Project FMV: Official Thread (released!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
masterGT
Org Profile

Post by masterGT » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:53 pm

Scott Green wrote:-beta no more available-

sry if you are too late, you´ll see it in the final project.....
Great Beta. I think I have to push myself and work harder on my part...
Maybe I find some time next week.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:57 pm

That beta was pretty sweet. I like, I like. :D There's one or two things I want to mention, but I'll PM you about that after I circulate your beta around to the other testers.

You guys are doing pretty hawt so far on your tracks. Keep up the good work~! ^_^

- Jen

masterGT
Org Profile

Post by masterGT » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:17 pm

Some work I've done:

JestersDanceBeta1

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:42 am

Hey, folks. Thought this thread was dead, didn't you? You all seem to have received my mass PM at this point. I'd still like responses from some folks, but enough people hit me back that I feel I can make some important decisions regarding this project.

First and foremost, I'm moving the deadline of the project to September 21st. I had some people request more time, partly due to other project commitments as well as editing for conventions. After this, though, I'm not moving the date anymore. The project has been dragging on since February and I feel like we've lost a lot of momentum since that first frantic interest gauge and filling of the tracks. If for some forsaken reason, someone doesn't finish their track by then, I'm simply offering it to another member of the project, or I'm editing it myself.

September 21st is an ideal date, as it's a Friday and I can have plenty of time to render the project and have it ready for download by that next Monday.

A few notes regarding the tracks themselves:

- is everyone remembering to edit five seconds over their track length? I'm not seeing that in all of the betas, and I won't accept your final segment if it's not there.

- if you finish your final beta and it's approved by the other beta testers, by all means, please send your final lossless version to me. I know that chronic procrastination is an epidemic in many MEPs, but the earlier you can get your tracks to me, the quicker I can release this full project. I'm not saying to rush your editing, but don't feel that because the deadline is later that you should just relax and ignore the project.

- when you render your final video, go ahead and render it with the audio attached. It'll be easier to match up the tracks to the full mix that way.

I'm still waiting for two of my beta testers to respond to my PM, so that's why I haven't gotten back to anyone yet. As soon as I hear from them, you'll hear from me.

I think that's everything for now. Except for... kitties. Lots of kitties. It wouldn't be a post without kitties. ;p

- Jen

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:57 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:kitties
That made me melt a little inside :)

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:16 am

Kickass, that means I'm probably going to actually spend time on this. <_<
dj_ultima_the_great wrote:- is everyone remembering to edit five seconds over their track length? I'm not seeing that in all of the betas, and I won't accept your final segment if it's not there.
Is that included in the .wav file?

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:19 am

Kitsuner wrote:Kickass, that means I'm probably going to actually spend time on this. <_<
dj_ultima_the_great wrote:- is everyone remembering to edit five seconds over their track length? I'm not seeing that in all of the betas, and I won't accept your final segment if it's not there.
Are you talking about the one I sent you sometime back? Cuz I don't remember for sure. I should have tacked on the five seconds.

- Jen

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:38 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:
Kitsuner wrote:Kickass, that means I'm probably going to actually spend time on this. <_<
Are you talking about the one I sent you sometime back? Cuz I don't remember for sure. I should have tacked on the five seconds.

- Jen
Mkay, it's there.

bluetrain
Org Profile

Post by bluetrain » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:01 am

Hey, long time no thread.

I wrote a pretty epic email to you tonight Jen. So hoping you got it. I backed it up just in case.

From the BETAs i've seen everything's looking pretty good, but i'd like to see some more to give some feedback because even some of the better segments aren't flawless as yet.

Teh good news is i haven't had any MAJOR problems, but there are still some issues with some videos, but i'm sure that'll all be sorted soon.

There are about 3 segments which are above 95% complete though, if not 100%

---

As for my progress, i'm still plodding along. Unfortunately S.T.A.L.K.E.R features video in framesize lower then 640x480 so it will be slightly scaled up - but because of how modern the game is - it should still look really good - and BOY do i mean really good! S.T.A.L.K.E.R had some pretty special GFX crews working on detail in those Cinematics.

---

Good luck to everyone and keep editting!
~BlueTrain
*one day something with some effort will reside here*

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:49 pm

bluetrain wrote:I wrote a pretty epic email to you tonight Jen. So hoping you got it. I backed it up just in case.
Yup yup, I got your e-mail. I'm glad that worked; I have no idea what's up with the PM system.

I'm not sure when I'm going to get a response from the last tester, so if you haven't gotten comments from me (and most haven't), I'll be working on sending those out in a day or two. I'd rather not wait for him and take away more precious editing time.
Unfortunately S.T.A.L.K.E.R features video in framesize lower then 640x480 so it will be slightly scaled up
This reminds me of a concern I had. The way I decided to do it was this:
- h.264 .mp4 will be 640x480
- XviD .avi will be 512x384

This is for a few reasons... first and foremost, think of the type of footage we're using. It's VG stuff, which has a TON of movement, and is a bitch to compress well and keep your video quality. Secondly, many of us are upscaling (myself included), which is hurting the video quality more.

The h.264 will keep the video quality a lot better at that higher resolution than an XviD will (at least, without being an overwhelming filesize). Also, the .mp4 will be on Local, since I don't have alternate hosting and I want the best version of the project available. Maybe someone will offer something closer to the final deadline or after I announce the project, but for now, the XviD will have to be by request.

As usual, if you have any questions, let me know. If not, I hope to see more betas soon. :D

- Jen

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”