Project FMV: Official Thread (released!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Tue May 01, 2007 11:05 pm

sayde wrote:
dj_ultima_the_great wrote:Oh, speaking of which... it's embarrassing to be saying this myself after what I just said, but sayde, I'll be late turning in my clip, because I'm not quite through rendering all of the footage yet. I'll be almost completely free tomorrow, so I'll do my best to hop to it then.
You're not the only person who'll be handing in their footage late. No need to feel embarrassed.
Anyways, as of today, (May 1st) these are the following people I need footage from.

-dj
-aerialesque
-inthesto
-Arkada
-IcyCloud
-bluetrain
-OropherZero
-AMV4000

To those of you who let me know beforehand that you'll be late w/ your submissions, I thank you. To those who didn't, well please either get 10 seconds of footage done soon, upload some footage from your game for me to use instead, or at the very least, send me a pm stating when I can expect something from you.
looks like i better start playing golf..

I've been working my ass off to finish teh henta mep and website work and all that so i guess i can start on this now

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Tue May 01, 2007 11:28 pm

still working on tweaking footage with avs, will upload soon

bluetrain
Org Profile

Post by bluetrain » Wed May 02, 2007 9:44 am

I tried uploading already. Failed.
I'll try again tonight.

Also i think i will definately change to "S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Shadow Of Chernobyl" as i pretty much want to be the First to Music-Video-Alize that game. And i just finished it tonight and got the "true" ending - man its 900% better and makes so much sense..!

Also Sayde i'll be sending the full intro movie - you can use whichever scene you want from the video. Its about 3mins long and FULL of some awesome footage. It is however 170mb. But the quality is fairly tasty. Oh and don't worry about the "noise" its part of the game - something to do with radiation - its on everything.
*one day something with some effort will reside here*

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue May 08, 2007 12:31 pm

Okay, made a few small changes and one major change.

The major change: for various reasons, angel234 (now known as Dark Seraphim) is no longer on the project. Takefuji and I discussed it afterwards, and we both agreed that "Switchback" doesn't fit as well stylistically with the rest of the songs. Thus, the last track has been changed to "The Heart of Everything" by Within Temptation, because it will end the mix well. To keep things simple, Take agreed to edit the track herself - she's using Kingdom Hearts. A new link has been put up for the new mix, but nothing else was changed, so it shouldn't affect anyone. It's just there if you want to hear the song, basically.

@AMV4000: loli golf, lawlz. XD I've changed your info on the main page, but let me know if capturing doesn't work out or if any other problems crop up, alrighty?

@bluetrain: I've never heard of that game - at least, not that I remember. I'll be interested to see what you do with it. Main page has been altered for you.

@everyone: if you're still lax on your lossless footage for sayde (like me... :sweat: ), please step it up a notch and try to prepare some. I'm not sure if he sent this to everyone or just me, but he said he'd basically be gone through the 14th, so keep that in mind as well.

First beta deadline is on May 20th. I'm not expecting much. Just basically a sign that you're working on your segment. I probably won't really get on anyone's ass about this deadline, but I'll become an unholy terror by the second one, so beware. (Not sure when the second deadline will be. Depends how far everyone is by the 20th. I'll most likely leave it up to you guys to determine a workable timeline - within reason, of course.)

Hope everyone is enjoying themselves. ACen convention timeline starts on Thursday night for me, so I'll be unreachable from then to probably Monday morning. Hope to meet a lot of editors while I'm there, and if any of you are going, maybe I'll get lucky and bump into one of ya. =^.^=

See ya, folks.

- Jen
Last edited by dj_ultima_the_great on Tue May 08, 2007 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Tue May 08, 2007 8:23 pm

dj_ultima_the_great wrote: @AMV4000: loli golf, lawlz. XD I've changed your info on the main page, but let me know if capturing doesn't work out or if any other problems crop up, alrighty?
Well my comp is too slow to capture, so i gotta use toothpickvics New machine... its like a 3ghz monster, so if it dosnt capture... then im scared... but i wont be able to get it captured for 2 weeks...

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon May 14, 2007 12:37 pm

Hi there, folks. Just posting to remind everyone that the deadline for the first beta is in less than a week (May 20th). I'd like to re-remind everyone what I'm expecting from these betas:

- if you have a video, great. I'd love to see whatever you have edited thus far.

- always PM your link to me and I will PM it to the other three beta testers. If you want to post the link in this thread as well, that's just fine. This project can only get better by having everyone know what the general quality of editing is.

- if you don't have a video ready yet, that's okay for this first deadline. Just make sure to let me know how you're doing. I know that some editors in this MEP will be recovering from ACen yet, so I'll go easy on everyone because of that. All I want to know is that you're alive and you haven't forgotten the project. If I don't get some kind of confirmation a day or two after the deadline, I'll PM you for one.

Lastly - and I can't really enforce this one - if you see a track that you think is better than yours, don't feel discouraged. Instead, let it motivate you to work even harder and make something that you feel is just as good as the videos around you. I want everyone to feel like they did their best when this is released. I don't want anyone thinking that their track is out of place or worse than others around them.

I haven't said this in a while, so it bears mentioning. If ever you believe I have not clarified something well enough, or that I'm not communicating with you well, let me know. If I can, I'm always ready to help.

- Jen

bluetrain
Org Profile

Post by bluetrain » Tue May 15, 2007 5:31 am

I'm not sure if i'll have a beta yet, i'm still messing around with the OGMs S.T.AL.K.E.R Comes with to see if i can fix them up further, but VDUB doesn't seem to like 'em much and i also need to free up so some HDD space, coz i'm packed to the gunwales right now!
*one day something with some effort will reside here*

masterGT
Org Profile

Post by masterGT » Tue May 15, 2007 3:13 pm

@ dj_ultima_the_great:
I don't think that I will have a beta till May 20, but I have edited about 35 sec. which are not the final version I think. If you want to see that so far, I can send It to you.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri May 18, 2007 11:57 pm

Hi,

just letting you know that I won't have time to even think about this MEP nor do the BETA until my exams are over - mid June but then I have a 1 month break which is more than enough to finish the entire track =O

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Sat May 19, 2007 1:00 pm

Alrighty, folks. Thanks for letting me know what's up. masterGT, I'd be happy to see what you have. ^_^

One day left before the deadline, folks. Oh, and even if you already sent me a beta, like, months ago, can you just post your confirmation that you did one more time? It'll help me keep track of things. Thanks.

- Jen

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”