God Knows

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

God Knows

Postby Nipahcha » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:31 am

Video: God Knows (Watch it Locally because UMG and youtube aren't being nice)
Category: Drama, Serious, Character Profile (I guess?)
Anime: Steins;Gate (TV)
Song: My Blood
Artist: Ellie Goulding
Creator: Nipahcha

Tried my hand at some new stuff, a whole bunch of new stuff... a whole, whole, WHOLE bunch of new stuff.
Enjoy!

:bzz: :bzz2:
Nipah~
Nipahcha

Re: God Knows

Postby Athena » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:49 am

Enjoyed it, but way too many missed opportunities. There were several times where I was getting into the flow of the song and there was a crescendo building and you had a really good sync and then the music peaked and... Nothing. You left me hanging. :evil:

But, I gave it 4/5. :up:
Last edited by Athena on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby kireblue » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:57 am

A few of the scenes felt a little too still and stayed on screen longer than necessary, but you did a good job at setting the mood of this AMV :up:

tip: a slight zoom out would have really been beneficial to some of the still scenes that you used. It truly is amazing how effective this technique is.
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby Nipahcha » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:53 am

Thanks for the responses guys.

EDIT: Removed former text to prevent from looking like an idiot/noob.
Last edited by Nipahcha on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nipah~
Nipahcha

Postby Athena » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:58 am

Technically, uploaded videos should be completed. Asking for reuploads should be for very specific reasons. I wouldn't get in the habit of needing to correct because of feedback. That's what betas are for.
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Postby Nipahcha » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:56 am

Kionon wrote:Technically, uploaded videos should be completed. Asking for reuploads should be for very specific reasons. I wouldn't get in the habit of needing to correct because of feedback. That's what betas are for.

Yeah, I am aware of that, I personally thought it was done, but stepping away from it for an extended period of time makes me feel like there is so much more that could be done. I used to have people for beta testing, but they've long since started doing their own things and with school in session people are busier. I apologize.
Nipah~
Nipahcha

Postby Shin-AMV » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:49 am

not bad, pretty catchy. Although, for the static scenes I think you could give it a little more pop by adding some subtle camera movement throughout their duration. (i.e. Think Ken Burns) :up:
Shin-AMV

Postby Iron Solari » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:not bad, pretty catchy. Although, for the static scenes I think you could give it a little more pop by adding some subtle camera movement throughout their duration. (i.e. Think Ken Burns) :up:

Edit: Waffles
Last edited by Iron Solari on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some guy stuck a butter knife covered in peanut butter into my DvD player because he said it was hungry."
-Anonymous
Iron Solari
OSHMKUFA2010

Postby Kisagi » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:57 am

very nice sync, but some parts were a bit too long, so yeah 4/5
Kisagi
The sexy Artist

Return to AMV Announcements