Project FMV 2: PR (canceled)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
AltruisticCrono
Org Profile

Post by AltruisticCrono » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:47 pm

>_<

Can anyone confirm what happened to Jen (comp virus, flooding, AFK, MIA, etc)?

It's very odd she dropped off the thread so long ago without a peep. Also, what has become of the project? Have most of you finished your sections or were you waiting for a response?

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:21 pm

I'm waiting for a response from her. I wanted to see if I was going in the right direction with the segment and she just kinda.....disappeared. O_o

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:41 pm

maybe she just went to spain earlier than expected? O.o

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:53 pm

I'm confused too. Especially since she was one of the better coordinators I've worked with. Then again, IRL stuff happens a lot.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:06 pm

So... you're probably wondering where I've been. Where to start...

I suppose, first and foremost, I should apologize - and I am sorry, everyone. The unfortunate truth is that ever since I got home from college, a number of "real life" things have piled up on me (the main culprit being study abroad) and I've simply hit a slump. What does this mean in terms of the project?

It means that, despite being given many terrific tracks-in-progress, even things that I normally enjoy doing (like coordinating this project) aren't catching my interest at all lately. I'm too focused on where I'm going to be two months from now and all of the stress that comes with preparing for that. I think this leaves me with three main options.

1. Cancel the project. Given all of the time and effort you guys have put into this, I'm really, really loathe to pick this. I barely even consider it an option.

2. Wait until I return from Spain. This was originally already worked into the schedule anyway. However, how many of you are really willing to pick this up so many months from now? Not too many, I'd bet. On the upside, study abroad will be out of the picture, and I'll just be concerned with a run-of-the-mill new semester starting. As I'm going to be a college senior, it's not exactly a song and dance I haven't done before, and thus, not something I'm particularly worried about.

3. Hand the project over to someone else. It gains the benefit of being finished on a timely schedule (hopefully), but loses some of the direction I was giving it. Yes, this is my baby and I'm cautious about someone else taking over, but it's the best option for you guys. The only downside is that I'm unsure of who would be a good choice for the job, but I'm sure that could be easily remedied by just taking suggestions and combining that with what I know about the particular members.

Believe me, I am painfully aware of the sizable chunk of time that I have wasted for you folks, and that is why I'm apologizing one more time. I wouldn't blame any of you for being frustrated with me right now. Still, I hope we can come to an agreement of how to work past this.

Sorry, everyone.

- Jen

Warlocket
Org Profile

Post by Warlocket » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:49 pm

I dunno about everyone else, but I'd be fine with waiting until you get back from Spain. I'd really hate to see this project get canceled altogether and while having someone else head the MEP is much better than discarding it, I'd still prefer waiting.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:17 pm

Spatula_Castle wrote:I dunno about everyone else, but I'd be fine with waiting until you get back from Spain. I'd really hate to see this project get canceled altogether and while having someone else head the MEP is much better than discarding it, I'd still prefer waiting.
I agree.

But then again, I knmow what it's like getting back from a long trip, so if the project needs to be cancelled, then I guess I understand.

Kazemon15
Org Profile

Post by Kazemon15 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:35 pm

Spatula_Castle wrote:I dunno about everyone else, but I'd be fine with waiting until you get back from Spain. I'd really hate to see this project get canceled altogether and while having someone else head the MEP is much better than discarding it, I'd still prefer waiting.
I agree, I'll also wait. I'm always online, so a simple PM when you get back and I'll be back to work. =3

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:11 am

I'm more than willing to wait until you return. With that much time, I'll definitely be able to swing that other track I mentioned. Plus I can actually make them look good! Image

omegaevolution
Org Profile

Post by omegaevolution » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:37 pm

waiting for me is not an option saddly.
You see, the "fun" factor of making AMVs is almost gone for me, I was planing to make this track my last try at editing something in which I would, somehow, care about the opinion of others.

Anyway, you could ask me for a final before you go if you liked the second beta (I still would need feedback as soon as possible, my reasons are in the PM I sent you 1 month ago), but I probably will not edit for this once you come back.

Cancel it would be a shame for sure.

and someone taking over would be a good option for everybody else but its not the same... besides that maybe that someone will make me redo the whole thing and maybe I will end up droping out of the project saying "you know? fuck this!" (I know it sounds selfish, but read again the first part of this post)
ImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”