Auriga

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Goketsu
Org Profile

Post by Goketsu » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:09 pm

hmm I didn't notice anything wrong with the lip sync , well I did at first but thats because the audio was lagging behind the video the first time I played it

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:17 pm

Very well done.

As expected from you good mood sync all over, but some parts didn't feel fitting.. still I give you an A for that.. I would give you an A+ but I don't like some of the scene selection.

I don't think it's my computer but the lip sync felt quite off, though I'm guessing it's hard to do with this new way of making a video.. not sure Edit: watched it again without my headphones and the lip sync felt fine.. I'll fix that in my review.. the lip sync is pretty darn good.

For visual quality, effort and sound quality I give it a A+

It felt incomplete, even though the video was over 5 minutes. :lol: Maybe that's a good thing cause I go back to it hoping to feel more from it.

The ending feels abrupt. Maybe because everything starts moving so fast when the music is at the same intensity of a lot of other parts that have slower scenes. You move from different scenes so quick then it ends.. I feel cheated... made me feel like there was a lot more to come and I wish there was.

Effects and panning style I give an A++

Even though I have minor issues about some things in the video.. I love the music and find there is much to learn from this video so I give it for reviewability 5/5

As for the video as a whole.. a 4.8 out of 5

Great work. One of my favorites of yours.

Make me more! xD

I'm listening to the song in the background from your video right now on loop. It's quite enjoyable(though IMO it just ends too fast, is this song a lot longer than the video and you just cut it up?)! Thanks for the great work!
Last edited by x_rex30 on Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Omikami_Amaterasu
Org Profile

Post by Omikami_Amaterasu » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:44 pm

Nostromo_vx wrote: I don't think the filesize is excessive considering the video settings.
I know that some people with old computers (3 years or more) can't play the divx 60 fps HD version. According to my tests on my computer (Q6600), the divx version needs about 6% of cpu charge. The h264 version needs about 12% so I'm assuming that a lot more people would have problems trying to play it.

Alright, I asked a friend to encode a < 100 Mo h264 432p version for local download... available soon.
I think when people say DivX is out of date, they don't mean how new the DivX codec you use is, but the fact that the codec itself has been superceded by better alternatives.

Xvid and h.264 (MP4) both offer better compression than DivX, especially h.264; there's a reason MP4 became the new multimedia standard for video codec, it simply compresses better than anything else. Even at 720p and 60fps your video should be able to be compressed below 200MB with no noticeable loss in quality (considering that 720p 20-minute long anime episodes are often compressed down to 300MB or less using h.264)

My computer handled your DivX just fine; I just figured not everyone wanted to download 300+MB for a 5 minute video. :)
Let knowledge and intellect guide our wisdom, so long as dreams and imagination guide our hearts - Image
My AMVs:Trinity Rising | Masika | BangBang

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:59 pm

Already number ten on the top ten percent. cool

Edit: Oh and sorry for the lip sync review. It's actually good.. maybe my computer was lagging out towards the end of the video where there was a lot of lip sync. 2nd time watching it all the way through it's just fine.

Nostromo_vx
Org Profile

Post by Nostromo_vx » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:09 pm

x_rex30 wrote:I'm listening to the song in the background from your video right now on loop. It's quite enjoyable(though IMO it just ends too fast, is this song a lot longer than the video and you just cut it up?)!
The Original Mix is 6:47 and the Montano Dub is 8:27.
This music doesn't really have a conclusion (other than digressive percussions), so I had to make one.

Indeed divx may not be state of the art in the codec world (although they made some interesting improvements lately) but I still like it and it works on ps3.

x_rex30 wrote:Edit: Oh and sorry for the lip sync review. It's actually good.. maybe my computer was lagging out towards the end of the video where there was a lot of lip sync. 2nd time watching it all the way through it's just fine.
Alright... maybe other people had the same problem and didn't notice.

Omikami_Amaterasu
Org Profile

Post by Omikami_Amaterasu » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:23 pm

PS3 doesn't play MP4? O_O It should be able to... heck cell phones play MP4. xD
Let knowledge and intellect guide our wisdom, so long as dreams and imagination guide our hearts - Image
My AMVs:Trinity Rising | Masika | BangBang

Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Post by Savia » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:52 am

I found this video to be very flashy and what have you, but ultimately lacking in substance. The motion and desire to dance that I want to see in a dance video just wasn't there. The lip synch also felt jarring. However several of the later sections of the video did make me smile.

3/5
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.

Turbo
is actually Jesus
Org Profile

Post by Turbo » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:39 am

[hits: 4573][opinions: 22][star count: 11][star avg: 4.36]

11 stars without local link looks very strange. =\

pharaoh
Org Profile

Post by pharaoh » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:26 am

oh man :sweat: my eyes hurt me from staring at your :shock: amv :amv: iam sending you the doctor bill

Nostromo_vx
Org Profile

Post by Nostromo_vx » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:13 am

Alright, 432p@60 h264 uploaded, encoded by Mirkosp & Osnar.

Although the file is < 100 MB, the quality is good but not better than the divx version. The file would have been 150 MB to have a better quality.

HUFFYUV : 3,39 GB

DIVX : 197 MB

H264 : 94 MB

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”