Black Lagoon -- The War Inside

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
bleachcenter
Org Profile

Black Lagoon -- The War Inside

Post by bleachcenter » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:10 am

It's really short, pretty much just over a minute, and there's a split second moving mask that Vegas screwed up somehow...
The banner (of sorts) just comes from the actual amv. This was just meant as a fun piece made for one of my favorite anime.

Any opinions/constructive criticism is appreciated.

Clicking on the banner will lead to the youtube version. :]

Ijexis
Org Profile

Re: Black Lagoon -- The War Inside

Post by Ijexis » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:57 am

For some reason, some of the masks just felt unnecessary, the video was decent enough but some of the masks just felt like they were there simply for the sake of being there.

Kairih
Org Profile

Post by Kairih » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:31 am

I liked this one :up: Some things could have been better but I liked it 4/5!

bleachcenter
Org Profile

Post by bleachcenter » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:16 am

Ijexis wrote:For some reason, some of the masks just felt unnecessary, the video was decent enough but some of the masks just felt like they were there simply for the sake of being there.
Yeah...I had a feeling that's what the AMV felt like when I finished...my sister said the same thing. But thanks for watching! :]
Kairih wrote:I liked this one :up: Some things could have been better but I liked it 4/5!
Thank you. =)

Xoninmuoshda
Org Profile

Post by Xoninmuoshda » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:04 pm

Wow I love this. Not my fav anime.. but the song is fitting. The whole video flows nicely and the effects are clean. What software did you use?

bleachcenter
Org Profile

Post by bleachcenter » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:11 am

Xoninmuoshda wrote:Wow I love this. Not my fav anime.. but the song is fitting. The whole video flows nicely and the effects are clean. What software did you use?
Thank you~! :D

But, you don't like Black Lagoon?! I didn't like Roberta's OVAs v.much, but...

I used 3DS for the little blood cells bit, photoshop for the ending, and everything else was After Effects and Sony Vegas. :]

Xoninmuoshda
Org Profile

Post by Xoninmuoshda » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:10 pm

Black lagoon must be new i have not watched any of it. But man I watched this again and it looks like you did a lot of rotoscoping which is not easy! I really love the color effects you did as well. How long did this video take you to do?

bleachcenter
Org Profile

Post by bleachcenter » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Xoninmuoshda wrote:Black lagoon must be new i have not watched any of it. But man I watched this again and it looks like you did a lot of rotoscoping which is not easy! I really love the color effects you did as well. How long did this video take you to do?
Ah! It's one of those underground anime, sorta...it's not really mainstream, but it's got a pretty big following (well, I think so anyways, haha). It's 2006, I think.

Everytime someone mentions the phrase 'rotoscoping' I have to look it up. XD But yeah, that's the technique I used for the ending. :] And thank you. ^^ This amv took around 30-40 hours...basically I spent my spring break on it. :D

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:52 pm

I like your flow, even if there did seem to be a bit too many masked transitions, as Ijexis said. I also didn't care for your text (though I'm one to talk about text in AMV's :roll: )

Great visual style, however!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”