective Conan where something similar happens. Such as, in episode 6, a mother mourns over the death of her (teenage) son that she commited, after she gets caught. And in other episodes, parents mourn over their deceased (murdered) sons and daughters, but those were the only two I could think of off the top of my head.

pinky75910
Org Profile

Post by pinky75910 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:03 pm

Mainly one episode in Digimon 02, parents lose the elder of two brothers.
Making an amv, is rather like being the director of a Broadway show, where you have a million dancers and each of them only knows one step.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=50239

Return to “General AMV”